Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this all very confusing
Friends saw her and her dog. She asked a friend to watch the dog .
So she was planning on doing something, meeting someone perhaps.
Did she mention to her friends how long they were to watch the dog?
Where did she go? It was daylight. nobody saw anything?

And how did she end up where she did with no signs of trauma, waiting 90 days for toxicology for definitive COD?

ETA- I find it a bit confusing myself. Bless her family.

I agree.

[video=twitter;878354954238521344]https://twitter.com/BrandonToddFOX4/status/878354954238521344[/video]

I don't understamd why she didn't just return home with the dog and then leave.

Sometimes I think the urgency of LE mirrors the urgency of the family. In many cases it doesn't.

It could be very plausible that she went missing and her parents did not jump to conclusions of abduction / murder. Sometimes thinking those things right off the bat just isn't logical or realistic to people. Her parents were probably concerned and thought the circumstances were odd and called the cops because they were naturally worried.

It's plausible they simply thought she was most likely being an impulsive teenager and maybe left and got held up too long and then realized she would probably be in trouble so was avoiding coming home. Maybe it wasn't out of the norm for her to walk off unannounced and usually were able to find her within an hour but couldn't this time just assuming she's somewhere they haven't checked or didn't know where to check so they called the cops.

Or maybe she'd been recently grounded so they figured she went to a friends or something.

So many possibilities but I believe they were generally worried about her so they called the cops after trying to find her first but were not overwhelming alarmed for whatever reason. IF the friends were also not alarmed either, I think LE assumed she ran away and was likely not in danger.

Although, I hate the "runaway" label with a deep passion and wish no one would be labeled as a "runaway" even if there's evidence to suggest they left "willingly". A missing kid is a missing kid, regardless if they left on their own... they need to be found with the same urgency.

that video the officer said "sensless crime " clearly.
that makes me think crime of opportunity (but maybe not

here' s the thing , you do NOT tie your dog to a fence and go elsewhere for more than a few min 2 a the most , there's all kinds of bad things that could happen, heat , thieves, cars, etc. to me that is the most suspicious thing I don't care if she was by the dog park Girls just don't normally leave their dog, has it been mentioned how she felt about said dog on SM?

This is huge for me as well. Plus, some have quoted it was a puppy (no links). If, as others have surmised, the dog walk was her reason for getting out of the house for a meet up, she still did not expect IMO to be gone for very long at all.
Now, as far as her mother becoming worried within 30 minutes of her not returning, and calling LE at 8 pm. - it has crossed my mind that Kaytlynn was possibly being kept on a short leash herself. Maybe she was grounded for prior behavior or breaking her curfews-I'm just thinking her mother may have known about or been aware of a danger that Kaytlynn faced in the neighborhood or with an outside aquaintence. There is definitely a reason the mother was seriously alarmed by her leaving the puppy tied up and failing to come home. This behavior was very likely "out of character", especially for this particular evening.

jmo

Sometimes I think the urgency of LE mirrors the urgency of the family. In many cases it doesn't.

It could be very plausible that she went missing and her parents did not jump to conclusions of abduction / murder. Sometimes thinking those things right off the bat just isn't logical or realistic to people. Her parents were probably concerned and thought the circumstances were odd and called the cops because they were naturally worried.

It's plausible they simply thought she was most likely being an impulsive teenager and maybe left and got held up too long and then realized she would probably be in trouble so was avoiding coming home. Maybe it wasn't out of the norm for her to walk off unannounced and usually were able to find her within an hour but couldn't this time just assuming she's somewhere they haven't checked or didn't know where to check so they called the cops.

Or maybe she'd been recently grounded so they figured she went to a friends or something.

So many possibilities but I believe they were generally worried about her so they called the cops after trying to find her first but were not overwhelming alarmed for whatever reason. IF the friends were also not alarmed either, I think LE assumed she ran away and was likely not in danger.

Although, I hate the "runaway" label with a deep passion and wish no one would be labeled as a "runaway" even if there's evidence to suggest they left "willingly". A missing kid is a missing kid, regardless if they left on their own... they need to be found with the same urgency.

I agree. I have a fourteen year old daughter and I probably would've handled a situation like this the same way as her parents. I wouldn't immediately jump to abduction or murder. It had only been about an hour and a half that she had been missing. That would probably be in the very back of my mind until more time had passed.
Especially with the friends saying she tied up the dog herself and asked them to watch her.

I don't understamd why she didn't just return home with the dog and then leave.

My guess it she was being sneaky because she had to be. And, rightfully so. I don't let my kids wander about at their leisure, either. Never know who is lurking around.

I have a 14 year old daughter as well, and my mind keeps going back to the location of the phone. My daughter is required to keep hers on her and I track her with Family Map if she doesn't check in enough for me (ha) or just to ease my mind. Where was Kaytlynn's phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 14 year old daughter as well, and my mind keeps going back to the location of the phone. My daughter is required to keep hers on her and I track her with Family Map if she doesn't check in enough for me (ha) or just to ease my mind. Where was Kaytlynn's phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do this with my 16, 14, and 11 year old daughters. Love that I can track them. That's one positive about them having phones. Though there are a lot of negatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic