Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity do the different states have different laws or whatever regarding sealing COD? IIRC in Abby and Libby's case even though they knew COD they didn't release it. I haven't followed that case in a while because it's such a hash/rehash and I figure once there's an arrest (and I hope there will be) I'll catch up. But BEdford LE won't even commit to it being a murder. That is an interesting aside to me. Not sure I've followed a case where they wouldn't even commit to MOD. I know I ramble. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that means the data is unavailable under the FIA as long as the COD results are listed as pending.

This is unusual in a death investigation not to issue search warrants. Yes? Aren't there phone records or apartments or vans they want to search? Even a warrant for the dumpster? Or for Social Media? Did they take away any boxes, large pieces of cardboard or carpet from the landfill?

Ok. LE possibly has a Suspect who was only harmful to KC and won't be to anyone else? Hence, no threat to the community. Makes it appear a target or the recipient was meant to be KC. Homicide without SA. Unlawful homicides are murders where an intent to kill is formed.

I looked and apparently Texas law is that info can be withheld for a "compelling reason".

Question: How do we know there have been no search warrants? Also, I would think they wouldn't need a search warrant if all the evidence was available on the phone they seized, maybe? Or from her social media? They wouldn't need permission from anyone if they have the physical phone, right? (I'm not sure how this works). I'm not sure how it would work with social media.

But regardless, if it's not homicide, unless she climbed in the dumpster herself and somehow died, improper disposal of a corpse or whatever charge they have that's equivalent would maybe be appropriate. So wouldn't they need search warrants for that? What do you think, Cluciano?

While anything is possible, I think the possibility Kaytlynn put herself in a dumpster and died is remote. I don't know. This smells of murder to me.

I feel like because we were looking for blue shorts, our eyes could've easily played tricks on us thinking the blue tarp was blue shorts. I'm not sold on her being found fully clothed.
I agree.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So that means the data is unavailable under the FIA as long as the COD results are listed as pending.

This is unusual in a death investigation not to issue search warrants. Yes? Aren't there phone records or apartments or vans they want to search? Even a warrant for the dumpster? Or for Social Media? Did they take away any boxes, large pieces of cardboard or carpet from the landfill?

Ok. LE possibly has a Suspect who was only harmful to KC and won't be to anyone else? Hence, no threat to the community. Makes it appear a target or the recipient was meant to be KC. Homicide without SA. Unlawful homicides are murders where an intent to kill is formed.

No SA. Wouldn't that eliminate the construction workers at the complex who were involved in the apartment renovations? I was sort of leaning toward KCs body wrapped in a wide piece of cardboard at the CS, then carried to and placed in the dumpster. No SA makes a difference in possible POIs, don't you think?
In terms of search warrants I recall that the updates saying that no search warrants were executed. Perhaps that was only limited to when LE was at an apartment on the 25th of June and I misinterpreted what was said.

The latest update - no information.
https://www.facebook.com/BedfordTXPD/posts/1271961756259183

LE seems to be treating this as if whoever was responsible for the death of KC isn't likely to be out looking for another victim. Whether KC was targeted or not is another matter but I don't think that was the case. For what it is worth I don't think this is a case of premeditated murder but more on the lines of manslaughter (voluntary or involuntary) though I won't rule it out completely.

I don't think that SA, in and of itself, precludes who is the pool of POIs except in gender. My opinion is no SA.

It is possible that KC could have been wrapped in something though I haven't formed a strong opinion either way.

For the most part though I can't get into my theory of the crime so I can only dance around the edges.

Possibly... Republic has several contracts in the area...

5d36a1c977dccccc6ff34d5711964c53.jpg

The KC is roughly where her complex is located...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This seems to be the residential pickup schedule at individual homes rather than dumpsters at complexes. The trucks used for picking up dumpsters are different from the ones used for curbside pick up as those are loaded from the rear and compact to the front while dumpster pickup trucks load from the front and compact to the rear. Is it known that Republic does both kinds of pickups on the same schedule?

This seems to be the residential pickup schedule at individual homes rather than dumpsters at complexes. The trucks used for picking up dumpsters are different from the ones used for curbside pick up as those are loaded from the rear and compact to the front while dumpster pickup trucks load from the front and compact to the rear. Is it known that Republic does both kinds of pickups on the same schedule?

While I cannot confirm that they definitively follow the same schedule, my apartment complex is in the side with M/Th residential service and the cover my complex on Monday and Thursday... somewhere upthread I shared this and extrapolated that they service the entire city based on the zoning on the map.

ETA - I am almost positive every complex I have been in or to in Bedford has Republic Bins....

Being that Republic Services uses large metal container bins for refuse, the dumpsters also belong to Republic since they are designed to work together with their trucks. Their dumpsters have the Republic logo on them. A business will contract with Republic Services for dumpster pick up two or three times a week, depending on the company's needs.

If a dumpster is unloaded into a dumpster truck in a morning route on Wednesday, the truck runs the route until it is filled and must go to the landfill around noon. The truck that contained KC, most likely would have left the landfill to go pick up more refuse from dumpsters in another area. And maybe that is exactly what the truck did only it seems LE would want to inspect the hauler.

The drivers are employees of Republic Services. The trucks and dumpsters belong to Republic Services. Another company owns the landfill. Does anyone wish to call RS to find out what day of the week that they pick up at OCA?

The landfill is owned by Republic as well.

http://site.republicservices.com/site/arlington-landfill/en/pages/location.aspx

In terms of search warrants I recall that the updates saying that no search warrants were executed. Perhaps that was only limited to when LE was at an apartment on the 25th of June and I misinterpreted what was said.

The latest update - no information.
https://www.facebook.com/BedfordTXPD/posts/1271961756259183

LE seems to be treating this as if whoever was responsible for the death of KC isn't likely to be out looking for another victim. Whether KC was targeted or not is another matter but I don't think that was the case. For what it is worth I don't think this is a case of premeditated murder but more on the lines of manslaughter (voluntary or involuntary) though I won't rule it out completely.

I don't think that SA, in and of itself, precludes who is the pool of POIs except in gender. My opinion is no SA.

It is possible that KC could have been wrapped in something though I haven't formed a strong opinion either way.

For the most part though I can't get into my theory of the crime so I can only dance around the edges.

You are doing just fine.

more on the lines of manslaughter (voluntary or involuntary)

Voluntary Manslaughter

This is often called a "heat of passion" crime. Voluntary manslaughter occurs when a person:
is strongly provoked
(under circumstances that could similarly provoke a reasonable person) and
kills in the heat of passion aroused by that provocation.
For “heat of passion” to exist, the person must not have had sufficient time to “cool off” from the provocation. That the killing isn’t considered first or second degree murder is a concession to human weakness. Killers who act in the heat of passion may kill intentionally, but the emotional context is a mitigating factor that reduces their moral blameworthiness.

Involuntary Manslaughter

Involuntary manslaughter often refers to unintentional homicide from criminally negligent or reckless conduct. It can also refer to an unintentional killing through commission of a crime other than a felony.
The subtleties between murder and manslaughter reach their peak with involuntary manslaughter, particularly because an accidental killing through extreme recklessness can constitute second degree murder.
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/homicide-murder-manslaughter-32637-2.html
I'm trying to anticipate an event that would precipitate a "heat of passion" moment with someone that would escalate to the heights whereby the 14yo female victim was partially at fault or responsible for the passionate reaction in the heat of the moment defense.

Involuntary Manslaughter, on the other hand, offers an unintentional homicide from being criminally negligent or reckless conduct. With what I know at this point, I'd go with Involuntary Manslaughter, if not out right murder charges, and disposal of a corpse, which should carry a LWOP sentence within itself.

Where does Republic go to on Wed then? I can't see it being picked up Tuesday but dumped late afternoon Wed unless maybe a smaller route on Wed before heading to dump? Boy that's confusing.

I wonder if those trucks pay a flat rate per load, service contract, or pay by load/weight? Like my DH used to do roofing work. His trucks/trailers were charged per yard so it was beneficial to hold a smaller load until the load was larger. More bang for the buck financial wise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I dug some more... republic does pick up in Arlington right near the landfill on.... you guessed it, Wednesday and Saturday! Now, I'm wondering if they didn't pick her up from a neighboring city. For orientation, the small map of Arlington shows a street called Collins - that is also known as 157 (because we do things bigger in Texas - even double and sometimes triple naming our streets)... also of note, Collins/157 runs from Arlington, right beside the dump, through a sliver of Fort Worth, through Euless, Bedford, and Hurst... it changes names after Arlington and becomes Industrial.

bcaf9b9d2f58ec6e46e830eca409c722.jpg

For what it's worth,the ME doesn't post every death anymore like they used to, regardless of cause. I know BPD released their reason, and I do agree there's more to it.

I can't say a lot of what makes me think what I do, and I could be wrong on my theories...no matter what the COD was, I hope that justice is served.

082c8977260d94e99b9fdab361072bec.png

Whoa... that sounds more in line with admitting there's a serious investigation - the part about working with local, state, and federal partners...

OT - I follow their page since I live near, maybe I should set it so FB tells me when they post new stuff because I missed that in my timeline earlier!

I want to stay positive about solving this case but it's getting harder. It's so weird she just vanished in such a populated area with no one seeing anything. I've lived all over the DFW Metroplex and the population density is pretty significant so I just don't understand why someone didn't notice her anywhere after she left the dog.

Just total speculation and perhaps a rehash of earlier member's posts - perhaps she went willingly with someone else to another location, and to an observer there appeared to be nothing amiss so she simply wasn't noticed/remembered. Or someone got her into an apartment at the complex and was able to conceal her from that point forward.

I mentioned before that if there were other minors involved they would have likely cracked or blabbed about it by now and I think that's still the case. Like many of the crimes here this one is especially frustrating.

I dug some more... republic does pick up in Arlington right near the landfill on.... you guessed it, Wednesday and Saturday! Now, I'm wondering if they didn't pick her up from a neighboring city. For orientation, the small map of Arlington shows a street called Collins - that is also known as 157 (because we do things bigger in Texas - even double and sometimes triple naming our streets)... also of note, Collins/157 runs from Arlington, right beside the dump, through a sliver of Fort Worth, through Euless, Bedford, and Hurst... it changes names after Arlington and becomes Industrial.

bcaf9b9d2f58ec6e46e830eca409c722.jpg

Well isn't that interesting! I trust BPD has tracked it down for certain where we can only assume, but I assume she had to have been picked up on Wed to have been dumped Wed. It wouldn't make sense to hold a load overnight. Statically she likely was placed in dumpster Monday evening.

Now we need maps of RP Wed commercial routes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I want to stay positive about solving this case but it's getting harder. It's so weird she just vanished in such a populated area with no one seeing anything. I've lived all over the DFW Metroplex and the population density is pretty significant so I just don't understand why someone didn't notice her anywhere after she left the dog.

Just total speculation and perhaps a rehash of earlier member's posts - perhaps she went willingly with someone else to another location, and to an observer there appeared to be nothing amiss so she simply wasn't noticed/remembered. Or someone got her into an apartment at the complex and was able to conceal her from that point forward.

I mentioned before that if there were other minors involved they would have likely cracked or blabbed about it by now and I think that's still the case. Like many of the crimes here this one is especially frustrating.

Maybe she went to someone's apartment for some unknown reason, no one saw her or knew she was going there, she was killed in the apartment and taken out like one would empty the trash.
I'm am reminded of Maddie Middleton and how a 15 year old boy invited her in for ice cream at his apartment near hers, killed her and put her in the dumpster.
It was a nice community of artists in Santa Cruz CA, everyone was close and knew each other so they didn't look inside the community right away, they suspected transients from a nearby homeless camp not someone within their protected bubble where everyone trusted one another.
As in this case, they didn't check the dumpster right away or they would have found her sooner, but they did find her before the dumpster was emptied.

Maybe she went to someone's apartment for some unknown reason, no one saw her or knew she was going there, she was killed in the apartment and taken out like one would empty the trash.
I'm am reminded of Maddie Middleton and how a 15 year old boy invited her in for ice cream at his apartment near hers, killed her and put her in the dumpster.

I'd consider Bedford to be big city living even though it's a suburb, because it's right in between Dallas and Fort Worth, people do generally pay attention to what kids/teenagers are up to in their neighborhoods. We've all been there and know it can only take a second for things to go South when you're fourteen or fifteen and just starting to move into a more mature sphere. She wasn't eight years old but still was quite young.

This one's got me flummoxed. Complete stranger who roamed in from outside the area looking for a victim? An apartment complex resident who saw her previously? Or perhaps some associates of hers who are unknown to family or LE. She may have been savvy enough to hide interactions with others if she wanted to. (and no I'm not suggesting she was involved in criminal activities)

Guess all we can do is sit back and let LE do their work.

I think she tied the dog to the fence and ran off to meet up with someone for some reason. Intending to come right back... I wonder if she had ever done this before? Back in my teen days we used to sneak out to smoke cigs.
Hey mom going to walk the dog brb.

Finding this from almost 7 years ago (sorry if already posted)...very possibly unrelated, as we know that searching "attempted abductions" in the area of a case often produces numerous hits similar to RSO maps lighting up like Christmas trees:

11 year old girl escapes attempted abduction, in Bedford Texas
January 6, 2010
https://anypit.com/11-year-old-girl-escapes-attempted-abduction-in-bedford-texas/

January 05, 2010 Bedford, Texas
HEB School Student Abduction Attempt
http://archive.localnewsonly.com/2010LNO/News/01/10_01_05bedfordchildattempt.htm

"This incident occurred near the rear of Bell Manor Elementary School, 1300 Winchester Way, Bedford, Texas, and near Pennington Field Football Stadium on Central Drive."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025