Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but I haven't ruled out someone with some sort of "motive" yet. It could be a friend's dad, or someone closer to her. I can't help but think they knew her. At some level.

Totally agree. It has to be someone she felt somewhat comfortable with enough to leave her doggy. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree. It has to be someone she felt somewhat comfortable with enough to leave her doggy. Moo

Not ruling out someone she may have communicated with online. Moo

One thing I think is especially interesting in this case is just how little information available there really is. Usually, the public knows a fair amount about the victim's family, can easily locate multiple social media accounts, etc. In this case, almost nothing.

-Jamie

One thing I think is especially interesting in this case is just how little information available there really is. Usually, the public knows a fair amount about the victim's family, can easily locate multiple social media accounts, etc. In this case, almost nothing.

-Jamie
I understand what you mean, but every family is different. I know her mother deleted her FB yesterday. I have no social media, but I realize that's not the norm, especially in my age group. A little off topic, but I was disappointed that the ******** started at $15000, but once caring strangers so generously started giving, it was increased to $25000, as the "goal". I'm happy for the extended money, but it just personally bothers me when the "goal" gets increased. Sorry, I've been sitting on that all day.

I understand what you mean, but every family is different. I know her mother deleted her FB yesterday. I have no social media, but I realize that's not the norm, especially in my age group. A little off topic, but I was disappointed that the ******** started at $15000, but once caring strangers so generously started giving, it was increased to $25000, as the "goal". I'm happy for the extended money, but it just personally bothers me when the "goal" gets increased. Sorry, I've been sitting on that all day.

I can certainly understand why mom would have removed herself from social media; the public scrutiny must be unimaginable. I don't fault anyone for keeping quiet and keeping to themselves. I just find it interesting that more has not been shared about the family in general in the media--the media is usually like a rabid vulture, and it surprises me that they have not dug up more.

Now that you mention the ******** page, I do remember the "goal" being set originally at $15,000. That's interesting. I wonder, besides the funeral expenses, what other expenses might come into play for the family--attorneys, relocating possibly, funds to cover time off from work, counseling/therapy?

--Jamie

From everything I've gathered this is a solid family. Dad (stepdad) was her softball coach and very involved. They are a family of four living in an apartment. I'm sure they have a ton of expenses from the funeral to lost wages. I certainly won't judge. Moo

-Jamie

We don't sleuth family on WS. They are victims in our eyes and according to TOS. I, for one am thankful the media is leaving the family alone. The loss they have suffered is unimaginable! I hope the media continues to leave them alone. IMO the media has done enough damage by broadcasting the search and removal of this sweet child from the landfill.

We don't sleuth family on WS. They are victims in our eyes and according to TOS. I, for one am thankful the media is leaving the family alone. The loss they have suffered is unimaginable! I hope the media continues to leave them alone. IMO the media has done enough damage by broadcasting the search and removal of this sweet child from the landfill.

Yes, thank you! I'm still appalled there was no privacy tent and the helicopter actually zoomed in. Disgusting!

Does LE treat a missing child differently then a runaway? To my way of thinking they are the same thing in terms of a child is not where they should be and someone is concerned for them. So much has been said about the fact that LE was calling Kaytlynn a runaway. Missing is missing to me. Which is why I'm asking does LE make a distinction.

Well the public sure does. And that's a problem.

Maybe they hit the goal but people still were wanting to donate so it had to be reset at a higher number? Honestly who cares. If it were me I would want as much money as possible to help my family since I would be unable to work or function for a very long time. I doubt the family even has money on their mind right now and someone is running it for them.

I'm very curious to what the nearby resident has to add about this carpet crew. Construction workers are full of felons who can't get better jobs. She could have been walking the dog all week and chatting it up with a worker. Perhaps they wanted to go somewhere for some privacy being she was 14 and apparently boy interested. This could explain the needing a friend to watch her dog, the friend giving changing story, and the she didn't come back statement, which to me sounds like she told friend she'd be right back and willingly went somewhere to meet up with someone.

I think BPD are blazing idiots for how they are treating this entire thing. Medical examiners release preliminary autopsy reports long before awaiting on toxicology. Sounds like LE just isn't going to release the preliminary results and they are endangering the public by pretending no perps are out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I agree they shouldn't pretend there's no danger or perp after a kid is found dead in the trash and no one has been arrested. But it would be ridiculous to release COD to a morbidly curious public. Great way to ruin an investigation.

Why would anyone be disappointed by that? First of all, it's typically friends who set up and increase such funds. Second, these aren't wealthy people. Many people live paycheck to paycheck. It astounds me that so many people seem to think they could simply go right back to work if their kid ended up dead.

Besides funeral costs, which are about 10-14 grand at a basic level, there is rent, food, gas, medical bills, the necessities of life that these people will have to cover, all while wanting to shoot themselves in the head because they're insane with grief. If the fund reaches its goal, they may be able to cover rent and some utilities for some months before it runs out.

Sometimes I wonder what happened to empathy.

Yes, thank you! I'm still appalled there was no privacy tent and the helicopter actually zoomed in. Disgusting!

No parent should have to see that!

I'm stuck back with the friends with the dog.
Something seems not right here.
Jmo

One friend says she left the dog with some friends but never returned.
So was the one friend there or was told by the other friends what happened.
Something is missing here.

Also if she was in a dumpster in the apt complex LE would know that.

The fact that people are upset about LE saying there isn't a threat to the public is irritating me. It's common sense to err on the side of safety. I, for one, don't need LE to tell me to be wary when something as terrible as this has happened in the community. Just my two cents on that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic