Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was older for a soon to be 8th grader. She may have been held back a year. Just completed 7th grade. Only a baby.

According to MSM, Kaytlynn had just completed 7th grade. She wasn't in high school yet.

From what I've read in the local news they were holding classes in Trinity High School for both high-school kids & junior high kids. Do not know this to be a fact, but I'm assuming that the HEB School District didn't have that many kids registered for summer school so they decided to hold all classes in 1 building to save money. I could be wrong. MSM has reported several times that she was attending school at Trinity High School so that is why I'm assuming this. JMO

Understandable, but the grocery stores haven't moved into the DFW area yet. They are mostly in central, south, & west Texas. I wish they would.

There's one in Burleson I believe. I think that's about as far north as they have gone. There's one in Waxahachie and Cleburn as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's one in Burleson I believe. I think that's about as far north as they have gone. There's one in Waxahachie and Cleburn as well.

Too far south for me :)

All it said in the release was an Apartment in Oak Tree Lane.

When claiming something as a “fact,” you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources such as mainstream media (MSM) or law enforcement (LE).

I am not able to locate a link for information confirming that Kaytlynn was in summer school. Can someone provide a link to that information?

When claiming something as a “fact,” you must prove it. Be able to provide links to information from approved third party sources such as mainstream media (MSM) or law enforcement (LE).

I am not able to locate a link for information confirming that Kaytlynn was in summer school. Can someone provide a link to that information?

There's not one. I questioned earlier but nothing was snipped so...

Oh dear. Looking through the available news links I don't see anything confirming that either. Thanks for reminding us it's easy to speak in haste based on other's observations. Perhaps she wasn't in Summer School but her age still puts her far behind where she should be scholastically.

As an aside, missing a grade was considered a very serious problem when I was a youngster.

Oh dear. Looking through the available news links I don't see anything confirming that either. Thanks for reminding us it's easy to speak in haste based on other's observations. Perhaps she wasn't in Summer School but her age still puts her far behind where she should be scholastically.

As an aside, missing a grade was considered a very serious problem when I was a youngster.

Her age may be due to when her birthday falls. My daughter was a year older than her classmates because she had to start school a year later due to her birthday falling in November. We have to be careful about assumptions.

mod note: Since there is no link for the summer school information please refrain from discussing it or mentioning it.

I don't think releasing her body, if they have, means that cause of death has been established. They would have taken samples for any further testing, etc...
In my mind, there is no reason for LE to hold back manner of death if they know for certain this is a homicide.

Yes there is. Because if a suspect reveals manner of death before it's released that's evidence. They know they got their man.

Her age may be due to when her birthday falls. My daughter was a year older than her classmates because she had to start school a year later due to her birthday falling in November. We have to be careful about assumptions.

So is my daughter, October and she's going in her freshman year at 14. Kaytlynn is a year behind that so my guess is she was held back. My daughter is one of the oldest in her class.

Please disregard if this has already been posted, it is a run down of what happened and how the BPD responded to the 911 call

[video=youtube;sN5D8NKG1Cw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN5D8NKG1Cw[/video]

According to her obituary, her birthday was January 18, 2003. But I agree that we should not make assumptions about why she had just completed 7th grade and not 8th. I know quite a few parents who 'redshirted' their kids in Kindergarten because they believed their children weren't ready for school at age 5. There could be other reasons as well, such as illness, changing schools, etc. Everything I've read about Kaytlynn indicates she was a great student and very intelligent.

It's interesting that LE was at an apartment today, which must be different to the door-to-door questioning they did a few days ago to be mentioned in this way. I hope they have a lead and are making progress to clear up this sad mystery. I think we all might very well be right that an acquaintance or neighbour was behind all this.

Hopefully we hear more soon!

There's been some speculation that the Hurst-Euless-Bedford Police Departments aren't up to the task for this situation but everyone should realize these suburbs are sitting right in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth. Random murders may not happen often there but there are major Federal, State and County resources available to city law enforcement.

My older son started school about a month after he turned 5. In his class there were a couple who didn't start until they were 7 (the oldest Minnesota allows) and a couple others who were held back because they weren't socially ready. I also had a babysitter for him when he was young who had been held back in kindergarten because of her size (she was about KC's size in high school). I don't really understand what difference it makes which grade she was in anyway, but there are many reasons for variations. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018