GUILTY TX - Kari Baker, 31, found dead in her Hewitt home, 7 April 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:rose::rose::rose::rose:
Today is 5 years two girls have been without their mother.
5 years a mother and father without their daughter.
5 years a brother without his sister.
5 years children have been deprived a wonderful teacher.
5 years collegues and friends without her joy and no-expectations friendship.
5 years aunts and uncles and fellow parishioners have been denied her love and influence.
5 years many of us have only known her by the horror done to her, but for me in advocating for her and for what seems unquestionably best for her girls, I have grown to know more about her than the circumstances that ended her life. That is as it should be. Much of that has been gained by the posts and posters at Shannon's blog. I have learned so much about this amazing woman I actually feel as if she is/was my friend. The best reflection I ever saw of Kari was at her trial when her mother told matt baker she forgives him, because she had to....because she had to for the girls. Because, Love trumps evil. Linda showed us Kari that day and the stock she was built from. I know that I am humbled by my learned friendship with Kari. I hope I never know the pain of those whose lives she graced; but I hope to feel often the rare gift of having such a wonderful person in my life. I am sure with all my heart, she was a gift to those who were touched by her life, in real life. I know I am and Kari will always be my friend I never met but whom I have grown to care about and adore just by having learned her through the stories of her life.

RIP Kari, we will take it from here. There are several who know and whom work to help in anyway they can to get the things that matter to you most done. The Purdy's and Kari's law and your mom and dad and all the people helping them with custody. I hope one day soon, I wake up to a google alert or check out DEGMS and see that your babies are home with your mom.
:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose:

Beautiful post here at our fellow WS members page: http://dontevengetstarted.blogspot.com/

If anyone gets Waco Trib online - will you let us know what this story says......PRETTY PLEASE!!!
From: (which to read full story takes you to subscription page of Waco Trib)http://www.ma.rr.com/news/topicdl/a...dEz/04tB7fD2Oq9S7/Court_appointee_Matt_Bakers
"Jim and Linda Dulin, of Woodway, should be awarded sole custody of their grandchildren because the two girls are being manipulated by their father, Matt Baker, and recent sexual abuse accusations against Baker’s father put them at risk, a court-appointed"

***** Sounds like custody hearing is finally getting underway --- Final peace for Kari - let LOVE TRUMP EVIL~!
Looks like our fellow member is there too!
http://dontevengetstarted.blogspot.com/
"Tuesday, July 5th will start off with jury selection. I'm guessing that will take most of that day, maybe even run into Wednesday morning some. Not sure. So the actual trial should start July 6th, Wednesday, sometime and run through the beginning to middle of next week. I will be there the entire time but I will not be able to put anything on the blog during the trial."

http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/v...9e9cd5f/TX--Convicted-Minister-Custody-Trial/

SNIP:

"The Waco Tribune-Herald reports a court-appointed adviser, Stephanie Trulson, has said recent accusations of sexual abuse by Oscar Baker, raised by a former foster child, put his grandchildren at risk with him. Oscar Baker has not been charged."

Sadly, doesn't surprise me at all -- no wonder he never showed his face much, eh?
How I pray this will end in the girls going home with the Dulin's as you know their mother would have wanted. Then I can feel that Kari can rest in peace fully as matt's appeals get denied!

:praying::praying::praying::praying::praying:

Stephanie R. Trulson, a court-appointed adviser who conducted home studies on both the Baker and Dulin homes has recommended that the Dulins be awarded custody for several reasons, including the "unhealthy emotional environment" she says exists in the Baker home, according to a report she gave the judge in this case.
AND..
She said any visits Oscar and Barbara Baker make to the girls should be limited and supervised and that the children's therapist determine whether Matt Baker should be allowed to have any contact with his daughters while he is in prison.

I followed this case prior to his conviction.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on why the children should be removed from their paternal grandparents and instead be with maternal grandparents?

(please don't bite me LOL I really don't have info on the kids) :)

I followed this case prior to his conviction.

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on why the children should be removed from their paternal grandparents and instead be with maternal grandparents?

(please don't bite me LOL I really don't have info on the kids) :)

I could go on and on on this....... most of the links to quotes of both sets of grandparents don't work any longer but let me see if this one quote leaves you asking for more reasons.........

"Suicide is an answer to pain you can't get rid of," Barbara Baker said. "There was pain that Kari was undergoing that she either couldn't or didn't get the proper help for and that was not a bad answer for her." http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=7252064&page=1

Compare that to Linda and "love trumps evil" and testimony that she forgives matt as she must, for the girls and to move on.

Need more? LOL

Yikes! Nope that's good enough thanks ANJ!

I won't read that but I am praying for the Dulins to get custody.

Don't blame you -- I feel absolutely ill after having read it. No wonder certain people were not at the trial and certain ones were. At least if my hunch about certain things is correct.

I always wondered why not one foster child came forward to testify for matt at trial and of course why his father was ever so absent. I wondered this for so long but to read it - annihilated my stomach.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67
Back