Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
However, I dare say the lowest price house in Bedford is NOT located in a slum. In all my years living here I have never yet seen a slum in Bedford. JMO

RSBM

No, the slums are in Euless and Hurst!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case has really bothered me, and it looks like attention is dying down.

From what I can tell, she left her puppy tied to a fence in the dog park, asking a friend to watch out for it, but never came back, and the friend left.

The parents were looking for her within half an hour.

Such a fast time table. Yet no clues.

I think the attention is still there but we aren't getting any new info from LE and we have no VI so we just kinda run out of things to guess. I guarantee there are many of us following and just praying for something new.

What information about the sudden and mysterious death of a 14 yr old teen who ended up in a landfill would enable you (or anyone) to feel safer? Hopefully young children are not left on their own to walk around without some supervision. Teenagers are vulnerable because they're in that in between age of not a young child, but not yet an adult, and they can be and often are spontaneous and impetuous. Teens are harder to control than younger children.

Police all over, at safety meetings and meetings with parent groups offer the same advice universally: use common sense, don't let your child wander around unsupervised, make sure you know exactly where your child is, make sure they can reach you and you them, teach them over and over and over not to go with anyone who isn't their parent or a relative, etc, etc.
Respectfully, but, perhaps, a different tone than at the start of the case. People believed she was hiding or ran away and that tone has "stuck." Kids here are still out and about alone, even in front of those apartments today. It's just driving me crazy.

Respectfully, but, perhaps, a different tone than at the start of the case. People believed she was hiding or ran away and that tone has "stuck." Kids here are still out and about alone, even in front of those apartments today. It's just driving me crazy.

Also, at the beginning of the case, I believe the PD released a statement that the body in the landfill was "unrelated to the (missing person) case." I'll have to go back and see if I can find it.

That struck me as strange because either they knew it was her and were lying (which... how would that benefit them? I can understand that maybe it bought them some time but it was like half a day.) or they were very, very wrong. Neither of which builds trust in the Police Department. I understand law enforcement has to play things close to the chest and they can't share all information with the public, but they had to know that the body was going to be identified publicly very quickly and so the amount of trust it hurt them saying that the body was not related to their case, how was worth the half-day of time that it bought them?

Also, at the beginning of the case, I believe the PD released a statement that the body in the landfill was "unrelated to the (missing person) case. I'll have to go back and see if I can find it.

That struck me as strange because either they knew it was her and were lying (which... how would that benefit them? I can understand that maybe you bought them some time but it was like half a day.) or they were very very wrong. Neither of which builds particular trust in the Police Department. I understand lawn Forssman has to play things close to their chest and they can't share all information with the public, but they had to know that the body was going to be identified publicly very quickly and so the amount of trust it hurt them saying that the body was not related to their case I don't see how that was worth the half-day of time that it bought them.

It was CBS 11 news reporting that...BPD never confirmed it.

I think people aren't scared because they believe it's an isolated incident. I feel like the police are also quiet because minors are involved. JMO

Also, at the beginning of the case, I believe the PD released a statement that the body in the landfill was "unrelated to the (missing person) case. I'll have to go back and see if I can find it.

That struck me as strange because either they knew it was her and were lying (which... how would that benefit them? I can understand that maybe you bought them some time but it was like half a day.) or they were very very wrong. Neither of which builds particular trust in the Police Department. I understand lawn Forssman has to play things close to their chest and they can't share all information with the public, but they had to know that the body was going to be identified publicly very quickly and so the amount of trust it hurt them saying that the body was not related to their case I don't see how that was worth the half-day of time that it bought them.

There was only one station that reported the cases were unrelated leading me to believe it was bad reporting.

Also, at the beginning of the case, I believe the PD released a statement that the body in the landfill was "unrelated to the (missing person) case." I'll have to go back and see if I can find it.

That struck me as strange because either they knew it was her and were lying (which... how would that benefit them? I can understand that maybe it bought them some time but it was like half a day.) or they were very, very wrong. Neither of which builds trust in the Police Department. I understand law enforcement has to play things close to the chest and they can't share all information with the public, but they had to know that the body was going to be identified publicly very quickly and so the amount of trust it hurt them saying that the body was not related to their case, how was worth the half-day of time that it bought them?

IMO this happened because LE gave media a line like "we aren't saying these two situations are related" and then that got translated by media to "they are not related".

Some parents are not as concerned about their kids playing outside. This kind of situation is rare and I think people around there came to realize that and maybe they've been especially careful and worried for a couple days or so, and things went back to the way they were, which is common.

A death like this is an anomaly and LE has already gone on record that in their opinion the public is not in danger. That means LE knows something to make such a statement.

Some parents are not as concerned about their kids playing outside. This kind of situation is rare and I think people around there came to realize that and maybe they've been especially careful and worried for a couple days or so, and things went back to the way they were, which is common.

A death like this is an anomaly and LE has already gone on record that in their opinion the public is not in danger. That means LE knows something to make such a statement.

I totally agree! When my kids were younger I was always out with them when they played in the front yard but I let them free range in the back yard. As they got older I'd let them walk to the park or skateboard around the hood. Of course we never had a situation like this so I can't relate to that. But yes I agree LE knows more than what has been released. I do wonder though if there's a bigger police presence in that area.

I think people aren't scared because they believe it's an isolated incident. I feel like the police are also quiet because minors are involved. JMO

This is what we thought of the Delphi murders, though, and it's been 4 1/2 months :(

This is what we thought of the Delphi murders, though, and it's been 4 1/2 months :(
I never thought Abby and Libby were murdered by a young individual, and I feel the same with Kaytlynn. Of course that doesn't mean I could be wrong. I'm so beyond frustrated that Abby and Libby's killer(s) is/are still roaming free. I hope and pray that Kaytlynn can have a more swift act of justice. I'm impatiently waiting for an *Arrest* in the title.

I never thought Abby and Libby were murdered by a young individual, and I feel the same with Kaytlynn. Of course that doesn't mean I could be wrong. I'm so beyond frustrated that Abby and Libby's killer(s) is/are still roaming free. I hope and pray that Kaytlynn can have a more swift act of justice. I'm impatiently waiting for an *Arrest* in the title.

Me too as far as arrest. I did think early on the Libby and Abby were murdered by peers obviously that changed after the perp pic. I do still wonder if Kaytlynn was harmed by a peer or an individual she may have been communicating with. I do not think it was random at all. Moo

And not all people watch the news every day. How many people stopped listening after the channel 11 report that the body found was not hers?

With all the new ways to get news I'm constantly amazed at the number of people who never watch or read the news. They don't watch tv news, they listen to music on their phone, don't have a news app installed, they just generally walk around clueless. It's those people philigumbo was worrying for, imo.

Imo, BPD has made some mistakes in communicating with the public about this case. They've pretty aggressively sent the message no worries, y'all, nothing to see here. Each time they've had to back away from that stance you wonder how many people took them at their word the first time.

A child I love very much has a season pass to Bedford Splash & I worry. Maybe it's because I read here. But I know there's a killer out there. Kaytlynn didn't get to that landfill on her own.

I think we'll all be surprised when everything comes out. I think BPD is doing their job and don't owe us a daily or weekly update. I think if the public needed to be on the lookout or were in danger they would tell us. This case hasn't been easy of them emotionally either. JMO

I understand from other cases a medical examiner can tell by the blood vessels in a victims eyes if they have been suffocated.
Might be very difficult to detect, especially if there was decomposition. Hemorrhages are more absent than present.

"The autopsy signs of smothering may be minimal. If pressure has been applied to the face around the mouth and nose there may be evidence of bruising and it may require full facial dissection to reveal such injuries. If the pressure has been maintained after death, then there may be pressure pallor within areas of lividity around the mouth and nose. When injuries are present around the mouth and nose in cases of suspected smothering, they should be view as highly suspicious and the possibility that the smothering has been deliberate and homicidal considered. There may be no other findings. Petechial hemorrhages are more frequently absent than present. If present, petechiae may be found on the visceral surfaces of the thoracic organs or in the region of the larynx and pharynx."

http://what-when-how.com/forensic-sciences/asphyctic-deaths/

I think we'll all be surprised when everything comes out. I think BPD is doing their job and don't owe us a daily or weekly update. I think if the public needed to be on the lookout or were in danger they would tell us. This case hasn't been easy of them emotionally either. JMO

All true.

My post referred to their PR blunders, not their emotional response. For sure BPD officers are feeling this one hard.

I'm going to step away from this discussion for now because BPD has actually made me really furious and I can't be trusted at the keyboard on this subject right now.

I do support the men and women who wear the badge. But BPD has issued some completely ridiculous statements. And supporting someone sometimes means letting them know when they are wrong.

I hope with all my heart that minors are not involved. My reason is that if minors are responsible they will get a slap on the wrist. Oh, they would spend some time in juvenile lockup but once they turn 18 they will be free & their record expunged. My feelings are that young monsters will likely become adult monsters & someone/someones need to pay a hefty price for Kaylynn's death. I'm not a proponent of the death penalty but am a firm believer in life without any possibility of parole. I don't mind my tax $ going to keep the dangerous criminals locked up forever. This is JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member