Found Deceased TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A $13,000 reward is offered by Cherokee County Crimestoppers for information leading to Kayla's recovery.*Call Crimestoppers at 903-586-7867 to provide tips.

Reward money is provided through several anonymous donors, said John Hawkins, the county’s Crimestopper’s president.

Donations to contribute to the reward chest can be made at any Austin Bank in the “Jacksonville Crimestoppers” account. Donors must make a note that the donation is for Kayla’s recovery.

All the tips there go to the Cherokee County Sheriff and forwarded to the FBI, Hawkins said."

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+L...o-for-information-on-kayla-gomezs-whereabouts

"As many as 100 law enforcement officers from across the country continued to search Thursday for Kayla Gomez-Orozco, the 10-year-old girl who went missing after a Tuesday night church service.

Cherokee County Sheriff James Campbell said Thursday morning there are boots on the ground searching for Kayla and other personnel were working every possible angle of the investigation. He estimated there are 75 to 100 law enforcement officials in Bullard, but*declined to comment directly on the investigation.

“We are working on all the leads and doing homework, interviewing people,” Campbell said. “There’s lots of agencies and people involved in this. It’s the largest operation that I’ve seen since I’ve been sheriff (for 22 years). Everyone is pulling together and working together well.”

Several locations were searched Tuesday night, and on Wednesday, search dogs from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice and a helicopter were brought in to help with the ground search. Those specialty units were not active on Thursday."

http://www.tylerpaper.com/TP-News+L...o-for-information-on-kayla-gomezs-whereabouts

I get the impression that the two year old was rither buckled up in her jacket or in an umbrella stroller, but i am not feeling that he had anything malicious to do with it. If people are asked to be vigilant, it makes me think someone random is out there... Which breaks my heart. Pobresita, she looks like such a sweet, well-educated, well cared for little girl. :(

The way I understand it is the family was attending service, the kids were playing in the lobby area.
The cousin left with his child and saw Kayla, spoke to her.
The family came out within minutes and she was no longer there.
Within five minutes of leaving the church and arriving home, the family called the cousin to ask if Kayla had left with him

My impression (JMO) is that the family was aware of the cousins presence and departure time as they called him to see if their child left with him

Thanks, that is contradicting information, hmmm.

It may be contradicting.
But maybe kayla did attend service and was in the lobby before her parents arrived and that is when the cousin, who left first, saw her

I would bet money that the restaurant was robbed by her abductor, and that he abductor is not a local. I would guess a man in his 30s or 40s. Either a transient immigrant or someone from the fair. They robbed the restaurant because they needed food and money and didn't want their cards to be tracked, if they even have any. They also didn't know of another place isolated enough to quickly grab money, so they went to the only area they know that's relatively isolated.

Due to the nature of their background (either a carnival worker, so has a better chance of having an iffy background than the average joe, or transient immigrant) their going missing would not be considered alarming or even noticed. Likely doesn't have a family.

Perhaps he was at the restaurant and returning to his car when he noticed activity at the church and saw kids in the lobby through a window and waited for an opportunity. It was dark out so it would be easy to see in a window with lights on and no window coverings.

This is what I think is likely, anyway.

I think the robbery had to have been out of desperation. Who else in their right mind would go to an area that had so much law enforcement?

Someone earlier in this thread mentioned looking at maintenance men, janitors, etc. who may have been in the building at the time. If you look at the sex offender list for the area, there is one on there who is wearing that type of uniform in his photo. I can't make out the company though.

Is it? I get the impression that she was there with the baby, the baby and uncle left (the mother was talking to others if i understand correctly) once the uncle left five or ten minutes later she wasnt there. I think it was stated they thought she was in the bathroom but when she didnt return they began to get worried. Just my interpretation of the events as stated. 5-10 minutes in which someone may have taken advantage of her being alone, waiting for the others. And often, though i dont know if it is the case here, church doors are open, especially when a service or group is finishing up.

I think the robbery had to have been out of desperation. Who else in their right mind would go to an area that had so much law enforcement?

Exactly what I am thinking. This could be a good sign? Wanting to get supplies for him and for Kayla. I'm hoping so anyway...

In any case, it would mean that the abductor is (or was then) in the area. Is there surveilliance footage at the restaurant?

If she was abducted, (and I believe she was) I think it had to be someone she knew, at least well enough not to be afraid of
It seems she has a very loving family and was probably well taught about safety and going off with strangers. She might be timid as someone said she was afraid of the dark. JMO
And she must have left quickly and quietly as i have heard nothing about anyone hearing anything

Is it? I get the impression that she was there with the baby, the baby and uncle left (the mother was talking to others if i understand correctly) once the uncle left five or ten minutes later she wasnt there. I think it was stated they thought she was in the bathroom but when she didnt return they began to get worried. Just my interpretation of the events as stated. 5-10 minutes in which someone may have taken advantage of her being alone, waiting for the others. And often, though i dont know if it is the case here, church doors are open, especially when a service or group is finishing up.

The news stories have varied, which in my opinion, is normal for cases in the early development. Also IMO, the Uncle had nothing to do with Kayla's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966