GUILTY TX - Kaufman Co. prosecutors Hasse, McLelland & Mrs McLelland slain in revenge plot

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The longer I think about this case the more confused I become. Why on earth, would EW need to steal computer monitors anyway? They are almost obsolete by the time you get them home from the store with newer models being introduced all the time. I myself have given away a couple of older models when I purchased upgrades. Surely someone would have been willing to give him their older models. It just does not make any sense.

Of course I've always had a lot of sympathy for the Hasse & McLelland families, but the realtively trivial matter that started this disaster makes me feel even more sympathy for them. Such a sad waste of life over something so trivial.:banghead:

The timing seems right. I submitted the two names, along with their pictures, on the 12th, Friday. They talked on Saturday. I sure could use the money.
EW had complete access to the weapons in the Redbird armory. EW had so many guns (20) so that he could kill someone using a different barrel and firing pin, and then put the original barrel and firing pin back on the weapon, and he could dispose of the barrel and firing pin that was actually used. Find the missing barrels and firing pins and you will find the murder weapon(s). I have an idea where he put the barrels and firing pins. Time for another tip.

I'm thinking they will find them in the Tx guard armory. And yes please, please tip what you know!

The longer I think about this case the more confused I become. Why on earth, would EW need to steal computer monitors anyway? They are almost obsolete by the time you get them home from the store with newer models being introduced all the time. I myself have given away a couple of older models when I purchased upgrades. Surely someone would have been willing to give him their older models. It just does not make any sense.

Of course I've always had a lot of sympathy for the Hasse & McLelland families, but the realtively trivial matter that started this disaster makes me feel even more sympathy for them. Such a sad waste of life over something so trivial.:banghead:

I think that a thief may start out with minor thefts and have good intentions for the use of what he stole. But this attitude is not a good character attribute for a lawyer and an officer. It is underlain with deception, clearly a major character flaw for a lawyer and an officer. I'm not altogether unsympathetic with Captain Queeg in his search for those stolen strawberries. My father was a crook. He embezzled money from the post office and from a school fund and he was convicted when I was young. It caused great despair within our family and we were forced to move out of our small town. But it was a great lesson for me and for my brothers and sisters. We learned not to trivialize theft.

I think that a thief may start out with minor thefts and have good intentions for the use of what he stole. But this attitude is not a good character attribute for a lawyer and an officer. It is underlain with deception, clearly a major character flaw for a lawyer and an officer. I'm not altogether unsympathetic with Captain Queeg in his search for those stolen strawberries. My father was a crook. He embezzled money from the post office and from a school fund and he was convicted when I was young. It caused great despair within our family and we were forced to move out of our small town. But it was a great lesson for me and for my brothers and sisters. We learned not to trivialize theft.

Good point Captain Joe. I'm sorry your family had to suffer because of your father's mistakes.

However, I still don't understand why Williams just didn't figure out some other way to make a living( seeing as how he was supposedly so smart) , learn from his mistakes, & move on with his life. It still just blows my mind. I guess it just all goes back to that major character flaw.

His other character defect was his narcissism. He couldn't admit that he was wrong and move on. He chose a self destructive approach and decided to take someone else with him.

His other character defect was his narcissism. He couldn't admit that he was wrong and move on. He chose a self destructive approach and decided to take someone else with him.

It's pretty scary to think that someone who looks as normal as EW is so diabolical. He looks more like the Pillsbury doughboy than a killer.

By the way, has anyone heard anything about the get-away car used in the Hasse murder?

I sent in the tip two days ago, and while coming home from work today (I'm retired, but I still need to work to buy medicine) I saw a whole bunch of sheriff deputy cruisers and fire dept vehicles along a lonely stretch of Malloy Bridge road near Seagoville where it crosses the Trinity River. They were looking for something under or by the bridge, maybe the four incriminating AR-15 uppers that EW was trying to get rid of. I gotta think that EW may have done three more murders if he was trying to ditch four uppers. My tip had to do with EW maybe ditching the uppers in the Trinity River.

Malloy Bridge road is a remote place (farm land and a gravel pit) where bodies are sometimes dumped. The cops should put a surveillance camera there.

I sent in the tip two days ago, and while coming home from work today (I'm retired, but I still need to work to buy medicine) I saw a whole bunch of sheriff deputy cruisers and fire dept vehicles along a lonely stretch of Malloy Bridge road near Seagoville where it crosses the Trinity River. They were looking for something under or by the bridge, maybe the four incriminating AR-15 uppers that EW was trying to get rid of. I gotta think that EW may have done three more murders if he was trying to ditch four uppers. My tip had to do with EW maybe ditching the uppers in the Trinity River.

You mean there are more unsolved murders in Kaufman Co?????????

Anyway, I'm glad you turned in the tip!

I worked the weekend Saturday of the McLelland murders and I drive that road frequently. I think that I saw the car (White Crown Vic) with a spotlight parked off that road about 1/2 mile from the bridge. I guess it's tip time again.

I saw other police activity on that road earlier this week. I saw a lot of what looked like police academy types near the intersection of Parson's Slough (a creek) and Malloy Bridge road, searching for something. I gotta think that maybe a surveillance camera at a gas station at the corner of Malloy Bridge road and Hwy 175 picked up the Crown Vic heading west on Malloy Bridge Road on Saturday, the day of the murder.

You mean there are more unsolved murders in Kaufman Co?????????

Anyway, I'm glad you turned in the tip!

Oddly enough, there are no other recent unsolved murders in Kaufman County. But EW had his fingers in several pies in Dallas and Fort Worth. I'm sure there are several unsolved murders there. This guy is easy to pizz off, and now we know how he resolves his disputes.

If only the Trinity River could talk there would be a lot of crimes solved. I live very near it & even though I'm in a densely populated area there are long stretches of the river that are overgrown with trees, shrubs, & vines. Would be a great place to hide anything if someone had the nerve to venture down toward the river. Bob cats, panthers, fox & even aligators have been known to come out from the river bottom & cross the highway.

Oddly enough, there are no other recent unsolved murders in Kaufman County. But EW had his fingers in several pies in Dallas and Fort Worth. I'm sure there are several unsolved murders there. This guy is easy to pizz off, and now we know how he resolves his disputes.

Yeah, I bet there are a lot of people who knew EW who are very thankful that they never made him angry. Do you know if he has living parents & siblings? I wonder if they even had a hint of what kind of person he is.

Please keep us updated on the latest information from Kaufman.

I saw other police activity on that road earlier this week. I saw a lot of what looked like police academy types near the intersection of Parson's Slough (a creek) and Malloy Bridge road, searching for something. I gotta think that maybe a surveillance camera at a gas station at the corner of Malloy Bridge road and Hwy 175 picked up the Crown Vic heading west on Malloy Bridge Road on Saturday, the day of the murder.

And Malloy Bridge Road is one dark deserted road at night. Wonder how much they dumped all along that road. Or even into that gator preserve on Beltline.

And it appears he sure didn't talk when his wife arrested. Didn't help her out at all. All about saving his own butt. Bet she feels pretty dumb right about now. (I think he looks more like your typical child predator type). Just sayin.....

The Police at the tipline showed some interest in my tip. They wanted a more exact location, which I gave them. I think the location I gave them is about the only location he could have ditched the uppers and revolver safely, without being seen.

Even more questions from the tip team. I believe they will search the location with metal detectors and magnets. I guess they haven't found the murder weapons yet. I hope they find it. I wonder if someone from the State Guard might have materially assisted EW in his crime. He did seek help from his former State Guard friends to rent a storage place under a false name, and he did ask how to ditch an upper. I wonder how much help he received from his friends. I personally know of some borderline mental types in the Guard, EW being one of them.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Getaway-Vehicle-in-Hasse-Murder-Found-Police-204716221.html

Getaway Vehicle in Hasse Murder Found: Police
By Frank Heinz and Randy McIlwain | Thursday, Apr 25, 2013 | Updated 1:24 PM CDT

Police said Williams was storing the Sable at the storage facility, but moved it into the parking lot when he hid the Crown Victoria inside the storage unit.

Believing the vehicle to be abandoned, the owner of the storage facility later had the Sable towed. The tow company then contacted the owner of the Sable, Armida Martinez, who said she sold the car in 2010 on Craigslist.

The FBI said their investigation revealed that on Jan. 27, 2013, Eric Williams searched a Texas license plate number that matched the Sable.

The FBI now has the Sable and is checking it for DNA and forensic evidence. The Sable, matches the description of the car, described as a Ford Taurus, seen leaving the scene of the Hasse murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing wonder
Back