Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford 19 June 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend told Kaytlynns mother that Kaytlynn had asked OTHERS to watch the dog.

I take this to mean she asked someone other than the friend who gave this info to Mom.
Right?

One of the first news reports:

Kaytlynn's mother said her daughter went missing around 6:30 p.m. while walking the dog around the Oak Creek Apartments in Bedford.

"I went out looking for her after she didn't come back for like 30 minutes," Trisha West said Tuesday. She found the dog tied to a fence at the nearby dog park.

A friend of the teen told West that Cargill asked others to watch the dog for a minute but never returned.

The family notified police around 8 p.m. Monday, and West posted a message on Facebook asking for friends to help in the search for Kaytlynn.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/bedford/2017/06/20/police-search-bedford-teen-vanished-walking-dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe it's unconfirmed how she got to the landfill..via perp's car or scheduled refuse truck..
but thanks for the link

If she got there via the perp's vehicle there is a very good chance that they passed the Bell Helicopter plant. I would think that Bell surely had security cameras but that is completely speculation on my part. The only way they would not have passed Bell Helicopter is if they traveled via Hwy.157.

If she got there via the perp's vehicle there is a very good chance that they passed the Bell Helicopter plant. I would think that Bell surely had security cameras but that is completely speculation on my part. The only way they would not have passed Bell Helicopter is if they traveled via Hwy.157.

Unfortunately if she was transported there by vehicle she may have been in the trunk of a car.

Has anyone considered a bully/catfish/prank type situation? I keep thinking some girls, or boys, pretended to be someone & asked her to meet up, once there they might've beat her up, she fell hit her head & brain bleed that wasn't outwardly obvious, might even look like it could've happened from being thrown into the dumpster or from dumpster to truck, truck to landfill. Or some girls or boys that pretended to be her friends & then pressured her into trying/doing something out of the ordinary & whatever it was went haywire.
These the only other type of accidents I can even think of. Kids are cruel & if Kaytlynn was even slightly different than the way some other kids thought she should be, I'd be willing to bet they'd bully her &/or tease her. I have teenage girls & let me tell ya they can be harsh & just plain mean!!!!

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

I find the statements odd throughout this ordeal and why I don't trust them now. I'm not even bothered by the no Amber Alert because I do understand those technicalities.

#1 From the beginning of missing alert, LE stated they didn't feel she was in danger. WTH would they say that apparently having no clue as to her whereabouts whether with a friend, family, or abducted and probably already murdered by that time. Very careless wording. A missing person is and can always be in danger!

#2 We have the not related statement of the landfill and Kaytlynn missing when they clearly were on scene and knew it was.

#3 We finally get announcement and wait on PC, only to clearly be all about their very questionable actions or lack thereof and nothing much about the circumstances or victim.

#4 We have telling the community they are not calling this a murder investigation, there are no dangerous perps out there, and there is no COD as of yet as well as no trauma when the majority of the public can clearly see the blatant lies.

This is not a way to get your community to work with you nor trust you. Too many holes and terrible wording, IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this story in the news for a long time to come by angered family members and residents for how it's been handled. This case is spreading widely and will no doubt attract big attention. I'd rather LE say we can't release those details due to an open investigation than to bullcrap around like they have on this case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Actually, IMO, the Bedford Police Dept. has no experience in dealing with this type situation. They are probably in as much in shock as the rest of us. I stated in a previous comment that I had lived in Bedford since 1996. Actually it has been much longer. I first moved to Bedford in 1977 & stayed until 1989. I left briefly from 1989 until 1996 & then came back. It IS my home & this situation is very unusual. Please believe me. It is very unusual & I don't blame the police at all for not knowing the right things to say. They are very likely as stunned as the rest of the citizens here.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mystery-surrounds-death-14-year-girl-found-texas/story?id=48237962

I am getting the impression that her parents really thought she was with a particular person, and LE focused efforts there. If so, as you said, we don't know that they were wrong.. according to this article, anyway.
It was noted previously that her parents had the name of that person, but not the address. I think the way its written in the article is a bit confusing, but it seems to imply that the person her parents suspected she was with also lived in Bedford, but in a different apt complex (?) But yes, I agree with you and think her parents had concerns about the particular friend. My mind is saying that would be a boy she was not supposed to be with. But that's pure parental speculation.

Later in this article it states:
"The Bedford Police Department has partnered with the Arlington Police Department, federal agencies and a local school district in an effort to solve the death mystery."
No idea what to make of this. But it seems meaningful in some way that they are partnering with feds and the school district. Any thoughts?

Actually, IMO, the Bedford Police Dept. has no experience in dealing with this type situation. They are probably in as much in shock as the rest of us. I stated in a previous comment that I had lived in Bedford since 1996. Actually it has been much longer. I first moved to Bedford in 1977 & stayed until 1989. I left briefly from 1989 until 1996 & then came back. It IS my home & this situation is very unusual. Please believe me. It is very unusual & I don't blame the police at all for not knowing the right things to say. They are very likely as stunned as the rest of the citizens here.

And most of the times if a teenager goes missing for a few hours they are not going to be found dead. Hindsight is always 20-20, but I don't see how police could have known that she was going to be found dead. Even parents thought she just gone off to visit some friend or friends.

In a way it worries me that this is their first murder investigation in years. I hope their lack of experience doesn't hinder the outcome of the investigation. Maybe they'll get some outside help from agencies that have more experience with cases like this. Praying for justice!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mystery-surrounds-death-14-year-girl-found-texas/story?id=48237962

"The Bedford Police Department has partnered with the Arlington Police Department, federal agencies and a local school district in an effort to solve the death mystery."
No idea what to make of this. But it seems meaningful in some way that they are partnering with feds and the school district. Any thoughts?

Thank God! I was hoping they'd get some outside help due to their lack of experience with this type of crime.

My understanding is that they thought she might have gone to visit one of her friends, but didn't know which one. Not that it was some specific person they didn't trust.

Ok but why pretty immediately (about an hour after finding the dog) call the police and report her missing? Why not call all her friends first? Why were they so very worried?

I find the speed with which she was reported missing to be in stark contrast to LE's initially almost nonchalant approach to the situation. The parents seemed to be very worried (and as it turned out, sadly, rightly so), but LE was not.

Unfortunately if she was transported there by vehicle she may have been in the trunk of a car.

Yes, that is true. However if they had a good shot of the vehicle, they could trace license plate numbers.

I am getting the impression that her parents really thought she was with a particular person, and LE focused efforts there. If so, as you said, we don't know that they were wrong.. according to this article, anyway.
It was noted previously that her parents had the name of that person, but not the address. I think the way its written in the article is a bit confusing, but it seems to imply that the person her parents suspected she was with also lived in Bedford, but in a different apt complex (?) But yes, I agree with you and think her parents had concerns about the particular friend. My mind is saying that would be a boy she was not supposed to be with. But that's pure parental speculation.

Partnering with Feds... I guess that means they don't know who did it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In a way it worries me that this is their first murder investigation in years. I hope their lack of experience doesn't hinder the outcome of the investigation. Maybe they'll get some outside help from agencies that have more experience with cases like this. Praying for justice!

I see from another post that Bedford Police are getting assistance from Arlington PD. Arlington, being a university town, gets to deal with all kind of things. They are extremely experienced!!

I see from another post that Bedford Police are getting assistance from Arlington PD. Arlington, being a university town, gets to deal with all kind of things. They are extremely experienced!!

And the Feds!

Skipped ahead a few pages but JMO about why she'd leave the dog - She wanted to go meet someone but didn't want her mom to know. Used dog walking as an excuse to get away from her apt. Not sure why she wouldn't take dog to meet said person but would explain why she wouldn't take it home first.
JMO MOO etc

Skipped ahead a few pages but JMO about why she'd leave the dog - She wanted to go meet someone but didn't want her mom to know. Used dog walking as an excuse to get away from her apt. Not sure why she wouldn't take dog to meet said person but would explain why she wouldn't take it home first.
JMO MOO etc

Yep. Sounds like something I would've done at her age and sounds like something my three teenage daughters would do today. Even if it's to meet someone for a minute, or catch them walking by. I think the perp was an acquaintance that nobody knew about. If we are lucky maybe a friend knew about this person. JMO of course.

[video=twitter;878764953385226241]https://twitter.com/HomaBashNBC5/status/878764953385226241[/video]

That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that they can solve the case though. I'm glad they're partnering with other agencies. I'm certain they're working hard but I think they could have handled this better-

"We have strict criteria for an Amber Alert which are not met here. These are the criteria."

"We take every case of a missing child extemely seriously and have been working the case diligently. At present we have information to suggest she may have left home voluntarily and may not be in immediate danger but we are on high alert and ask that everyone else be so as well. This information is subject to change at any time."

"We don't have information to release as tow hat happened to Kaytlynn or how she ended up at the landfill. We urge everyone to exercise usual caution but at the present have no information to indicate there is an ongoing danger to the community. Yet it is always important to stay alert, know where your children are and have safety plans with them."

Immediate posting of all missing kids to Facebook. Not a day or so later.

They need someone to help with public relations.

Ok but why pretty immediately (about an hour after finding the dog) call the police and report her missing? Why not call all her friends first? Why were they so very worried?

I find the speed with which she was reported missing to be in stark contrast to LE's initially almost nonchalant approach to the situation. The parents seemed to be very worried (and as it turned out, sadly, rightly so), but LE was not.

I think any parent should be extemely worried when their 14 year old is missing after going on a short walk. I don't find that significant.

[video=twitter;878766519307689985]https://twitter.com/HomaBashNBC5/status/878766519307689985[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic