Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think the COD was accidentally released. I do hope and pray they have someone on their radar. If the COD was released intentionally then I'm thinking an arrest is imminent. Poor sweet girl. So heartbreaking.
MOO it was released by mistake. It wasn't posted on their site for long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juveniles can be charged as adults. I would presume a juvenile would likely be charged as an adult (if the perp is a juvenile) in a serous case like this.

One would hope so, but sometimes but sometimes Lady Justice is not only blind, but deaf & dumb as well.

MOO it was released by mistake. It wasn't posted on their site for long.

Are you referring to the medical examiner's website? It was clearly posted on Bedford Police Departments facebook page yesterday.

Sorry but can't recall any such cases from around here. In Texas we are aware of something called "extradition."

Texans are also aware that "extradition" from say, Mexico can be very problematic.

This is especially so if the fugitive(s) in question are Mexican citizens and must be not only located (not always easy), but then usually tried in a Mexican court first before being "extradited".

Even some non citizens, whether they are of Mexican descent or plain jane white boys have been known to benefit from fortuitous releases from Mexican police custody- allowing them to disappear again and making extradition hard.

Are you referring to the medical examiner's website? It was clearly posted on Bedford Police Departments facebook page yesterday.

Nope. I'm talking about the initial release by ME. I think that it was posted mistakenly (and wasn't up on ME public site for long) and then when people saw it BPD had to release what info they did.

I don't know why, but I am getting the little bit older/teenage boy/odd kid vibe. Just MOO

If a teenager is involved in this I have a much easier time believing it was an older male friend over a group of bullies. I think if she was murdered by a group of kids their would be rumors because someone would've talked by now. I also don't believe this was random. I think she was targeted and she knew the person that did this to her. Really hoping for an arrest soon...

If a teenager is involved in this I have a much easier time believing it was an older male friend over a group of bullies. I think if she was murdered by a group of kids their would be rumors because someone would've talked by now. I also don't believe this was random. I think she was targeted and she knew the person that did this to her. Really hoping for an arrest soon...

Agree 100%. I'm hesitant to use the word "friend". Could be an acquaintance or someone she's just seen or briefly spoken to in passing.

My thoughts exactly re: older boy. I do believe she knew him well, atleast well enough to trust being with him. I honestly don't feel a 'bullied by kids" scenario. All just IMO. This sweet little girl deserved so much better..

Agree 100%. I'm hesitant to use the word "friend". Could be an acquaintance or someone she's just seen or briefly spoken to in passing.

The main reason I say "friend" is because of LE repeatedly telling the public "based on the information we have there is no danger to the public." It's such a strong statement that it makes me think this person was close to her, and that they're confident this person won't commit this crime again. BUT their language could be this way because they either already have the perp suspect on other charges, or they have him on 24/7 surveillance and he won't have the opportunity to commit this crime again. So it could just be an acquaintance. Maybe you are right.

If a minor did this we wouldn't be able to tell if he's been arrested or not by checking the records. I'm feeling very impatient.

The main reason I say "friend" is because of LE repeatedly telling the public "based on the information we have there is no danger to the public." It's such a strong statement that it makes me think this person was close to her, and that they're confident this person won't commit this crime again. BUT their language could be this way because they either already have the perp suspect on other charges, or they have him on 24/7 surveillance and he won't have the opportunity to commit this crime again. So it could just be an acquaintance. Maybe you are right.

If a minor did this we wouldn't be able to tell if he's been arrested or not by checking the records. I'm feeling very impatient.

Could definitely be a "friend" or even romantic interest she had. I'm just hesitant to think friend.

That statement bears no weight in my mind. The public in Bedford has strong reactions reactions to this case and have been "panicking" anyway. The public has been so vocal that I think they are just trying to control the temperament. Public opinion is already out of control in my opinion, read the comments of PD FB. In most cases you see public + LE vs. the evil... in this case you see public vs. LE vs. the evil.

We've known this whole time that this was a homicide but they are just confirming this now. I think the delay was again because of the public panic. Also, probably waiting for the perp to slip up. But there are many cases where this is released right away while they continue to wait for the perp to slip up.

All JMO

I agree. I don't read much into police claiming there is no danger to the public. I think they could be just trying to avoid panic other rather than anything else.

I've always felt mom went looking for K very quickly and also called police quickly, as if she had a gut feeling something/someone. Maybe there was an older male romantic interest that was "bad news". I feel so bad for her mother..she went looking fairly soon and still it was too late. Whatever happened, it happened in a short amount of time (about an hour). moo

Has it been definitely confirmed that Katylynn was the person that tied up the dog. If I remember correctly, it was said she tied up the dog, then it was said the "friend(s) tied up the dog. Also, does the family now have the dog. I understand her mom started looking within 30 minutes when she failed to show. (confirmed?) Also LE was notified 1.5 hrs later (after mom searched) or 1.5 hrs from the time she failed to show. Trying to set up a time line and who actually furnished the information. Also, did her dad (stepdad) furnish any additional info on which friend(s) she might have visited when he stated she could have went to visit them. TIA. Please don't read anything into this as I am only trying to set thinks straight for myself. Any thoughts or ideas are just my humble opinion. Thanks you'll.

I agree. I do think that if it were a group of kids in the complex, we would have heard about more search warrants, more interviews at the station, and more rumors around the town about who the kids were etc.

It feels more to me, and I could be wrong, that LE is actually protecting the kids she spoke to last. I feel like maybe they gave some important info about where she was headed, or what she said and LE wants to keep it really quiet.

:cow: :moo:

I agree. I don't read much into police claiming there is no danger to the public. I think they could be just trying to avoid panic other rather than anything else.

Absolutely agree. We have danger all around us. Whoever did this to her , whether 13 or 65 years old, they are dangerous. Whether family or stranger, they are dangerous. She died from homicidal violence and dumped in a trash can like garbage, that person is dangerous. Physically and mentally violent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo