GUILTY TX - Justin and Jame Burns, (father and grandmother) charged with kidnapping two sisters, McKinney, 19 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
To be fair, the social workers who supervise these visits may not be able to physically stop an abduction. They certainly aren't all burly men who can put up a fight. They can try their best to talk the abductor down & regain control of the children. If unsuccessful the best thing they can do is call 911. These visitations take place with noncustodial parent's all the time. Most visitations go well. This case is one of those horrible exceptions IMO.
Yes, and I'm guessing there was just one CPS worker, so he/she was outnumbered to begin with. MOO

JAN 20, 2023
A 60-year-old woman is accused of taking her two granddaughters — who were last seen during a Child Protective Services-supervised visit Thursday evening — prompting an AMBER Alert early Friday, police said.

JesB 9, and JeB, 6, who are sisters, were last seen in the area of 320 North Central Expressway in McKinney shortly before 6 p.m. Thursday, according to the alert and police.

The two missing girls were last seen at a restaurant at that location, where they were "having a supervised visit with their non-custodial father, along with CPS, who had temporary custody of the girls," a police news release said.

[...]

Police did not say the father was involved in the incident, aside from being at the CPS-supervised visit.

[...]
why would they be in 'grave danger' with their grandmother? :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
JAN 22

An Amber Alert remains in effect Sunday, making it more than 48 hours since anyone saw 9-year-old JB and 6-year-old JeB.

The sisters, both of whom wear glasses, have blonde hair and blue eyes, were last seen around 6 p.m. Thursday at a McKinney Cicis at Central Expressway and Virginia Parkway.

JAN 22

An Amber Alert remains in effect Sunday, making it more than 48 hours since anyone saw 9-year-old JesB and 6-year-old JeB.

The sisters, both of whom wear glasses, have blonde hair and blue eyes, were last seen around 6 p.m. Thursday at a McKinney Cicis at Central Expressway and Virginia Parkway.

Noting:

From the girl's maternal grandmother, JP...
  • She last saw JeB, JesB and their middle sister, JoB, during a visit to Dallas over the summer, and at the time, the girls were already in CPS custody.
  • She said throughout her visit, they were happy and that JesB is the spitting image of their late mother.
  • She says JeB, the baby of the family, has a speech disorder and is incredibly loveable.
  • “They’re both beautiful children and extremely smart,” said Peacock.
  • “Please for the safety of the children, bring them back. You’ve already done what’s been done and can’t undo it. So please, for the safety of the children just bring them back,” she said.

Noting:

From the girl's maternal grandmother, JP...
  • She last saw JeB, JesB, and their middle sister, JoB, during a visit to Dallas over the summer, and at the time, the girls were already in CPS custody.
  • She said throughout her visit, they were happy and that JesB is the spitting image of their late mother.
  • She says JeB, the baby of the family, has a speech disorder and is incredibly loveable.
  • “They’re both beautiful children and extremely smart,” said Peacock.
  • “Please for the safety of the children, bring them back. You’ve already done what’s been done and can’t undo it. So please, for the safety of the children just bring them back,” she said.
I am so worried about these babies.

On supervised visits in public places, the CPS worker will usually stay a distance away from the family, to give them privacy. It's somewhat likely she was doing something on her laptop or phone, and missed them quietly slipping away.

They need to be located, and returned to the temporary custody of CPS, but I think there's every reason to hope the girls will be found well and safe.
Supervised means they are to be watched at all times .

We drove from Plano which is just a few minutes from McKinney to Fate,Texas today (about 30 milea) and all the digital billboards were flashing the Amber Alert information. So worried for these girls. Has anything been published about which direction the grandmother headed out from Cici’s Pizza? Did the CPS worker see the abduction happen or did they sneak away? So sad for these girls! Prayers and eyes open wide from my little spot in Texas.

Very difficult case that I hope is prompting loved ones into reflection.
I hope this casts light into the lives of these girls and brings them into a more stable situation. Confident and hopeful that they will be found alive.

Let us all remember that the CPS worker was outside when Josh Powell blew up his house. I have a lot of empathy for people paid poverty wages to deal with the pain among us.

IF this grandmother has a drug issue, I don't she her traveling far away from where she can get her hands on stuff, or contacts etc. IMO. Praying for these babies.
You're right. She was arrested in Richardson - about 18 minutes by vehicle.

Their grandmother, 60-year-old Jame Burns, was arrested in Richardson and charged with two felony counts of kidnapping.

Their grandmother, 60-year-old Jame Burns, was arrested in Richardson and charged with two felony counts of kidnapping.

Wow, I didn't see they were located when I posted. Excellent news!!!!!!! Thanks

Excellent news !
Thank you @PommyMommy , for the update !!!!
So thankful.
Wonder if someone called in a tip ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper