GUILTY TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just watched the court video, and the transporting video, and I don't see any scratches, so I'm a little confused. Could the shot with the scratches be from the domestic arrest, and they're from his wife fighting him off? I wonder how we could find out.

That was what HE said happened. The witness saw Kayla leave with Gustavo and his daughter, Gustavo told LE she went back into the lobby as she was afraid of the dark. He lied

So that was the perp's testimony ? I don't remember reading it that way, and kept thinking how it made no sense. But then that's after only getting 1 1/2 sleep last night, lol. Thanks, skibaboo.

I found this the day it was put on Tyler paper & knew immediately he was lying because the entire interview made no sense. I tried posting it on here along with the mugshot of Gustavo back in 2014 but it got deleted by admin. I'm a new member and still trying to learn the rules. So weird that interview was ONLY published through the Tyler Paper. Never saw it on any news station or any other website. I did contact FBI tip line on Saturday afternoon because I had also discovered the two Facebook accounts he had while I was clicking through pictures of his wife. She had tagged him on a random picture a few years ago, but I found it very very odd that she wasn't friends with either of his accounts. After debating if I should or not, I finally called around 3:45 on Saturday, and they seemed very interested in what I had to say. I honestly thought they weren't going to think my info was very valuable, but they did and asked me lots of follow up questions about the his Facebook. Just wish we knew what initiated them to FINALLY search Gustavo's property. I would have thought that would have even done before Saturday. Tyler Sheriff has repeatedly said it was only good law enforcement that caused them to search the property & find Kayla , there was no phone call. He said that multiple times it his interview. My heart had been broken since I first found out about this case. I wish there had been a different outcome, but now we can only hope that the heartless man who did this gets what he deserves!

It is the mugshot from when they picked him up on Sunday after they found the body for an immigration hold. The court appearance was several days after that. The scratches in the Sunday photo would have been 4 days old. In the court appearance they would be about 7 days. He has had multiple arrests and their are several mugshots. One that was originally published in the paper was, I believe, when he was arrested for assaulting his wife in 2014. Notice that his hair is very short in those mugshots. In his Facebook profile around 2013 and 2014 he was wearing his hair very short. Notice that in the court appearance his hair is longer and is the same style as is the mugshot with the scratches.

Here is a picture from his Facebook about 2013 or 2014 (creepy photo) and one of the mugshots. He has the same short, cropped haircut.

Gustavos Garcia 4.JPG

Gustavo 5.JPG

Mugshot from Sunday (with scratches) and the court appearance.

Gustavo Garcia 4.JPG
Gustavo 6.JPG

I agree with you that they should immediately have taken him in because they knew he was illegal. What chaps my hide is that in 2014 when he beat up his wife, ICE but a hold on him, and he was out on bond before the day was over. That deportation case, after two years, still had not come up yet. Scary to think that he was released that afternoon to possibly go back and injured or kill the wife (in 2014).

My hunch is that they may have known that Kayla was dead on Tuesday night. Believe they interviewed them then and and with those scratches I would think they would have known. Perhaps they were acting as they believed him to find where her body was. So many missing persons are never recovered in East Texas due to the brush and remote areas. I did a Google street view of where he lived and no near neighbors.

When this goes to court, I bet there will be lots of information that we didn't hear about. I also bet there are other victims of this creep. From his FB before marrying Kayla's cousin, looks like he might have farmed. Some pictures are maybe Colorado. If he was a migrant worker, he could have drifted and victims could be hard to find, but if the truth comes out...I bet they are out there.

The biggest screw-up, in my opinion, was dragging his deportation out for over 2 years.

I found this the day it was put on Tyler paper & knew immediately he was lying because the entire interview made no sense. I tried posting it on here along with the mugshot of Gustavo back in 2014 but it got deleted by admin. I'm a new member and still trying to learn the rules. So weird that interview was ONLY published through the Tyler Paper. Never saw it on any news station or any other website. I did contact FBI tip line on Saturday afternoon because I had also discovered the two Facebook accounts he had while I was clicking through pictures of his wife. She had tagged him on a random picture a few years ago, but I found it very very odd that she wasn't friends with either of his accounts. After debating if I should or not, I finally called around 3:45 on Saturday, and they seemed very interested in what I had to say. I honestly thought they weren't going to think my info was very valuable, but they did and asked me lots of follow up questions about the his Facebook. Just wish we knew what initiated them to FINALLY search Gustavo's property. I would have thought that would have even done before Saturday. Tyler Sheriff has repeatedly said it was only good law enforcement that caused them to search the property & find Kayla , there was no phone call. He said that multiple times it his interview. My heart had been broken since I first found out about this case. I wish there had been a different outcome, but now we can only hope that the heartless man who did this gets what he deserves!

Thank you for calling! You did all you could do. I'm surprised it took them so long to arrest Gustavo and my heart is broke that it took too long to find Kayla. She was thrown into the well alive IMO 30 minutes after being taken to Gustavo's home. He got home and someone had already called questioning if Kayla was with him. I believe that time was quoted as 5 minutes. Shaking my d@mn head...

The fact is:

•Acting quickly is critical. Seventy-four percent of abducted children who are ultimately murdered are dead within three hours of the abduction.

http://www.parents.com/kids/safety/stranger-safety/child-abduction-facts/

I agree with you that they should immediately have taken him in because they knew he was illegal. What chaps my hide is that in 2014 when he beat up his wife, ICE but a hold on him, and he was out on bond before the day was over. That deportation case, after two years, still had not come up yet. Scary to think that he was released that afternoon to possibly go back and injured or kill the wife (in 2014).

My hunch is that they may have known that Kayla was dead on Tuesday night. Believe they interviewed them then and and with those scratches I would think they would have known. Perhaps they were acting as they believed him to find where her body was. So many missing persons are never recovered in East Texas due to the brush and remote areas. I did a Google street view of where he lived and no near neighbors.

When this goes to court, I bet there will be lots of information that we didn't hear about. I also bet there are other victims of this creep. From his FB before marrying Kayla's cousin, looks like he might have farmed. Some pictures are maybe Colorado. If he was a migrant worker, he could have drifted and victims could be hard to find, but if the truth comes out...I bet they are out there.

The biggest screw-up, in my opinion, was dragging his deportation out for over 2 years.

Thank you! One of the best posts I have read here at WebSleuths ever. I wondered about the Colorado connection too. I guess GZ would be classified as a family kidnapping. I hate that Kayla called this man uncle. She probably did call her cousin aunt since she was older and aunt or "Tia" was out of respect for her cousin. Just my opinion.

•Based on the identity of the perpetrator, there are three distinct types of kidnapping: kidnapping by a relative of the victim or "family kidnapping" (49 percent), kidnapping by an acquaintance of the victim or "acquaintance kidnapping" (27 percent), and kidnapping by a stranger to the victim or "stranger kidnapping" (24 percent).

http://www.parents.com/kids/safety/stranger-safety/child-abduction-facts/

:sigh:

I believe he was POI from the beginning and they only said he wasn't to the public. I also contacted them. I live locally and rumor around town was he was responsible. I feel it took that long gathering enough probable cause and paperwork.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I believe he was POI from the beginning and they only said he wasn't to the public. I also contacted them. I live locally and rumor around town was he was responsible. I feel it took that long gathering enough probable cause and paperwork.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thank you so much! I wish the minute Kayla was noticed to be missing the church members would have driven to Gustavo's house. Hindsight being 20/20, yeah there's that. It's never bad to doubt the person last seen with someone missing... It is only logical. :moo: :cow:

Okay. It bothered me in Thread #1, but I scrolled and rolled. Now, it's time to do some hair splitting:

The Red Cadillac SRX - Skibabs posted an image of the vehicle, parked in a snow-covered area (get it -- snow -- 4WD -- SUV -- very clever those ads!) with "Image Source" at the lower left-hand corner of the image. You can actually click on "Image Source" and see that it is IN FACT a stock image of a Cadillac SRX.

The Google Maps street view image (from June -- with NO SNOW) of the Church parking lot with vehicles parked in the lot - Skibabs also posted an image from Google Maps street view of the Church parking lot of the very church from which Kayla was abducted. Coincidentally, the Google Maps image shows a red SUV (and 2 other vehicles also parked in the parking lot). Those of us "in the know" -- certainly, SKIBABS -- know that that IS NOT the Red Cadillac SRX SUV. One astute 'sleuth went so far as to suggest that it was in fact a Chevy Equinox.

I know that Skibabs has been kicking herself black and blue for the huge mistake she made in posting both images simultaneously in one single "post", in an effort to save space on the thread; sadly, she was rewarded by creating mass confusion among her fellow Websleuths. Poor Skibabs deserves better.:loveyou:

That's It!

Well, thanks for that lol <3

I didn't know I had caused so much confusion though, my sincere apologies. I posted the streetview image and a stock image from google of the vehicle in the AA, to question if it was the same model. I don't know american cars and just saw a red SUV, I wouldn't know a cadillac from a chevy if one ran over my foot :p

I'll be more cautious in the future

Skibaboo, you have nothing to apologize for my friend! The vehicle was a moot point IMO!

It's weird, because as he sat in the court room, there weren't any kind of scratches visible. Would they heal that fast?

It's weird, because as he sat in the court room, there weren't any kind of scratches visible. Would they heal that fast?

Possibly. Do we have a nurse or medical person who could give us an opinion? I thought the scratches were mostly superficial from the booking photo. Wish Kayla could have gouged his eyes out.

I hope it does not offend anyone here. But I look at the girl in Florida, still missing... and now THIS..I have a problem with illegal immigration big time.
I am sorry if that offends anyone. THIS could have been prevented. MOO

I think there is a time and place for a discussion on illegal immigration. But I don't know if little Kayla's thread is the suitable place for a debate. It would just end in arguments and detract from Kayla.

with that kind of logic, it would seem much more practical to get harder on men, as a lot of these kinds of crimes are committed by men- and that doesn't make sense, does it? the problem has nothing to do with immigration status. it has to do with adults abusing, hurting children and thinking that they have a right to and that they can get away with it. if you spend your time (anyone spends their time, i mean) talking about immigration status or whatnot, you lose time focusing on the most important part of this (of which, anyway the majority of accused are NOT immigrants, legal or otherwise) which is getting justice for those poor children who are victims and working like heck to protect kids from being another victim...

It's not all about just men though, yes, we have more than our fair share of criminals and predators that are here as citizens of the U.S. And let's not forget all criminals are not men, just think, Jodi Arias ? The problem is, that we certainly don't need more criminals and predators who find it so easily to get over here illegally. They have no right to be here, no question about it. Meaning, I guess I don't understand your point. If this particular illegal immigrant who was a known violent offender hadn't been here, Kayla would still be alive today. Am I wrong? JMO

I so totally agree. Why had he not already been deported ? Political correctness? :banghead: I am more than angered about this, this little innocent girl's life was taken by this monster. There's no excuse, it should never have happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back