GUILTY TX - Kayla Gomez-Orozco, 10, Bullard, 1 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for calling! You did all you could do. I'm surprised it took them so long to arrest Gustavo and my heart is broke that it took too long to find Kayla. She was thrown into the well alive IMO 30 minutes after being taken to Gustavo's home. He got home and someone had already called questioning if Kayla was with him. I believe that time was quoted as 5 minutes. Shaking my d@mn head...

The fact is:

•Acting quickly is critical. Seventy-four percent of abducted children who are ultimately murdered are dead within three hours of the abduction.

http://www.parents.com/kids/safety/stranger-safety/child-abduction-facts/

Thank you for posting this. Like you, as soon as they released some names, I started checking Facebook profiles. Like you, I came across the photo where she was pregnant and had "Gustavo Garcia" tagged. All the papers were calling him Zavala which was his wife's name, and that made me wonder if they had the correct legal name. I considered calling in with this information, but figured they already knew it. I'm glad you called. In retrospect, I guess it makes sense that they would be physically investigating. Next time, I will not assume that they are combing every post. That may be one way, as Websleuthers, that we can be of true benefit by sifting through all the comments that might be relevant to the case from news articles and Facebook postings. So glad that YOU did call!!

I think there is a time and place for a discussion on illegal immigration. But I don't know if little Kayla's thread is the suitable place for a debate. It would just end in arguments and detract from Kayla.

It was sad that everyone was so united on finding Kayla, but once the fact that he was an illegal immigrant, all of the comments in the stories became an ugly war with people calling each other stupid. However, there are some special problems with illegal immigration that are relevant to Kayla's case. First, because they are in violation of the law, they don't broadcast their presence, and can be almost invisible. Tracking their associates and past history is very hard. If they flee, it is harder to determine who they may have run to or where they may have gone. Not knowing history also makes it hard to link other potential victims to them. So many records that would exist for a citizen, would not exist for them. There is the additional complication that he might be in this country because he committed similar crimes in his home country.

Okay. It bothered me in Thread #1, but I scrolled and rolled. Now, it's time to do some hair splitting:

The Red Cadillac SRX - Skibabs posted an image of the vehicle, parked in a snow-covered area (get it -- snow -- 4WD -- SUV -- very clever those ads!) with "Image Source" at the lower left-hand corner of the image. You can actually click on "Image Source" and see that it is IN FACT a stock image of a Cadillac SRX.

The Google Maps street view image (from June -- with NO SNOW) of the Church parking lot with vehicles parked in the lot - Skibabs also posted an image from Google Maps street view of the Church parking lot of the very church from which Kayla was abducted. Coincidentally, the Google Maps image shows a red SUV (and 2 other vehicles also parked in the parking lot). Those of us "in the know" -- certainly, SKIBABS -- know that that IS NOT the Red Cadillac SRX SUV. One astute 'sleuth went so far as to suggest that it was in fact a Chevy Equinox.

I know that Skibabs has been kicking herself black and blue for the huge mistake she made in posting both images simultaneously in one single "post", in an effort to save space on the thread; sadly, she was rewarded by creating mass confusion among her fellow Websleuths. Poor Skibabs deserves better.:loveyou:

That's It!
<modsnip> I, for one, appreciate all the time and effort Skibs puts into her research and look forward to seeing what she gives us next. <modsnip>

<modsnip> I, for one, appreciate all the time and effort Skibs puts into her research and look forward to seeing what she gives us next. <modsnip>

No kidding!! Thanks for all you do Skibs!!

Thank you for calling! You did all you could do. I'm surprised it took them so long to arrest Gustavo and my heart is broke that it took too long to find Kayla. She was thrown into the well alive IMO 30 minutes after being taken to Gustavo's home. He got home and someone had already called questioning if Kayla was with him. I believe that time was quoted as 5 minutes. Shaking my d@mn head...

The fact is:

•Acting quickly is critical. Seventy-four percent of abducted children who are ultimately murdered are dead within three hours of the abduction.

http://www.parents.com/kids/safety/stranger-safety/child-abduction-facts/

I would like to know when LE first questioned him. He was the last one to see Kayla.

I appreciate all the kind words, but it's all good. I don't think I made a huge mistake and I'm not kicking myself. I don't want to derail the thread, it is about Kayla, it isn't about me. Confusion happens.

Love you all x

:loveyou:

Here is an article that gives more information about the timeline.

http://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com...cle_58793002-a87f-11e6-b6dc-e7e25b6fdea2.html

What is really interesting is that it mentioned him texting his boss to see if he could use the truck to search for the child. He and his wife are then on surveillance tape between 8:12 and 8:15 at a convenience store in the company truck. So little Kayla would have been put in the well before that time. The abduction and the placing of her in the well all took place in about 30 minutes or less.

So after he killed her....he went to the gas station with his wife? Weird. (And I still want to know where the 3 year old was when he killed Kayla.)

[FONT=&quot]However, footage from a local convenience store surveillance camera shows Zavala-Garcia and his wife on Nov. 1 at the gas pump in one of the company trucks and places them inside the store between 8:12 p.m. and 8:18 p.m., the affidavit noted.[/FONT]

So after he killed her....he went to the gas station with his wife? Weird. (And I still want to know where the 3 year old was when he killed Kayla.)

[FONT=&amp]However, footage from a local convenience store surveillance camera shows Zavala-Garcia and his wife on Nov. 1 at the gas pump in one of the company trucks and places them inside the store between 8:12 p.m. and 8:18 p.m., the affidavit noted.[/FONT]

Alibi?

Our girl cannot slip to page 2. Bump!!!

Here is an article that gives more information about the timeline.

http://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com...cle_58793002-a87f-11e6-b6dc-e7e25b6fdea2.html

What is really interesting is that it mentioned him texting his boss to see if he could use the truck to search for the child. He and his wife are then on surveillance tape between 8:12 and 8:15 at a convenience store in the company truck. So little Kayla would have been put in the well before that time. The abduction and the placing of her in the well all took place in about 30 minutes or less.

Yeah, I think about that too. I know an experienced criminal has some different ways of thinking maybe divert attention from his own vehicle, maybe she was still in the vehicle or he hadn't checked it real well to know if his wife might find something. There is no telling. I wouldn't give him credit to being good at anything because I don't think he's that sharp, I just think he is rotten to the core and get's into a bit of trouble and who know's what the motive really was. Maybe the trial will give some peace.

Welcome Greystone - thànks for the SW link......this made me so sad to read:

" the property where Kayla was found, a team recovered her body along with two black shoes with sequins and a necklace with a heart pendant."

I'm confused. The article states at least 4 vehicles were searched in connection to the case.

1. Black Chevrolet crew cab (owned by Zavala-Garcia)
2. Red and tan Ford 350.
3. White Ford 350 (owned by employer - Zavala Pools Construction).
4. ?

Why so many vehicles in 17 minutes?

I think there is a time and place for a discussion on illegal immigration. But I don't know if little Kayla's thread is the suitable place for a debate. It would just end in arguments and detract from Kayla.

My apologies, I certainly did not mean to try to steer things in that direction at all. My heart goes out to this poor girl and those who love her. I certainly never meant to steer anyone off topic.
Having said this, I do not appreciate being called out in this fashion. I think a private message would have been nicer and I could have responded accordingly. We are adults in an adult discussion.

Ugh, warrant details make me sad.

Her blood or his blood or both?

17 minutes just doesn't seem like that much time to do the vehicle swapping (not to mention moving Kayla and possibly his own child each time!) and hiding Kayla in the well. Is it possible she was injured at the church or something happened at the church to cause the need to hide/kill her? The search warrant details make me think she wasn't found clothed...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back