GUILTY TX - Kari Baker, 31, found dead in her Hewitt home, 7 April 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, News! Sorry I've been MIA. Been crazy busy these days. I heard from the AP at 48 Hours that mostly likely the three web extras will be posted online after the show airs. =( I was hoping for some this week. But she did say that Erin's "Notebook" will be online either today or tomorrow so that will be some good reading, I'm sure. As soon as I see it, I'll link to it. Also, I'll have something extra and very cool on my blog later this week. So stay tuned.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. Keep praying for Kensi and Grace.

I will be watching!! Your blog is such a tribute to Kari and how to advocate for a victim so thank you for all the work you put into it. I have often found myself wondering about the periods of silence and gone to your blog for answers!
Here is the link if anyone wants to check it out:
http://dontevengetstarted.blogspot.com/

Matt Baker totally gives me the creeps. I was so relieved he was convicted. Just...ick.

Looks like WS own member has access on the 48 hours piece - she says watch this week for web extras and goodies - :woohoo:I love goodies! LOL

I will link back if I see anything cool or maybe Justice For Kari will come and share with us too!

Now this was a goodie, Justice in Waco!!!!!!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: She got a print interview with Erin Moriarty!!!!!!! Very interesting!
So, Justice in Waco is Erin as cool in real life as she seems on TV?

News.....
Yes! My first "time spent" with Erin, her associate producers and her crew was in January of 2008. I was nervous as all get out to sit down on camera with Erin Moriarty! OMG is not a strong enough phrase. LOL But within minutes, I was completely at ease. Not ready for the interview to be over with actually. Like I said on the blog last night, she and her entire team are the epitome of complete professionalism and complete human-ness. The AP told me later on the phone that when I was done, there wasn't a dry eye in the house...including cameramen. I don't say to make myself look like "wow" but to show how EVERYONE involved in this story, on all sorts of ends, can't help but be touched by Kari....and her "spirit" that surrounds every single person that fought for her justice.

I don't know if you all know this but someone from 48 Hours (almost always AP Lisa Freed, sometimes AP Elena DiFiore, and sometimes Erin) was at most of the hearings the year before the actual trial. They would fly down from New York so as not to miss a thing.....get the info and the experience first hand! I honestly can say that they were the only news/investigative journalism team/network to do this. (Correcting this to say the only non-local group to do this. I also want to give a grateful "shout out" to Waco Tribune Herald reporter, Tommy Witherspoon on this. He was most certainly one of THE MOST dedicated reporters during the entire 4+ years....and continuing. Love ya, Tommy!) So I got to spend a little time with these guys at those times. And then they were here during the over-a-week-long trial. Again, very professional. Yet very human. VERY easy to talk to and be with. A fascinating group of very caring, top-notch journalists/reporters.

My experience (and I'll go so far as to speak for Kari's family on this as well) with 48 Hours was far more compassionate than I/we ever imagined it could be. I enjoyed 48 Hours before this. I enjoy AND respect it now ten-fold for having had the chance to personally get to know many of them.

Anyway, that's it for now. After the show airs, 48 Hours will be releasing three web extras. They will, of course, be on their website. I will also put them on the blog as soon as they release them. They will be GOOD ONES! ;)

Just got this in a google alert - I love the interesting tidbits from Erin and 48 hours that they are uploading prior to the show.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20021230-504083.html

I also didn't know Erin was an attorney too! I never read her caption by her pic to see that! That explains why she is so smart! LOL "Erin Moriarty is an attorney and an award-winning correspondent for CBS News. She covered the Oklahoma City bombing, the Columbine High School shootings and the 9/11 investigation overseas. Moriarty has won nine national Emmy Awards and a 2001 Press Club Award, among others. She has been a correspondent for 48 Hours | Mystery since 1990."

Now how did I miss that all this time! :waitasec:

I have had alerts via email set up on this case for a long time and another search engine just sent me this - looks like 48 hours is causing a buzz for the Sat night 2 hour special.
http://www.texasmonthly.com/2010-11-01/webextra8.php
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Austin-TX/Texas-Monthly/54405870363

snippet: "In the end, of course, the most riveting character is Matt Baker. He gave plenty of interviews from the beginning of this saga and, incredibly, agreed to sit down with Moriatry for one last post-trial interview. She decimates him with her questions, especially when she asks why Vanessa would come forward with a story that ultimately won over the jury at trial. She also asks him, point-blank, “Are you ready to finally admit you killed your wife?” Matt’s answer, and the way he looks at Moriatry as he says it, is worth the price of admission alone." <<----------- NOW THAT I WANT TO SEE!

News.....
Yes! My first "time spent" with Erin, her associate producers and her crew was in January of 2008. I was nervous as all get out to sit down on camera with Erin Moriarty! OMG is not a strong enough phrase. LOL But within minutes, I was completely at ease. Not ready for the interview to be over with actually. Like I said on the blog last night, she and her entire team are the epitome of complete professionalism and complete human-ness. The AP told me later on the phone that when I was done, there wasn't a dry eye in the house...including cameramen. I don't say to make myself look like "wow" but to show how EVERYONE involved in this story, on all sorts of ends, can't help but be touched by Kari....and her "spirit" that surrounds every single person that fought for her justice.

I don't know if you all know this but someone from 48 Hours (almost always AP Lisa Freed, sometimes AP Elena DiFiore, and sometimes Erin) was at most of the hearings the year before the actual trial. They would fly down from New York so as not to miss a thing.....get the info and the experience first hand! I honestly can say that they were the only news/investigative journalism team/network to do this. (Correcting this to say the only non-local group to do this. I also want to give a grateful "shout out" to Waco Tribune Herald reporter, Tommy Witherspoon on this. He was most certainly one of THE MOST dedicated reporters during the entire 4+ years....and continuing. Love ya, Tommy!) So I got to spend a little time with these guys at those times. And then they were here during the over-a-week-long trial. Again, very professional. Yet very human. VERY easy to talk to and be with. A fascinating group of very caring, top-notch journalists/reporters.

My experience (and I'll go so far as to speak for Kari's family on this as well) with 48 Hours was far more compassionate than I/we ever imagined it could be. I enjoyed 48 Hours before this. I enjoy AND respect it now ten-fold for having had the chance to personally get to know many of them.

Anyway, that's it for now. After the show airs, 48 Hours will be releasing three web extras. They will, of course, be on their website. I will also put them on the blog as soon as they release them. They will be GOOD ONES! ;)

Wanted to thank you for sharing all this with us! How awesome that you got to work with such professionals and they with you!
I LOVED the Question and Answers exclusive your blog got! Please thank Erin for all us old time readers and viewers!
Do you know if the first hour has any changes?
I can't wait to see the second hour, Dirty Little Secrets..... especially after what Skip from Texas Monthly said!
Hey, any way you could get Tommy W at Waco Trib to have management do away with the subscription only online thing? During the trial, Waco Trib was my trial bible! I miss it. (Can't hurt to ask, right? LOL)

Hope you come and share your impressions with us after the show tomorrow or Sunday!

Looks like WS own member has access on the 48 hours piece - she says watch this week for web extras and goodies - :woohoo:I love goodies! LOL

I will link back if I see anything cool or maybe Justice For Kari will come and share with us too!

Bumping this to say to the new visitors this weekend that the WS member above's blog got an EXCLUSIVE Q&A with Erin Moriatry that was an inside look and insightful look at the world of investigative reporting.

I have a question. Can we still see the inquest doc anywhere online? You have to subscribe to the Waco newspaper to see it there. :(

I'm catching up on this case and hope to see the show tomorrow night. A News Junkie and JusticeinWaco... thank you guys so much for keeping this thread so well updated!

Next I hope to read over at Justice's blog.

I have a question. Can we still see the inquest doc anywhere online? You have to subscribe to the Waco newspaper to see it there. :(

I'm catching up on this case and hope to see the show tomorrow night. A News Junkie and JusticeinWaco... thank you guys so much for keeping this thread so well updated!

Next I hope to read over at Justice's blog.

I uploaded them for ya! Here you go:
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...FhN2QtYjNkOTRlM2Q3YjZi&hl=en&authkey=CNqLtIcI
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...JmNWEtNGE5OTdlZGUxMTYw&hl=en&authkey=CMCe-dEL
https://docs.google.com/fileview?id...I3OGMtYzhkYzkyYzI4Y2Ey&hl=en&authkey=CIfu2JoO

Did anyone else's local CBS channel air something else instead of 48 Hours tonight? Emailing to let them know how disappointed I am with that decision.

Did anyone else's local CBS channel air something else instead of 48 Hours tonight? Emailing to let them know how disappointed I am with that decision.

Wow - no it is on here. They are airing the first hour right now. Last time it aired 48 hours uploaded the entire show. I will watch and post a link for you w1df10wr when I see it.

PS - could your local station be running late from college football earlier today? Here CSI was on before the show - so maybe they are late in the programming?

Wow - no it is on here. They are airing the first hour right now. Last time it aired 48 hours uploaded the entire show. I will watch and post a link for you w1df10wr when I see it.

PS - could your local station be running late from college football earlier today? Here CSI was on before the show - so maybe they are late in the programming?

It's on here in Rochester. Did this episode run before?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985
Back