GUILTY TX - Kaufman Co. prosecutors Hasse, McLelland & Mrs McLelland slain in revenge plot

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Friends Mourn Slain Kaufman Co. DA, Wife

Ratcliff said the McLellands were welcoming and hospitable, opening their home for a massive party every December.

She said both were very involved in county political clubs, adding Mike McLelland was also a member of the Lions Club and Cynthia McLelland, a psychiatric nurse at the Terrell State Hospital, spent much of her time with the Kaufman Quilt Guild.

However, what Ratcliff said was most apparent about the McLellands was their devotion to each other.

“Not just in front of each other, but apart from each other. You would never hear one of them say an ugly word about the other one.”

“They were just a wonderful couple and it was a pleasure to be around them – and I will miss them.”

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Friends-Mourn-Slain-Kaufman-Co-DA-Wife-200814441.html

(Sorry, can't do double quotes using Tapatalk. :( )

So, it sounds like Mrs. M. did answer the door afterall? (It was stated in article snippet that I can't quote.) Wonder what would have gotten her to do that when they were being so vigilant. Fake flower delivery? Fake UPS? Fake missionaries? Other wolf in sheep's clothing? Simple case of thinking a threat had passed once their guards left?

It's habit. If someone knocks on the door, most people don't think about it, they answer it.

Another thing most people don't think about. I wonder if perhaps they had left a key outside somewhere?

Hi tezi, I cant find info on Carlos Leon. How might he be related?

The press conference is here.

http://www.wfaa.com/video?id=139367478&sec=553117

*News conference moved back to 1 PM.

Carlos Leon was the pizza delivery guy who was killed two days before DOC Director Mr. Clements. Officially, they haven't been linked, but Ebel had a pizza delivery uniform in his car when he was killed in Texas.

JMO, IMO, :moo: , and all other disclaimers.

I realize this may not be a nice thing to even think about.. And regardless its 100 percent on the perp I know that but Do any of you think this guy brought this on himself by what he said in the press confrence after the first DA was Killed ?

What iam thinking is that it was planned the first one thats why they were no casings and anything left as evidence . I think thats how this has been planned but then after his press confrence where he said some things to call them out and scum they were just pissed off and sent some pure thugs in this so called gang to just go in and take em out .Dont get caught but dont worry about the casings or what have you just take em out. Of course that only exists if it really is a gang of white supremists... just some of my thought's

Slain Texas Prosecutor Replaced by His Female Deputy

http://abcnews.go.com/US/slain-texa...-female-deputy/story?id=18854593#.UVoPpinD9jo

A new acting district attorney, a woman, was appointed today in the Texas district where two prosecutors have been murdered in three months while police admit they have few clues to indicate who is behind the shooting deaths.

Brandi Fernandez, currently Kaufman County's chief assistant district attorney, was named acting D.A. to replace Mike McLelland who was shot to death at his home this weekend along his wife Cynthia.

Already, sheriffs deputies are providing security to the new district attorney. A black SUV and a police patrol car were parked outside her home, just blocks from the courthouse.

More at link......

Which is it? Some articles state that the door was kicked in and others state it appears the wife opened the door. I can't imagine the DA's wife opening the door after the assistant DA had recently been gunned down. Depending upon which psych unit she worked, I can see her opening the door for a psych patient for whom she had cared if he stated he was cold/hungry/injured.

AP IMPACT: Cartels dispatch agents deep inside US

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...org>&news_id=19410072&src=most_popular_viewed

CHICAGO (AP) — Mexican drug cartels whose operatives once rarely ventured beyond the U.S. border are dispatching some of their most trusted agents to live and work deep inside the United States — an emboldened presence that experts believe is meant to tighten their grip on the world's most lucrative narcotics market and maximize profits.

If left unchecked, authorities say, the cartels' move into the American interior could render the syndicates harder than ever to dislodge and pave the way for them to expand into other criminal enterprises such as prostitution, kidnapping-and-extortion rackets and money laundering.

Cartel activity in the U.S. is certainly not new. Starting in the 1990s, the ruthless syndicates became the nation's No. 1 supplier of illegal drugs, using unaffiliated middlemen to smuggle cocaine, marijuana and heroin beyond the border or even to grow pot here.

But a wide-ranging Associated Press review of federal court cases and government drug-enforcement data, plus interviews with many top law enforcement officials, indicate the groups have begun deploying agents from their inner circles to the U.S. Cartel operatives are suspected of running drug-distribution networks in at least nine non-border states, often in middle-class suburbs in the Midwest, South and Northeast.............

Much more in 5 page article...I'm thinking it's the Ayran groups in these prosecutor cases but the subject of cartels was brought up also....

It's habit. If someone knocks on the door, most people don't think about it, they answer it.

Another thing most people don't think about. I wonder if perhaps they had left a key outside somewhere?

Respectfully disagree. Almost everyone I know -- myself included -- will not open the door when someone knocks or rings the bell, unless we are expecting someone, and even then we look out the window and/or peephole first to make sure it's them. None of us have had anyone threatening to kill us, so I can only imagine we'd be that much worse about it if we did.

A search warrant released Monday afternoon revealed that family friends found the McLellands' bodies at 6:45 p.m. Saturday.

The document says shell casings were observed nearby. Both Mr. and Mrs. McLelland had been shot multiple times.

The search warrant said the last time anyone spoke with the district attorney or his wife was at 7:30 p.m. on March 29, one day before they were found dead.

More at the link:

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Kauf...-work-after-DAs-shooting-death-200865361.html

Link to the search warrant documents:

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/0401_kaufman_searchwarrant.pdf

Respectfully disagree. Almost everyone I know -- myself included -- will not open the door when someone knocks or rings the bell, unless we are expecting someone, and even then we look out the window and/or peephole first to make sure it's them. None of us have had anyone threatening to kill us, so I can only imagine we'd be that much worse about it if we did.

But some people do open the door. A lot of home invasions have happened when someone opened the door even if they didn't know the person. Seems unlikely that DA would open the door considering the assistant DA's murder, but maybe his wife wasn't as concerned as he was.

The McLelland's home wasn't isolated. Look at how close the neighbors' homes are in distance to their home. Someone really wanted to kill them to have kicked in their door knowing a neighbor could hear the noise.
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...ties-disgusted-by-killings-of-da-his-wife.ece

That is not that close. And it appears at least one neighbor heard shots but did nothing about it. So it appears even if there was noise neighbors weren't going to be all that concerned.

I believe the killings are in response to the indictment of 34 of the Aryan Brotherhood members who were rounded up in November 2012. I'll bet that someone arrested in Kaufman last year spilled on the ABT organization in return for a reduced sentence. Kaufman is a well known center for meth and other drugs. I think many of the ones indicted were from Houston.

Who's killing Texas prosecutors? Chilling mystery leaves county on edge

Kaufman, Texas (CNN) -- Kaufman County is on edge. Two prosecutors killed in two months, including the district attorney, gunned down in his home over the weekend.

What's going on? Is someone assassinating prosecutors?

As armed guards surround the Kaufman County Courthouse and police shrouded some public officials in around-the-clock protection, it seems there are as many questions as answers.

Several dozen FBI agents are now assisting the investigation, a bureau spokeswoman said.

full article and video at link ........... http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/01/justice/texas-da-killed/index.html

I believe the killings are in response to the indictment of 34 of the Aryan Brotherhood members who were rounded up in November 2012. I'll bet that someone arrested in Kaufman last year spilled on the ABT organization in return for a reduced sentence. Kaufman is a well known center for meth and other drugs. I think many of the ones indicted were from Houston.

The star informant in that case appears to be Terry Sillers although I don't know if he has a connection to Kaufman.

http://blog.chron.com/narcoconfiden...-aryan-brotherhood-general-from-his-own-gang/

Welcome to WS Captain Joe!

:wagon:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam