GUILTY TX - Kari Baker, 31, found dead in her Hewitt home, 7 April 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is tough to watch. The ????? knew he planned to kill Kari and didn't tell anyone?! And she walked out of that courtroom like she owned the freakin' world!! :furious:

This is tough to watch. The ????? knew he planned to kill Kari and didn't tell anyone?! And she walked out of that courtroom like she owned the freakin' world!! :furious:

She is so narcissist - she even said in the police interview this is so hard or scary for me. She and she alone owns that she could have stopped this.
I have tears streaming down my face but not for the typed update that she lost her job.
Crawford Long said it best in an interview after the trial - sometimes you have to make a deal with the devil to get justice. <------- that is a paraphrase, I find that link tomorrow.
IMHO, her arrogance and gait at the trial showed me she has no remorse or ownership of what she owns in Kari's death.

At least she finally told the truth. It wasn't enough to save Kari's life but it was enough to get the ?????????? convicted.

Did the police keep the suicide note? If so did they check it for fingerprints? It would be interesting to know if Kari's were even on it. If they weren't then that would be extremely damning evidence.

In a way I feel bad for the defense attorney. In the first hour's show I really believe he thought Matt was innocent. Then when the ????? came forward he realized he'd been shnookered and wanted off the case.

What's truly sad is what Matt's parents are doing to her kids. I can understand finding it hard to believe your kid killed his wife but to turn them against our friend is deplorable. Having them believe that Kari killed herself will make them believe she didn't care enough about them to stick around. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?

Did anyone else's local CBS channel air something else instead of 48 Hours tonight? Emailing to let them know how disappointed I am with that decision.

Here we got the whole 2 hours.

Wow, that guy put up a good front and for a while, I was going against my gut. I think it was seeing him with his child ren. But when EM started to show his interviews side-by-side, it was clear he was telling "mistruths'.
He really came close to staying free.

Good for Charlie and her angels!! Great job ladies! Wondeful family unity. It was nice to see everybody get together for Justice for Kari.

I hope Jan. goes well for the children and grandparents.
imo
~~God Bless~

First Hour: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7007392n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

Second Hour: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7007647n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

RIP Kari - next we will all pray for your girls and that they go home with your mother who stated that she can forgive for them because in the end, Love trumps evil!

(BTW- matt's mother said in an interview that suicide was the best option for Kari (paraphrase - will link tomorrow) but that says it all for me that these girls need to be with the Dulin's.

At least she finally told the truth. It wasn't enough to save Kari's life but it was enough to get the ????????? convicted.

Did the police keep the suicide note? If so did they check it for fingerprints? It would be interesting to know if Kari's were even on it. If they weren't then that would be extremely damning evidence.

In a way I feel bad for the defense attorney. In the first hour's show I really believe he thought Matt was innocent. Then when the ????? came forward he realized he'd been shnookered and wanted off the case.

What's truly sad is what Matt's parents are doing to her kids. I can understand finding it hard to believe your kid killed his wife but to turn them against our friend is deplorable. Having them believe that Kari killed herself will make them believe she didn't care enough about them to stick around. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree does it?

No fingerprints. Just DNA. VB the mistress who allowed this to happen testified at trial that MB told her he took Kari's hands and rubbed them all over the note in case it was tested. He tried but like he himself is, he was an epic fail.

48 hours staff told JusticeInWaco that they would have additional information that would be uploaded after the show - in addition to the videos the print story of Dirty Little Secrets.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/30/48hours/main7007478.shtml

DripDrop - besides being a news junkie I am also a student (not formal) of body language and lies and I researched this case quite a bit and found some real experts who picked up the same tell tail signs of deception and lying in MB on camera interviews. Sociopaths can often even fool a lie detector but body language is much harder for them to fake. His demeanor in the trial was cold, arrogant and filled with signs to me. Amazing psychological case. Sad but amazing.

OMG - You have to watch this. Around 4:10 mark MB tries telling Erin that because they had a pillow top mattress that is why Kari's one arm was lower and thus the reason for the uneven lividity! The look on Erin's face is priceless!

There is really not anything that can make this better, It's a tragedy of epic proportions. :(

Hopefully Kari has her Kassidy in her arms now and forever.
3.gif
and they will guide the girls from their side.

It's such a shame things like this happen. D I V O R C E her if you think she's "too fat" "too depressed" etc etc etc.
I'm so sorry Mr.& Mrs.D. :(

48 hours staff told JusticeInWaco that they would have additional information that would be uploaded after the show - in addition to the videos the print story of Dirty Little Secrets.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/10/30/48hours/main7007478.shtml

DripDrop - besides being a news junkie I am also a student (not formal) of body language and lies and I researched this case quite a bit and found some real experts who picked up the same tell tail signs of deception and lying in MB on camera interviews. Sociopaths can often even fool a lie detector but body language is much harder for them to fake. His demeanor in the trial was cold, arrogant and filled with signs to me. Amazing psychological case. Sad but amazing.

I totally agree with you A_News_Junkie he was cold cold cold.

If you have expressed how you saw his body language somewhere, can you please point me to it? I''ve always been interested in that.
Like the looking to the left before lying.
He lied, yes he did. I was finally 100% convinced when EM showed the side -by-side "mistruths".
I usually go with my gut and this guy was a talker, besides being a Pastor.
I do believe he murdered Kari. IMO

Thank you!

The 48 Hours show tonight... wow! I hope that the children don't have to stay with the Bakers. I'm just convinced that the kind of mind that Matt Baker has didn't grow in a void... he was raised never to take responsibility for the things he did. Those children need the love and sanity of Kari's parents instead of the poison of the Bakers!

Thanks again for uploading these for me.

Thank you Websleuths for the 48 hours episode alert.

Thank you to A_News_Junkie & Justice In Waco & others for all the work you have done, keeping everyone up to date on this case.

I haven't read every post on this thread yet, my opinion is based on what I know at this time.

Thank you to those who fought to get justice for Kari! After watching the 1st 48hours segment, I didn't think Kari would take her own life. She lost a child but had 2 others to raise, love and care for. Someone almost got away with a crime, in the end.... they didn't!

Thank you again for all those who fought to get justice for Kari!

I watched the double episode, and my first impression was that he was innocent, but it didn't take long to have doubts. One thing I noticed was that his eyelids fluttered when he lied about not murdering his wife. He also looked down to the right when he lied. I don't read body language, but I did notice that rather consistent reaction with his lying.

I hope that his girlfriend, Bull, has a very lonely and unpleasant life. That she knew, in advance, that the mother of young children was going to be murdered, and did nothing, is absolutely unforgiveable. That she was a teacher, with that absence of morals and ethics, is astounding ... thank goodness she was fired ... and hopefully is never a role model for children again in her life. She keeps very dirty secrets, and should never be in a position of responsibility with children ... or anything, for that matter.

I just watched the 48 hours here.

Great show.

Prayers for those two precious little girls.

I watched 48 Hours last night...thanks to the alert from WS! I haven't followed this tragedy at all...looks like I'll be reading back today.

My heart and prayers for those 2 beautiful girls, Kari's mom, dad, aunts, friends...and everyone who loved her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SWilkie1985
Back