Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I never throw random trash (even a napkin) into an opened dumpster. They will now have to analyze every piece of trash item found around her in a certain radius, check for fingerprints etc. And narrow down to hopefully find the right person.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
There should be discarded mail in the trash found near her. The addresses on that mail should narrow down the trash company that picked it up and from that where and when that specific trash would have been loaded to the truck. Most trucks are GPS tracked and they have routine pickup routes for each truck. Both of those are done for efficiency of routing, volume of garbage per run vs truck capacity, etc. They also GPS track the trucks to make sure that crews are not free-lancing on someone else's dime by picking up trash off the books.

Much depends on how much pushing around of the garbage occurred and how that was done. From satellite views of that landfill you can see how the garbage is dropped before it is spread. The landfill knows what trucks arrived and when and the order in which they dropped the trash they were hauling. Modern landfills are organized in where in the landfill they are placing trash. It doesn't mean it is a simple matter to identifying the truck her body was in but I think they will ultimately be able to determine all of that.

If LE manages to discover the truck and its route, they will then know the earliest possible time and the latest possible time that she was placed in a dumpster. Then they can then look to surveillance cameras in the area where the pickups on the route were located. Diligent detective work and a little luck (if necessary) should pay off here.

I'm sure they know cod, just like they knew it was her body, but said it wasn't related to her case. I fully understand their need to maintain the integrity of their investigation. But why even bother to have have press conferences if it means they have to lie and basically say nothing more than we already know?

Maybe some of the things they said make sense to the perp. Maybe this presser was to send a message that only he would understand. jmo

In situations of a missing child(ren) I err on the side LE. More often then not, they are desperate to bring justice and heartbroken it happened in their community. I don't know how to feel about the presser. It was a lot of justifying their actions (or inaction.) A lot of talk about the parents. I realize they have to address the community chatter and questions and don't fault them for it. But...it was not very...pressing? No urgency, no passion for Kaytlynn. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel really strange about the whole thing.

OK so was she walking the puppy or going to play with a friend or taking the puppy to play with a friend??? I'm confused.

It's entirely possible this poor girl never arrived at that landfill in a dumpster. While the officer speaking at the presser did say she was found in the area that is used by the trash service providers (not the public access area) the thought occurred to me that whoever put that girl there almost certainly wasn't someone who would stop and ask themselves if it would be okay to dump a body in an area the general public isn't supposed to be in.

This is just a thought, but given how she got to the landfill, they may have to figure out what injuries are pre and post mortem. Which would explain not knowing for sure how she died. Today is garbage pick up day here and periodically the truck will stop and move the contents around. I don 't even want to think what that would do to body. But with that being said, someone had to have put her there.

Gruesome thought but makes sense.

It's entirely possible this poor girl never arrived at that landfill in a dumpster. While the officer speaking at the presser did say she was found in the area that is used by the trash service providers (not the public access area) the thought occurred to me that whoever put that girl there almost certainly wasn't someone who would stop and ask themselves if it would be okay to dump a body in an area the general public isn't supposed to be in.

The question is, is the area where the trash service providers dump their garbage accessible to the public or do you need a permit or pass a booth or something?

Good point. That landfill looks pretty open. Ours here are not available all times of the day and night. You have to pass through a security station to get in and out.

Bedford police chief Jeff Gibson said in a press conference Friday morning that there are no suspects or persons of interest, but that police do not have any information to indicate that there is a threat to the public.

Addressing concerns that the department did not issue an Amber Alert, Gibson said he reviewed every action taken by police and determined that officers "performed exceptionally" and there was nothing more they could have done under the circumstances.
"The simple answer is, there's specific criteria that law enforcement personnel have to follow in terms of initiating an Amber Alert," amd this case, he said, did not meet those criteria since they did not have any evidence that she was abducted or in danger.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/arl...gton-landfill-employee-discovers-body-working

Kaytlynn's body may have damage from the equipment at the landfill, so what was caused by that versus what was caused nefariously may not be evident. Also, I found it curious he made a point to let the public know her parents did not know where this friend lived. I am not sure what to make of that yet.

Yes....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In situations of a missing child(ren) I err on the side LE. More often then not, they are desperate to bring justice and heartbroken it happened in their community. I don't know how to feel about the presser. It was a lot of justifying their actions (or inaction.) A lot of talk about the parents. I realize they have to address the community chatter and questions and don't fault them for it. But...it was not very...pressing? No urgency, no passion for Kaytlynn. I don't know how to explain it, but I feel really strange about the whole thing.

I got the impression they really wanted the general public to understand protocol, procedure and the criteria needed for what all goes into an investigation like this - including - whether or not to issue an Amber Alert. If you read some of the comments on their FB page, there are some genuinely ignorant people (and I don't mean that in the pejorative way, just truly unlearned) and from that ignorance saying some pretty harsh things.

Someone posted earlier that it was not easily accessible, but I can't recall what they were basing that on. I also remember something about cameras at the landfill. Am I remembering that correctly? Plus didn't one of the articles flat out say that she arrived in a "hauler"?

He didn't really answer the question about obvious signs of trauma. He said he was leaving that up to the medical examiner. Maybe he didn't see the body with his own eyes, but I'm sure he saw photos and read the reports. So that is curious.

I think they know way more and that is why they are saying no threat to public. I cant see them saying those things together. Maybe my wishful thinking since I'm 15 minutes from Bedford.

Certain trauma from homicide would be obvious. Injuries inflicted post-mortem (by garbage truck, etc) would never fairly easy to determined by a ME. I think they know, they just aren't saying yet. Poor girl.

Trying a drug with someone maybe? This would explain the friends' conflicting stories and her thinking she would be right back. Something went wrong - panic - and she was dumped somewhere. =(

I think they know way more and that is why they are saying no threat to public. I cant see them saying those things together. Maybe my wishful thinking since I'm 15 minutes from Bedford.

we thought that in the Abbey and Libby case but there is no suspect in that case either. So, that suspect is on the loose to do it again.

It seems like whatever happened to her happened fairly quickly. If she was seen an hour before she was reported missing, I just don't know if there would be time for an overdose and panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry