Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's like 3 months for tox screen. Yes they can test pee for presence of drugs/alcohol but toxicology is needed for specifics. I would bet my Winnebago they aren't really waiting for toxicology though. They're just buying time. Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tests themselves don't take 3 months. If it takes that long it's presumably because there are lots of other cases in front of it. I presume they could ask to expedite if a murder is suspected.

Or, they don't believe she was murdered. There has been very little outcry from anyone, as far as media goes. Seems very quiet to me for a murder investigation of a child. Jmo

It could be death by misadventure too. Given some of the stunts I and some of my peers pulled as children, teenagers and young adults it's a miracle we're still alive. She may have been a good kid but a seemingly small error in judgement along with some bad luck can lead to disaster.

That's something I've tried to inculcate in the youngsters of my family and friends. It's O.K. to have fun and test boundaries but there's always, cold, hard reality sitting there waiting for you to screw up.

The tests themselves don't take 3 months. If it takes that long it's presumably because there are lots of other cases in front of it. I presume they could ask to expedite if a murder is suspected.

I would hope so. I'm feeling very pessimistic right now. If they haven't made an arrest in 3 months, I don't think the case will ever be solved. LE may know who did it but just not be able to find enough hard evidence to prove anything. Just look at the Missy Bever case in Midlothian, Tx. Of course, she was an adult & they had the killer on video even though he/she was disguised. That happened either 2 or 3 years ago & they still haven't made an arrest. JMO.

Somer Thompson :(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Autumn pascall new jersey. ...placed in dumpster.

Thanks for the response.

So, out of curiosity, I'm going to see:

1. Where they were abducted.
2. Location where they were taken to and how they were taken.
* 3. Where they were disposed of/ distance in relation to 1 and 2.
4. How the perp was identified.
5. Landfill?

:lookingitup:

Eta:

Somer:
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ce-about-how-he-killed-somer-thompson-changed

"Harrell initially told detectives he was in his mother’s Gano Avenue home on Oct. 19, 2009, when Somer somehow appeared in a doorway of his home looking for his dog. She started getting nervous and began screaming.

Harrell said he smothered Somer by holding one hand over her mouth and the other behind her head, which he demonstrated for detectives Ken West and Stephen Coyne. He said it occurred in the kitchen.

“She kind of went limp,” he told them in a small room at the Clay County Sheriff’s Office. “So I started to panic.”

He tells detectives how he put Somer in a large plastic box and drove her body to the rear of Fleming Island’s Beauty and the Beef restaurant, where he used to work and left her in a Dumpster. The garbage was hauled away the next day.

Harrell doesn’t initially talk about attempting to rape Somer. But about 40 minutes into the interview, he begins to add more to the story."

Autumn:
http://www.nj.com/camden/index.ssf/2017/05/man_involved_in_autumn_pasquale_murder_injured_dur.html

"Robinson was released from jail in September 2013 after pleading guilty to obstruction for his role in the murder of Autumn Pasquale who was found in a blue recycling bin two days after being reported missing in October 2012. The bin was located on an abandoned property next door to the Robinsons' East Clayton Avenue home.

Robinson and his brother, Justin, were charged in her death. Justin pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter and took sole responsibility for luring Autumn to his house and strangling her."

(O/T:

Woman charged with kidnapping 2-year-old, putting child in dumpster
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...apped-is-found-in-a-dumpster-police/427126558

"Police say the woman, Laquanna Anquanette Thomas, 24, went to a home on the 6800 block of Cartier Circle and took a toddler from a home without the family realizing. Members of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office were called to the home and began investigating.

Investigators eventually made their way to the 5400 block of Golfbrook Drive and found the toddler in a dumpster. Officers say the woman knew the family she took the child from, but couldn't explain the exact relationship."

*thank goodness this baby was found alive.
*the suspect was the ex girlfriend of the child's mother )

Finding another case involving a dumpster:

"WAYNE COUNTY, OH (WOIO) - The body of a missing 9-year-old girl was found inside of a trash dumpster Sunday morning, according to Wayne County police.

Reann Marie Murphy was last seen on Saturday at 5:30 p.m. playing in a mobile home park on Akron Street in Smithville, Ohio.

Authorities searched the area and discovered her body in a trash dumpster near her home at 1:35 a.m."

http://m.nbc12.com/nbc12/pm_/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=od:cBelUJKb

*looking for more info on this case for a comparative analysis (see post #824)

*ugh, I can't believe I'm googling "child's body found in dumpster" :shakehead:

Eta:

"That was the day Metsker kidnapped 9-year-old Reann Murphy -- who lived with her mother and her mother's boyfriend at a mobile home park -- and then tied her up, sexually assaulted her, strangled the girl and placed her bound, naked body inside a plastic tote. He then set the tote inside a Dumpster at the park located at 5912 Akron Road, just north of Smithville."

http://www.the-daily-record.com/loc...two-life-sentences-for-murder-of-reann-murphy

How many miles from the mobile park (point of abduction) to the dumpster (disposal site)?

'All she did was love people': Horror as girl, nine, is found dead in dumpster just hours after her family reported her missing and neighbor, 24, is arrested for her murder
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ead-dumpster-neighbor-24-arrested-murder.html

"Metsker lived in a trailer about 50 yards from where Reann Murphy lived with her family."

(Who knows how many other bodies are out there in landfills...)

I would hope so. I'm feeling very pessimistic right now. If they haven't made an arrest in 3 months, I don't think the case will ever be solved. LE may know who did it but just not be able to find enough hard evidence to prove anything. Just look at the Missy Bever case in Midlothian, Tx. Of course, she was an adult & they had the killer on video even though he/she was disguised. That happened either 2 or 3 years ago & they still haven't made an arrest. JMO.

(Sigh, so many unsolved child murder cases...Abby and Libby, Lizzie and Lyric...:(
and if these perps are not behind bars for another case, well that means they walk freely among us breathing the same air, lpoking for their next victims.)

In this case the body was dumped in Wyoming but ended up in Colorado, as they dump there trash over state lines (gee, thanks...)

This of course wouldn't be the case in Texas I wouldn't think, but noting for reference :

http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...t-dumped-northern-colorado-landfill/92843004/

"Law enforcement agencies on Thursday descended on a Northern Colorado landfill to search for a baby's body believed to have been dumped in a Wyoming*trash can and transported to a facility east of Fort Collins."

I think it's like 3 months for tox screen. Yes they can test pee for presence of drugs/alcohol but toxicology is needed for specifics. I would bet my Winnebago they aren't really waiting for toxicology though. They're just buying time. Moo

When I worked at an ER in Tarrant County, there were a few pediatric deaths that were suspicious to me and I followed the cases on the ME site... it usually took close to 3 months to get a definitive COD listed... they do standard blood/urine for the usual drugs, but they also test tissue and vitreous humor (liquid in the eyeball) which take longer.

I was not 100% sure what they can find from the vitreous humor so I went searching:

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1966150-overview#a4

In addition, combining the concentrations of potassium, urea, and hypoxanthine with varying methodologies has been utilized to better estimate postmortem interval."

So this could help to determine a TOD if decomp or postmortem trauma was problematic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if legally LE could search or at least do a walk through of every unit to observe the residents and the contents, etc? I realize that neighborhood canvassing would be standard procedure, talking to neighbors, etc, andtgat a SW is needed for a formal search, al though residents can voluntarily agree even without a warrant (in which LE could later return with probable cause if they saw something suspicious...they also can not risk evidence dismissed due to unlawful collection)...I guess my question is is there such thing as a blanket type search warrant in a case like this which could legally cover every unit in the building? Probably not...

I think possibly some nearby creepy got her, especially after reading other similar cases. There's also the small possibility of some sort of non-SA related juvenile assault, (bullying, etc), but I'm leaning more towards an abduction by a sexual predator at this time, moo.

Does anyone know if legally LE could search or at least do a walk through of every unit to observe the residents and the contents, etc? I realize that neighborhood canvassing would be standard procedure, talking to neighbors, etc, andtgat a SW is needed for a formal search, al though residents can voluntarily agree even without a warrant (in which LE could later return with probable cause if they saw something suspicious...they also can not risk evidence dismissed due to unlawful collection)...I guess my question is is there such thing as a blanket type search warrant in a case like this which could legally cover every unit in the building? Probably not...

I think possibly some nearby creepy got her, especially after reading other similar cases. There's also the small possibility of some sort of non-SA related juvenile assault, (bullying, etc), but I'm leaning more towards an abduction by a sexual predator at this time, moo.

I agree, probably not. It seems that now days the law protects criminals rather than bringing justice to the victim. I also think that being in an apartment complex would make it even more difficult to collect evidence. If the perp were someone living in the complex, they could be moved out by now or move in the very near future. If LE doesn't have evidence by now, they are not likely to get it unless the perp gets overconfident & starts bragging or there is a deathbed confession. JMO, of course.

Former apt manager here... we had a major crime occur on the property, and we worked with investigators giving any and all info we could. They canvassed the apts but never asked to go in to any to search for evidence, even one we suspected was related (it was). They have to have a search warrant... and I imagine they'd want to get onr anyways just to make sure their case is not jeopardized. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

this is a tough case, assuming no evidence. A neighbor maybe befriended her on the sly and scheduled a meetup using some pretext. A friend of one of her friend's parents could have become fixated and stalked her. A worker or maintenance man at the complex crime of opportunity. A random SK? Unlikely in my opinion.
I think by now the cops know the general area the dumpster was picked up at. I hope they've got someone in their sights but that would call for evidence.. eye witness, dna, surveillance video, phone records. I hope there's a break soon.

Thanks for the response.

So, out of curiosity, I'm going to see:

1. Where they were abducted.
2. Location where they were taken to and how they were taken.
* 3. Where they were disposed of/ distance in relation to 1 and 2.
4. How the perp was identified.
5. Landfill?

Eta:

Somer:
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ce-about-how-he-killed-somer-thompson-changed

"Harrell initially told detectives he was in his mother’s Gano Avenue home on Oct. 19, 2009, when Somer somehow appeared in a doorway of his home looking for his dog. She started getting nervous and began screaming.

Harrell said he smothered Somer by holding one hand over her mouth and the other behind her head, which he demonstrated for detectives Ken West and Stephen Coyne. He said it occurred in the kitchen.

“She kind of went limp,” he told them in a small room at the Clay County Sheriff’s Office. “So I started to panic.”

He tells detectives how he put Somer in a large plastic box and drove her body to the rear of Fleming Island’s Beauty and the Beef restaurant, where he used to work and left her in a Dumpster. The garbage was hauled away the next day.

Harrell doesn’t initially talk about attempting to rape Somer. But about 40 minutes into the interview, he begins to add more to the story."

Autumn:
http://www.nj.com/camden/index.ssf/2017/05/man_involved_in_autumn_pasquale_murder_injured_dur.html

"Robinson was released from jail in September 2013 after pleading guilty to obstruction for his role in the murder of Autumn Pasquale who was found in a blue recycling bin two days after being reported missing in October 2012. The bin was located on an abandoned property next door to the Robinsons' East Clayton Avenue home.

Robinson and his brother, Justin, were charged in her death. Justin pleaded guilty to aggravated manslaughter and took sole responsibility for luring Autumn to his house and strangling her."

There was a young woman named Gina Berger a few years ago, and also a few babies. Janna Rivera and another little boy from Montana I think? And his body was in the landfill in ault county, CO. The babies were never found.

I read a book about a case recently where no cause of death could ever be determined, but the victim did have a few marks on her neck. There was no damage however to her throat, espohogus, muscles etc, so she was not strangled. It was considered homicide only because of how she was found, i.e undressed, clothes found along the road and were able to try the case, but mainly because another woman, also an associate of the suspect and of the first woman, was found in a similar condition, although in her case, strangulation was present. Otherwise, they probably would not have, as her manner of death was ruled "undetermined" and the convicted killer is still appealing based on this fact.

I am not sure a case will be tried if the manner of death, at least, is not established.

I read a book about a case recently where no cause of death could ever be determined, but the victim did have a few marks on her neck. There was no damage however to her throat, espohogus, muscles etc, so she was not strangled. It was considered homicide only because of how she was found, i.e undressed, clothes found along the road and were able to try the case, but mainly because another woman, also an associate of the suspect and of the first woman, was found in a similar condition, although in her case, strangulation was present. Otherwise, they probably would not have, as her manner of death was ruled "undetermined" and the convicted killer is still appealing based on this fact.

I am not sure a case will be tried if the manner of death, at least, is not established.

wouldn't 'suffocation' bring the same result without damage? I don't think an appeal on 'undermined' will go anywhere

wouldn't 'suffocation' bring the same result without damage? I don't think an appeal on 'undermined' will go anywhere

This moron (in the other case) did admit to the crime at one point, he is not going anyplace. But they could not prove suffocation. Sometimes it can leave evidence, sometimes not.

I think if suffucation occurred in this case (KC) there are probably other signs of crime, i.e clothing removed or missing, scratches, debris under her fingernails etc...something should show up as one does not usually simply suffocate someone and do nothing more. Unless killing for an inheritance maybe.

There was a young woman named Gina Berger a few years ago, and also a few babies. Janna Rivera and another little boy from Montana I think? And his body was in the landfill in ault county, CO. The babies were never found.

Oh there was a girl recently in Tennessee too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member