GUILTY TX - Kaufman Co. prosecutors Hasse, McLelland & Mrs McLelland slain in revenge plot

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oops maybe he could have been involved in the first shooting of the Texas prosecutor. If there was a connection.

After serving his maximum prison term, Ebel was released from prison Jan. 28 on mandatory parole, "meaning that by law he could not be held any longer," prison officials said.

Jan 31, 2013 10:31 AM EST
KAUFMAN COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -
Multiple law enforcement agencies are still searching for the two people who they say shot and killed a Kaufman County prosecutor Thursday morning.

Just putting it out there, nothing concrete

Oops maybe he could have been involved in the first shooting of the Texas prosecutor. If there was a connection.

After serving his maximum prison term, Ebel was released from prison Jan. 28 on mandatory parole, "meaning that by law he could not be held any longer," prison officials said.

Jan 31, 2013 10:31 AM EST
KAUFMAN COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -
Multiple law enforcement agencies are still searching for the two people who they say shot and killed a Kaufman County prosecutor Thursday morning.

Just putting it out there, nothing concrete

Hi all! :wave:

FYI, I've started a separate thread for the District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife. I took the liberty of transferring many of the posts that were written today.

Here's a link to the other thread:

TX - Kauffman County - County District Attorney Mike McLelland, wife found slain - Page 3 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I do feel there MAY be some connection to the two shootings; however, until the motive and or possible connection is made, it's best to keep the two cases separate.

If you have any questions, please let me or another moderator know.

fran

From Mike McLelland's bio:

Mike served in various leadership and training positions throughout his Army career including Platoon Leader. Company Commander and Battalion Executive Officer. Training he was recommended for and completed, included Infantry Officer’s Advance Course and Army Command and General Staff College.

While on active duty with the Army, he received a Masters of Arts degree in Counseling Psychology from Ball State University, and was later employed as a Diagnostic Psychologist for both the Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation and Dallas County Mental Health and Mental Retardation.

While working as a psychologist, he attended Texas Wesleyan School of Law in Fort Worth, where he was very active and successful on the schools Moot Court and Mock Trial teams. He earned his Juris Doctorate in 1993. Mike has practiced law for eighteen years as a criminal defense attorney, mental health judge, and special prosecutor for Family and Protective Services. As Criminal District Attorney, he brings the skills and experiences he acquired as a soldier, psychologist, and attorney to help protect and serve the people of Kaufman County.

More at the link:

http://kaufmancountyda.com/meet.html

"Shell casings were recovered in the shootings of the McLellands, but not in the shooting of Mr. Hasse, indicating that his killer or killers had more experience, the official said."

That would probably indicate the use of a revolver in the Hasse shooting and an AR was reportedly used in the McLelland shooting. The weapon was never revealed in the Hasse case.

"Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland took no chances after one of his assistant prosecutors was assassinated two months ago. McLelland said he carried a gun everywhere he went and took extra care when answering the door at his home."

"I'm ahead of everybody else because, basically, I'm a soldier," the 23-year Army veteran boasted in an interview less than two weeks ago."

"McLelland, 63, said after Hasse's slaying that he carried a gun everywhere he went, even to walk his dog. He figured that was where assassins were more likely to try to get him. He said he had warned all his employees to be constantly on the alert."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/texas_himself_who_was_slain_armed_Gx5DOgbuzwIUZCY6Rhcb3K

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ty-DA-wife-shock-4398720.php?cmpid=houtexhcat

Bold killing of Kaufman County DA, wife shock Texas

...Officials also are exploring ties between the killings and the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas prison gang. The Texas Department of Public Safety reportedly warned officials the gang was planning retaliation following a Houston-based grand jury indicting 34 members and associates for alleged crimes committed around the state...

...No officials were specifically named, but there was supposedly some talk among the gang members about how the Internet could be used to find home addresses...

...Mike Vigil, retired chief of international operations for the Drug Enforcement Administration, said regardless who carried out the Kaufman County attacks, the link to Mexican drug cartels is clear.

"It really paints a portrait of individuals who are either affiliated with Mexican drug trafficking organizations - either directly or indirectly - or individuals who have learned (their) tactics," Vigil said..

More at link.

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2013/mar/31/supremacists-link-sough-after-prosecutor-wife/

KAUFMAN — Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland took no chances after one of his assistant prosecutors was gunned down two months ago. McLelland said he carried a gun everywhere he went and was extra careful when answering the door at his home.

“I’m ahead of everybody else because, basically, I’m a soldier,” the 23-year Army veteran said in an interview less than two weeks ago.

On Saturday, he and his wife were found shot to death in their rural home just outside the town of Forney, about 20 miles from Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy . I sure hope they figure this out before this person/s strikes again.

...Mike Vigil, retired chief of international operations for the Drug Enforcement Administration, said regardless who carried out the Kaufman County attacks, the link to Mexican drug cartels is clear.

"It really paints a portrait of individuals who are either affiliated with Mexican drug trafficking organizations - either directly or indirectly - or individuals who have learned (their) tactics," Vigil said..

More at link.
This is something that struck me immediately. As soon as I heard about this I knew there would be a tie to the Mexican drug cartels, they are pros at this - they kill cops, judges, prosecutors, and politicians by the dozen in Mexico. It was only a matter of time before they or some group they are allied with started the same routine here in the United States.

White Supremacist groups will work with anyone who will help them further their disgusting "agenda".

From the Dallas Morning News:

The shootings appeared to be premeditated, well-orchestrated and anything but a random burglary that went bad, several law enforcement officials said.

Cynthia McLelland’s body was found near the front door, and it appeared she had answered the door, the officials said. At least two officials said Mike McLelland’s body was found toward the rear of the house. He was dressed in pajamas.

But Oliver “Buck” Revell, a security consultant and former head of the Dallas FBI office, which includes Kaufman County, said he thinks a methamphetamine organization could be behind the violence.

The Aryan Brotherhood has been involved in lucrative methamphetamine manufacturing and distribution throughout Texas.

“It’s been known for quite some time that Kaufman County has a huge problem in the drug area and methamphetamine in particular,” said Revell, who acknowledged he is not involved in the current investigation. “This bears the marks of an organized criminal enterprise, and I think the bottom of it is going to be methamphetamine.”

More at the link:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ties-disgusted-by-killings-of-da-his-wife.ece

I tend to agree with Revell on this one.

Reuters:

The Dallas Morning News said the Texas Department of Public Safety had issued a statewide bulletin in December warning that authorities had received "credible information" the Aryan Brotherhood was "actively planning retaliation against law enforcement officials" who helped secure indictments in Houston against dozens of members, including the gang's leadership.

More recently, the Department of Public Safety had identified brutal Mexican drug cartels as threats to law enforcement officials in Texas.

"The Mexican cartels are the most significant organized crime threat to Texas, with six of the eight cartels having command and control networks operating in the state," the department said in a February report.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/01/us-texas-districtattorney-idUSBRE92U00S20130401

Security was especially tight at the Kaufman County Courthouse this morning, two days after the district attorney and his wife were slain in their home.

[County Judge Bruce] Wood said state law requires the governor to appoint McLelland’s replacement, and that process will begin today.

“It’s really important that we have a DA as soon as possible,” he said.

Wood would not provide any details about the investigation into the double slaying over the weekend, noting that he’s not involved in the investigation. But he said there’s no doubt in his mind that it’s connected to Hasse’s assassination.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ays-process-to-name-new-da-begins-today.html/

From the Dallas Morning News:

More at the link:

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ties-disgusted-by-killings-of-da-his-wife.ece

I tend to agree with Revell on this one.

(Sorry, can't do double quotes using Tapatalk. :( )

So, it sounds like Mrs. M. did answer the door afterall? (It was stated in article snippet that I can't quote.) Wonder what would have gotten her to do that when they were being so vigilant. Fake flower delivery? Fake UPS? Fake missionaries? Other wolf in sheep's clothing? Simple case of thinking a threat had passed once their guards left?

(Sorry, can't do double quotes using Tapatalk. :( )

So, it sounds like Mrs. M. did answer the door afterall? (It was stated in article snippet that I can't quote.) Wonder what would have gotten her to do that when they were being so vigilant. Fake flower delivery? Fake UPS? Fake missionaries? Other wolf in sheep's clothing? Simple case of thinking a threat had passed once their guards left?

I just saw this in a DMN report on March 30 (BBM):

A law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity described the scene at the McLellands’ home as an awful scene.

“There are shell casings everywhere,” the official said. “This is unprecedented. This is unbelievable. This is huge.”

There had been an early report that whoever had killed the McLellands had kicked in the door of the home, but later accounts indicated that was not the case.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/loca...kaufman-county-da-wife-found-dead-in-home.ece

Interesting report from WFAA via KHOU:

Investigators from the FBI and other local agencies began a widespread door-to-door questioning of residents Sunday afternoon, searching for any clues as to who is behind the brutal double murder.

"They were asking if I saw anything suspicious," said Mike Griffith.

Specifically, he said FBI agents asked about cell phone numbers. Another neighbor confirmed the same thing, saying agents were going to review local calls from the weekend to see if any seemed out of the ordinary.

Griffith said he heard gunshots early Saturday morning. His yard backs up to the crime scene.

"It was five or six shots, one right after the other," Griffith said, adding he didn't call 911, because it's not uncommon to hear gunfire in the more rural area of unincorporated Kaufman County.

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news...h-Texas-neighbors-of-killed-DA-200810961.html

Timeline via the NY Times:

Could Killings Be Connected?

With the shooting death of a Texas prosecutor on Saturday, less than two months after one of his assistants was killed, investigators say they cannot rule out a connection to white supremacist groups and another prominent murder. Here is a timeline of the events.

Timeline itself at the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/03/31/us/0331-timeline-of-prosecutor-killings.html

The NY Times timeline begins in July 2012 with this entry:

An Aryan Brotherhood “enforcer” is sentenced to life in prison for a shootout with a wayward member of the gang in Terrell, Tex. The office of Mike McLelland, the Kaufman County district attorney, prosecutes.

As far as I can determine, the reference is to this case:

Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland said James Patrick Crawford was found guilty of two counts of aggravated kidnapping, one count of aggravated assault, directing gang activities, possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, and engaging in organized criminal activity.

All charges stemmed from a gang-related shooting involving the Aryan Brotherhood of Texas that occurred on Aug. 1, 2011.

Assistance (sic) District Attorney Brandi Fernandez was the lead prosecutor on the case, assisted by ADA Shelton Gibbs.

The case was tried in the 86th District Court of Kaufman County with Judge Howard Tygrett presiding.

Crawford is the first gang member to be “charged, tried and convicted” in Kaufman County under a new portion of the Texas Penal Code — Directing Certain Criminal Street Gangs — passed in 2009, according to a press release issued by the district attorney’s office.

http://www.kaufmanherald.com/community/article_7730e798-e069-5a09-a5af-c63de6d0ed26.html

The date is not yet set, but Kaufman County Judge Bruce Wood said that the honor flag that flew in memory of slain assistant district attorney Mark Hasse will return to perform the same honors for District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife Cynthia.

Wood said Chris Heisler of The National Honor Network contacted him Sunday morning, asking permission to fly the honor flag for the McLellands.

"Certainly, permission granted," Wood said.

Wood said The National Honor Network will coordinate that same effort with the McLelland family.

He said funeral and other arrangements are still unsettled at this time.

More at the link:

http://www.kaufmanherald.com/news/article_3e399db2-9a41-11e2-a917-001a4bcf887a.html

With the fatal shooting of Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife Cynthia, Kaufman County Crimestoppers are finding their resources stretched thin.

They're asking for donations to increase a reward fund for information leading to the arrest of the killers of the McLellands.

Gamble said all those wishing to donate should call 469-595-5102.

Anyone with information on the murder of the McLellands, Mark Hasse, or any other felony crime can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-877-TIPSKCC (847-7522).

More at the link:

http://www.kaufmanherald.com/news/article_9d7d87bc-99af-11e2-b4e3-001a4bcf887a.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc
Back