Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so obvious? C'mon LE!!!

Exactly! They know but they aren't saying! I'm all for that if it moves the investigation along quickly.

Right? What the hell! And I just can't even read comments anymore on the Facebook and news articles. There are some real head scratchers out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they know who did this, but don't have enough evidence yet, and they want to keep an eye on the person(s)?

I hate to say so, but management may have posted those notices for liability reasons.

One minute I think LE knows who did this, the next I'm not so sure. Ugh....

That may be the case here too. A few pages back someone brought up an arrest at the time of the discovery of the body, of an RSO who lives nearby, for a probation violation. If LE have good reason to suspect he harmed Kaytlynn, but are getting their ducks in a row for charges, then that may be why they are stating there is no danger to the community.

I don't know.

He was released.

IMO Just throwing this out there, just as a normal course of looking for someone, would LE have been looking in dumpsters?

I wondered this too. I am positive I would have, but maybe I am abnormal.

I know it's been said, but does someone have an answer as to why is the place of death "landfill"?

I know it's been said, but does someone have an answer as to why is the place of death "landfill"?

Because that's where she was found deceased. Same reason time of death is when she was found. If you look at some of the other cases on the TCME page, you'll see living room, emergency room, etc...

[video=twitter;878408904765558784]https://twitter.com/wfaalauren/status/878408904765558784[/video]

Would the TOD in this case be when they found her body?
That very well may be. We did home hospice for my mother and she passed at 9:10 in the morning, but the nurse who came out to pronounce put the TOD as the time she actually checked her.

Actor James Woods tweeting about Kaytlynn

[video=twitter;878367108035248128]https://twitter.com/realjameswoods/status/878367108035248128[/video]

It's a very good question. I think the dog being left is some sort of clue.

Maybe she was sneaking out and going to a restaurant or somewhere else, tied the dog up so her parents would find the dog when they came to look for her. Maybe she really was running away but wanted the dog to be found quickly.

Or maybe if she was being stealth meeting up with someone briefly, she didn't want the dog to bark. Maybe marijuana exchange.

I feel like if she was attacked or some altercation the dog would have been found on the loose not tied up.

I personally think she planned to be back shortly and she placed trust with the wrong person. Neighbor, acquaintance, friend, etc.

Or maybe the dog was tied afterward by the friends and never by KG? Actually, was the dog actually found tied up or is this all according to the friends?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Actor James Woods tweeting about Kaytlynn

[video=twitter;878367108035248128]https://twitter.com/realjameswoods/status/878367108035248128[/video]

Wow, that's awesome! Does he have a connection to Texas or is he just an advocate? Love this.

[video=twitter;878408904765558784]https://twitter.com/wfaalauren/status/878408904765558784[/video]

It seems straightforward, common sense, your safety is your responsibility. All true. This wasn't the fault of the apartment complex.

Because that's where she was found deceased. Same reason time of death is when she was found. If you look at some of the other cases on the TCME page, you'll see living room, emergency room, etc...

Thank you for the clarification. I guess it just makes me feel even worse for Kaytlynn.
On a side note: Sorry for my last post. I thought I was "liking" posts, but it turns out I was quoting them.

"In fact, the chief said Cargill’s stepfather suggested she might be at a friend’s house and her mother gave officers the name of a friend that she might be with.
The department did send out community alerts Tuesday after officers learned that Cargill was not with the friend her parents thought she might be staying with." (BBM)
http://www.fox4news.com/news/263410214-story

If I couldn't find my 15 (as of today :))-year-old daughter and found her dog tied up in a dog park (which I honestly cannot imagine her doing ... even with a friend watching, really ...):

1. I would call, text and message (via Instagram and FB) her (how come there has been no mention of a cell phone in this case? Very unusual, IMO. Often, it's one of the first things mentioned in missing person cases - e.g., the individual doesn't use a cell phone, left it at home, pings were unsuccessful, last ping came from such and such location, etc. Did anyone even ask about it at the press conference?);

2. Start asking everyone in the vicinity if they had seen her;

3. Start blowing up her friends' phones until I get an answer (it's true I don't have the phone number for every one of them, so I would utilize messaging via SM also);

4. Start blowing up her friends' parents' phones until I get an answer;

5. When it comes my kids' safety, I'm not very patient, so once I realized I couldn't find her anywhere, I would call LE probably in 30 to 45 minutes.

So Kaytlynn's mom was able to give LE the name of a friend she thought Kaytlynn might be with. Why didn't LE "learn" until the next day she was not with this friend? If I couldn't reach the friend before LE showed up at my door (or for whatever reason, I didn't have contact information for them), then I would ask them to find the person/find their contact info, and I wouldn't let them leave until they did ...!

Besides, if Kaytlynn was intending to stay with someone she was comfortable with her parents knowing about, she wouldn't have more or less abandoned her dog, IMO. And if she was planning on staying with someone her parents are familiar with, she would have dropped the dog off with them first.

Anyway bottom line: The "She might be at a friend's house" story doesn't make logical sense to me. But everyone is different, too.

Also, "A friend said Kaytlynn asked others to watch the dog for a minute but she never returned."
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article157790369.html

I wonder if LE has had direct contact with this friend. Or could this be second-hand information (i.e., someone tells LE "I was told by so-and-so s/he saw Kaytlynn asking friends to watch her dog," but when LE starts looking for the "so-and-so" and the other friends, they find out the "someone" was lying, the "so-and-so" was lying, etc. or none of them actually exist)?

Thank you for the clarification. I guess it just makes me feel even worse for Kaytlynn.
On a side note: Sorry for my last post. I thought I was "liking" posts, but it turns out I was quoting them.

No worries at all. We're all here for the same reason! It's hard following these cases. Some hit harder than others.

"In fact, the chief said Cargill’s stepfather suggested she might be at a friend’s house and her mother gave officers the name of a friend that she might be with.
The department did send out community alerts Tuesday after officers learned that Cargill was not with the friend her parents thought she might be staying with." (BBM)
http://www.fox4news.com/news/263410214-story

If I couldn't find my 15 (as of today :))-year-old daughter and found her dog tied up in a dog park (which I honestly cannot imagine her doing ... even with a friend watching, really ...):

1. I would call, text and message (via Instagram and FB) her (how come there has been no mention of a cell phone in this case? Very unusual, IMO. Often, it's one of the first things mentioned in missing person cases - e.g., the individual doesn't use a cell phone, left it at home, pings were unsuccessful, last ping came from such and such location, etc. Did anyone even ask about it at the press conference?);

2. Start asking everyone in the vicinity if they had seen her;

3. Start blowing up her friends' phones until I get an answer (it's true I don't have the phone number for every one of them, so I would utilize messaging via SM also);

4. Start blowing up her friends' parents' phones until I get an answer;

5. When it comes my kids' safety, I'm not very patient, so once I realized I couldn't find her anywhere, I would call LE probably in 30 to 45 minutes.

So Kaytlynn's mom was able to give LE the name of a friend she thought Kaytlynn might be with. Why didn't LE "learn" until the next day she was not with this friend? If I couldn't reach the friend before LE showed up at my door (or for whatever reason, I didn't have contact information for them), then I would ask them to find the person/find their contact info, and I wouldn't let them leave until they did ...!

Besides, if Kaytlynn was intending to stay with someone she was comfortable with her parents knowing about, she wouldn't have more or less abandoned her dog, IMO. And if she was planning on staying with someone her parents are familiar with, she would have dropped the dog off with them first.

Anyway bottom line: The "She might be at a friend's house" story doesn't make logical sense to me. But everyone is different, too.

Also, "A friend said Kaytlynn asked others to watch the dog for a minute but she never returned."
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article157790369.html

I wonder if LE has had direct contact with this friend. Or could this be second-hand information (i.e., someone tells LE "I was told by so-and-so s/he saw Kaytlynn asking friends to watch her dog," but when LE starts looking for the "so-and-so" and the other friends, they find out the "someone" was lying, the "so-and-so" was lying, etc. or none of them actually exist)?

I'm curious about a phone as well. She obviously had something since she was communicating with others and had those certain apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member