GUILTY TX - Kala Golden-Schuchardt, 28, Spring, 17 April 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My guess the gold-colored hair (a wig?) confused her.

And if long enough, could have hidden her arms or witness may have only seen her head. Not sure of witness position in relation to mother and killer.

Was a video clip I saw last night where witness was interviewed.

Sorta strange, that the witness was a black lady with gold color hair. Her name was Tia.

not unusual whatsoever (I am an RN, BSN and have worked pediatrics and also did a three year stint as a visiting nurse when we were stationed in Germany for newborns born in the German Krankenhaus)

Sounds to me like baby needed a bilirubin check?? If there is no one to take the mother to the MD, she has to get there!

Not unusual for a witness to be very wrong. She says she head the gunshots and she fell on the ground to protect herself so I am not sure how good a look she gotten. Was there a male involved at all or is the witness just very confused about what she saw?

That's true, I can imagine I would be a terrible witness to something like that.
I don't know if she is the only one who said that or not.

Not unusual for a witness to be very wrong. She says she head the gunshots and she fell on the ground to protect herself so I am not sure how good a look she gotten. Was there a male involved at all or is the witness just very confused about what she saw?

It was reported that the woman did the killing and the male took the baby out of the mother's car. Good God, I can't believe this.

That's true, I can imagine I would be a terrible witness to something like that.
I don't know if she is the only one who said that or not.

Well since the suspect was described as black I presume other witnesses gave a much more accurate description. And they don't appear to be looking for any males so I guess that was not correct either.

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. Not sure why it matters anyways because the woman has confessed to the crime.

Sounds to me like baby needed a bilirubin check?? If there is no one to take the mother to the MD, she has to get there!

exactly.. and so many women (depending on coverage and of course L and D are 2359'd....).... 2359'd is when the patient is discharged before 24 hours are up..

and yes (sigh) it is related to billing and insurance :-(

not unusual whatsoever (I am an RN, BSN and have worked pediatrics and also did a three year stint as a visiting nurse when we were stationed in Germany for newborns born in the German Krankenhaus)

I had a C-section and vaginal birth and I thought both times I was told not to drive for a while...I know I wasn't driving in 3 days though..

I had a C-section and vaginal birth and I thought both times I was told not to drive for a while...I know I wasn't driving in 3 days though..

she was driving though (not everyone does what they are told to do when given discharge instructions)

maybe she didn't have anyone to take her?

The point I was trying to make is that an appointment at three days of age is not odd in and of itself in my opinion.

"The newborn, Keegan Schuchardt, was found alive and well six hours after his 28-year-old mother Kayla Marie Golden was killed Tuesday, according to police. The suspect in the killing, Verna Deann McClain, a 30-year-old mother of three, is in police custody."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-keega...apital-charges/story?id=16160951#.T4671NnwGSo

I am TOTALLY confused and until I see more from MSM or directly from the horses mouth (LE) I am seriously doubting she has 3 children. I could be wrong, but they are showing pictures of a FB page where THAT Verna McClain graduated HS in 1986. So, the perp, if 30 would have been born in '81. Making her 5 upon her HS graduation.

Also, Nancy in her interview ^^^ made some remark about her last name McClain or "McGowen"----wth was that suppose to mean? Was she just being sarcastic or does this woman have a alias?

So many errors and misinformation coming out on this case. LE most certainly needs to hold a presser for answering all the ambiguities. IMO:maddening:

I am TOTALLY confused and until I see more from MSM or directly from the horses mouth (LE) I am seriously doubting she has 3 children. I could be wrong, but they are showing pictures of a FB page where THAT Verna McClain graduated HS in 1986. So, the perp, if 30 would have been born in '81. Making her 5 upon her HS graduation.

Also, Nancy in her interview ^^^ made some remark about her last name McClain or "McGowen"----wth was that suppose to mean? Was she just being sarcastic or does this woman have a alias?

So many errors and misinformation coming out on this case. LE most certainly needs to hold a presser for answering all the ambiguities. IMO:maddening:

In these types of cases, sometimes these women have numerous children but they got a new hubby (boyfriend/husband) with whom they don't have kids and they want to keep that hubby.
So it would not be unusual if she does have kids. I agree that the reporting could be erroneous right now-sure wouldn't be a first time.

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. Not sure why it matters anyways because the woman has confessed to the crime.

Agree, if I witnessed this, I think my mind would be blank!

I'm sorry, my computer is acting up. At this point, they are not looking for anyone else? No male involved?

exactly.. and so many women (depending on coverage and of course L and D are 2359'd....).... 2359'd is when the patient is discharged before 24 hours are up..

and yes (sigh) it is related to billing and insurance :-(

Sickening, isn't it! Used to have to put up a fight to keep a patient when suspect they were not ready to go home, not just OB, but med surge also.

I am so with you on this one. The picture shown on ABC this morning from the Facebook page of A Verna McClain just does not match the age of the person arrested. The Facebook "Verna" would be in her 40's based on her high school graduation of 1986 and entering Junior Collage in 1989.

My son graduated high school in 1986 and he is 44 although he would love to be back in his 30's.

ETA: Also if she had her nursing degree, I would think she would have proudly posted it! IMO

I am so with you on this one. The picture shown on ABC this morning from the Facebook page of A Verna McClain just does not match the age of the person arrested. The Facebook "Verna" would be in her 40's based on her high school graduation of 1986 and entering Junior Collage in 1989.

My son graduated high school in 1986 and he is 44 although he would love to be back in his 30's.

I made the same mistake earlier this morning - wrong Verna. The wrong FB Verna has her last name on FB like this:

Verna Mcclain (McGowan)

I made the same mistake earlier this morning - wrong Verna. The wrong FB Verna has her last name on FB like this:

Verna Mcclain (McGowan)

Yup, I saw that, however, Good Morning America posted the photo of the Verna McClain from that same Facebook page.

Verna Mcclain (McGowan)

Yes, I think this is the wrong person and very bad reporting by the MSM. The picture they showed (from the Verna you are showing above) is older and is originally from Michigan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayericson1026
Back