Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in terms of COD and MOD I agree with MIKAYOYO a few posts back. I believe the report was pulled by police because both of those are known. Otherwise they could have left the report with those things pending including the toxicology results. LE can keep that from disclosure indefinitely now.

What I have been surprised by in all of this is that Bedford PD has said that they have not issued any search warrants. But I can't imagine that they haven't gone for any phone records or obtained Kaytlynn's phone - if she had one, as I am not clear on whether she had one or not.

With so little information to go on it gets difficult to dance a TOS jig. However, what I will say is that if LE thought this was the actions of a stranger I would expect that LE would have offered some information in order to generate tips and leads. If LE truly does not have anything to go on at all then I don't know how they could treat this as if no one else is in potential danger from the person responsible for Kaytlynn's death. Everything about this case, to me, says that Kaytlynn knew her killer and I don't believe this to be anything but homicide.

While LE can be frustrating in not releasing information to protect their investigation my main concern when LE won't even release some of the most basic of information (that won't jeopardize the integrity of the case) is that LE does not have much to work with and they spend time bluffing they have more. I hope, for Kaytlynn's sake, that this is not the case. Because if it is the case and this is stranger involvement this may never be solved.

Since I haven't seen Bedford PD doing much talking, let alone talking up "how much evidence they have" or bluffing my sense is that LE knows who did this.

^^^YES! 100% agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not optimistic at this point that an analysis of her electronic footprint has yielded anything since there's been no arrest, which also lends itself towards the random predator or nonrandom (neighbor, relative, etc) predator theory or at least one who, if there is an online connection, has covered his tracks well. Moo.

Well in terms of COD and MOD I agree with MIKAYOYO a few posts back. I believe the report was pulled by police because both of those are known. Otherwise they could have left the report with those things pending including the toxicology results. LE can keep that from disclosure indefinitely now.

What I have been surprised by in all of this is that Bedford PD has said that they have not issued any search warrants. But I can't imagine that they haven't gone for any phone records or obtained Kaytlynn's phone - if she had one, as I am not clear on whether she had one or not.

With so little information to go on it gets difficult to dance a TOS jig. However, what I will say is that if LE thought this was the actions of a stranger I would expect that LE would have offered some information in order to generate tips and leads. If LE truly does not have anything to go on at all then I don't know how they could treat this as if no one else is in potential danger from the person responsible for Kaytlynn's death. Everything about this case, to me, says that Kaytlynn knew her killer and I don't believe this to be anything but homicide.

While LE can be frustrating in not releasing information to protect their investigation my main concern when LE won't even release some of the most basic of information (that won't jeopardize the integrity of the case) is that LE does not have much to work with and they spend time bluffing they have more. I hope, for Kaytlynn's sake, that this is not the case. Because if it is the case and this is stranger involvement this may never be solved.

Since I haven't seen Bedford PD doing much talking, let alone talking up "how much evidence they have" or bluffing my sense is that LE knows who did this.

Agreed. Maybe they have a good idea who did it. Like in Alanna Gallagher's case. And several others we followed for a long time, in frustration, not knowing that LE had their sights set on the culprit all along.

The thing is, like you said, they only need to request info if they have no idea what happened. Many times they do have info.

Has it been mentioned how many others were at the dog park that day? Maybe the perp has a dog and has been there before...he knew she would be there, who all his visited the park around the same time lately? LE would be on this...she may have trusted this individual due to casual recognition of him and his dig at the dog park.. Sorry for any repetitive posts.

Agreed. Maybe they have a good idea who did it. Like in Alanna Gallagher's case. And several others we followed for a long time, in frustration, not knowing that LE had their sights set on the culprit all along.

The thing is, like you said, they only need to request info if they have no idea what happened. Many times they do have info.

Just out of curiosity do the different states have different laws or whatever regarding sealing COD? IIRC in Abby and Libby's case even though they knew COD they didn't release it. I haven't followed that case in a while because it's such a hash/rehash and I figure once there's an arrest (and I hope there will be) I'll catch up. But BEdford LE won't even commit to it being a murder. That is an interesting aside to me. Not sure I've followed a case where they wouldn't even commit to MOD. I know I ramble. Sorry.

I think, when a case is so quiet like this, and LE offers so little, it is because they know a good deal more than we do. I think they have a suspect/suspects in mind. I think this will be one of those inexplicable "close to home" cases that always blow my mind. Jmo.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think, when a case is so quiet like this, and LE offers so little, it is because they know a good deal more than we do. I think they have a suspect/suspects in mind. I think this will be one of those inexplicable "close to home" cases that always blow my mind. Jmo.

I agree though I'm not feeling close to home as in a family member (not implying that's what you're getting at) but think it's going to be someone at least known to the family a neighbor or someone. And I do feel that while we all wonder wth LE is doing, we're going to get this unexpected update soon that someone has been arrested and it's all going g to come out and it's going to make us all be so glad to know Bedford PD was all over it from the get go. Moo

SBM because I don't know how to bold on my app...

There is no trash pickup on Wednesday in Bedford by Republic...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Where does Republic go to on Wed then? I can't see it being picked up Tuesday but dumped late afternoon Wed unless maybe a smaller route on Wed before heading to dump? Boy that's confusing.

I wonder if those trucks pay a flat rate per load, service contract, or pay by load/weight? Like my DH used to do roofing work. His trucks/trailers were charged per yard so it was beneficial to hold a smaller load until the load was larger. More bang for the buck financial wise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Post #759 from first thread by teamjustice

Here's a snippet of the post

eta was meant in reply to Jethro - also don't know how to link to a post so if someone else can that would be great.
Are we allowed to sleuth and discuss KCs facebook?

So that means the data is unavailable under the FIA as long as the COD results are listed as pending.

This is unusual in a death investigation not to issue search warrants. Yes? Aren't there phone records or apartments or vans they want to search? Even a warrant for the dumpster? Or for Social Media? Did they take away any boxes, large pieces of cardboard or carpet from the landfill?

Ok. LE possibly has a Suspect who was only harmful to KC and won't be to anyone else? Hence, no threat to the community. Makes it appear a target or the recipient was meant to be KC. Homicide without SA. Unlawful homicides are murders where an intent to kill is formed.

No SA. Wouldn't that eliminate the construction workers at the complex who were involved in the apartment renovations? I was sort of leaning toward KCs body wrapped in a wide piece of cardboard at the CS, then carried to and placed in the dumpster. No SA makes a difference in possible POIs, don't you think?

Where does Republic go to on Wed then? I can't see it being picked up Tuesday but dumped late afternoon Wed unless maybe a smaller route on Wed before heading to dump? Boy that's confusing.

I wonder if those trucks pay a flat rate per load, service contract, or pay by load/weight? Like my DH used to do roofing work. His trucks/trailers were charged per yard so it was beneficial to hold a smaller load until the load was larger. More bang for the buck financial wise.

Possibly... Republic has several contracts in the area...

5d36a1c977dccccc6ff34d5711964c53.jpg

The KC is roughly where her complex is located...

So that means the data is unavailable under the FIA as long as the COD results are listed as pending.

This is unusual in a death investigation not to issue search warrants. Yes? Aren't there phone records or apartments or vans they want to search? Even a warrant for the dumpster? Or for Social Media? Did they take away any boxes, large pieces of cardboard or carpet from the landfill?

Ok. LE possibly has a Suspect who was only harmful to KC and won't be to anyone else? Hence, no threat to the community. Makes it appear a target or the recipient was meant to be KC. Homicide without SA. Unlawful homicides are murders where an intent to kill is formed.

No SA. Wouldn't that eliminate the construction workers at the complex who were involved in the apartment renovations? I was sort of leaning toward KCs body wrapped in a wide piece of cardboard at the CS, then carried to and placed in the dumpster. No SA makes a difference in possible POIs, don't you think?

I can't remember for sure, but I almost swear I remember a large flat piece of cardboard by the body recovery site... if anything it could have strategically covered her in the dumpster...

Possibly... Republic has several contracts in the area...

5d36a1c977dccccc6ff34d5711964c53.jpg

The KC is roughly where her complex is located...

I looked around Republic's website on the off-chance they publicized their routes. As far as I can tell, they don't, but here is a page that talks about their hauling specifically, and includes information about their landfills.

https://www.republicservices.com/customer-support/facilities#hauling

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

If true that no search warrants have been issued, I really lean even more toward her death not being considered a murder. Certainly they would want to check various electronic data and warrants are obtained even when permission is given.

If true that no search warrants have been issued, I really lean even more toward her death not being considered a murder. Certainly they would want to check various electronic data and warrants are obtained even when permission is given.
Surely there have been some since the last update, I would think, but I also would think they got them sealed.

IMO we don't know if search warrants were served. Idk if those are made public or not. I'm also not sold on it NOT being SA. There's been talk of some thinking they saw a fully clothed body in the landfill footage and others thinking they could only make out the blue tarp. I honestly do not know but I have faith that LE knows and they're working their butts off to find her killer. MOO

:welcome:to Websleuths, moos3cat !! We're glad you're here!!:cheer::cheer:

IMO we don't know if search warrants were served. Idk if those are made public or not. I'm also not sold on it NOT being SA. There's been talk of some thinking they saw a fully clothed body in the landfill footage and others thinking they could only make out the blue tarp. I honestly do not know but I have faith that LE knows and they're working their butts off to find her killer. MOO

I couldn't tell from the video much about clothing. It did appear to me she had bottoms on, but to be honest, I couldn't keep straight which side I was looking at half the time. And I zoomed because at that point LE was stating the body was NOT connected to kaytlynn, and I was trying to see. I also am not ruling out SA. Statistically speaking I would be very surprised if it wasn't.

I feel like because we were looking for blue shorts, our eyes could've easily played tricks on us thinking the blue tarp was blue shorts. I'm not sold on her being found fully clothed.

Being that Republic Services uses large metal container bins for refuse, the dumpsters also belong to Republic since they are designed to work together with their trucks. Their dumpsters have the Republic logo on them. A business will contract with Republic Services for dumpster pick up two or three times a week, depending on the company's needs.

If a dumpster is unloaded into a dumpster truck in a morning route on Wednesday, the truck runs the route until it is filled and must go to the landfill around noon. The truck that contained KC, most likely would have left the landfill to go pick up more refuse from dumpsters in another area. And maybe that is exactly what the truck did only it seems LE would want to inspect the hauler.

The drivers are employees of Republic Services. The trucks and dumpsters belong to Republic Services. Another company owns the landfill. Does anyone wish to call RS to find out what day of the week that they pick up at OCA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14