Found Deceased TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ICE has been a joke. Did you follow the Savopoulos murders? Darren Wint should not have been here either.

I didn't. But don't see how a person could be prosecuted and serve a 30 day jail sentence if he didn't have verifiable identification. Not sure how they verify legal status. So I'll defer to somone who may know how that works.

How was he able to make her vanish so quickly?

They are probably scared of him. I would bet he used the baby against her mother. Could have threatened to take her back to Mexico and there would be nothing that could have been done.

Never even thought of that possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was he able to make her vanish so quickly?

I bet it will come out that maybe the wife wasn't home and only related what she was told by him. Such a sad case. I'm still so angry and saddened.

I was thinking he may have used the baby against Kayla (don't scream or I'll kill the baby) or that it's possible the baby fell asleep quickly in the car and slept through the entire ordeal :(

Dang he really is scratched up. Way to go Kayla.....you left your mark. Good girl.

Especially now that it's 5 days later. He must have been a mess Tuesday evening...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Especially now that it's 5 days later. He must have been a mess Tuesday evening...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which makes me think he was on LE's radar from the start.

Which makes me think he was on LE's radar from the start.

Do we know if LE even spoke to him though? In the media reports we heard what he said happened from his wife, nothing came from him. He may have eluded LE whenever they wanted to speak to him. Laid low until his injuries healed a bit. Maybe they caught up with him yesterday. Just thinking out loud. I just don't understand how if LE had seen him with his face all a mess why they would not have investigated, as the last person to see her I think that would have been sufficient to get a search warrant for his home/property?

I think the wife possibly suspected him from the beginning, due to his violent temper with her in the past ---- I doubt he was "cured" after this 2014 incident:

Court records also show Gustavo Zavala-Garcia was sentenced to 30 days in Smith County Jail in 2014 on a Class A misdemeanor charge of assault causing bodily injury to a family member. He pleaded guilty to pushing, grabbing, striking and kicking his wife.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-Breaking/256199/relative-of-deceased-kayla-gomezorozco-in-custody

What would his wife have thought of those injuries??? How much in denial would you have to be, to see him looking like that all of a sudden when he's the last one to see a 10 year old girl alive who's now missing? And yet she boldly goes up to media and tells all about the last time he saw her and left her there in the lobby? That's not one injury, like he could have swung the car door into his face putting the baby seat in the car.

And now that they've got her remains, I'm sure fingernail scrapings will bolster the case against him.

I think the wife possibly suspected him from the beginning, due to his violent temper with her in the past ---- I doubt he was "cured" after this 2014 incident:

Court records also show Gustavo Zavala-Garcia was sentenced to 30 days in Smith County Jail in 2014 on a Class A misdemeanor charge of assault causing bodily injury to a family member. He pleaded guilty to pushing, grabbing, striking and kicking his wife.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-Breaking/256199/relative-of-deceased-kayla-gomezorozco-in-custody

He's actually got two charges, and two jailings, months apart for the same offense in 2014.

Do we know if LE even spoke to him though? In the media reports we heard what he said happened from his wife, nothing came from him. He may have eluded LE whenever they wanted to speak to him. Laid low until his injuries healed a bit. Maybe they caught up with him yesterday. Just thinking out loud. I just don't understand how if LE had seen him with his face all a mess why they would not have investigated, as the last person to see her I think that would have been sufficient to get a search warrant for his home/property?

I don't have a link that says LE spoke with him early on but IMO anyway it seems like if he tried to avoid them that alone would draw their suspicions. It's days later and we can still see scabs on his face anyway. And (again IMO) I think that LE interviewed everyone who was in church that night pronto, starting with immediate family. Especially any family members who have a criminal past. Who was the last person to see Kayla.

Hopefully we'll get more info as time goes on. LE not naming names today (and that went well, right? ;)) and getting search warrants even though they had the property owner's consent tells me they're trying to do everything by the book to protect the investigation but I hope they'll release at least some of the timeline and autopsy results.

What would his wife have thought of those injuries??? How much in denial would you have to be, to see him looking like that all of a sudden when he's the last one to see a 10 year old girl alive who's now missing? And yet she boldly goes up to media and tells all about the last time he saw her and left her there in the lobby? That's not one injury, like he could have swung the car door into his face putting the baby seat in the car.

Maybe his wife gave him those injuries when she finally put two and two together.

Has this fb been posted yet? Not much there.

https://www.facebook.com/gustavo.zavala.1656

It looks like the 2 year old discussed in the article is closer to 3 ... I know we don't sleuth family but to answer the "buckling" question, I think it's pretty sure it wasn't into an infant carrier.

Maybe his wife gave him those injuries when she finally put two and two together.

That's what I'm wondering. Those wounds look kind of fresh. His wife was heavily involved in looking for her. They even tagged her on Kayla's new RIP page on Facebook. So obviously there isn't any Ill will against the wife from the rest of the family.

Seems it's possible.

Although thinking it over, I can't imagine him taking that from her without giving her worse in return. So I'm on the fence. I just hate to think she tried to cover for him in any way. Sigh.

And now that they've got her remains, I'm sure fingernail scrapings will bolster the case against him.

Respectfully, I don't think she boldly went and informed the media. He beat her. She and the baby were probably deathly afraid of him. The child looks scared in the pictures where he is holding her. Sheriff stated clearly that solved thru investigation, not a public tip. This guy is scary! :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tillygirl