Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an observation at this point and another question for those out there. It was posted earlier that the Texas Rangers and the FBI were involved in this case. The Rangers I can understand, but the FBI being involved usually means a federal law has been broken. The only one I can possibly see here is kidnaping, which would/could men Kaytlynn was taken and had not went of her own free will. Has it been confirmed the FBI is involved and if so was there a reason given. If she was in fact taken, how does anyone know how she arrived at the landfill and what route her body took to arrive there. Our best guess is via trash pickup truck. Also if she was taken, she may have been taken out of the complex before her death. That would move the crime scene. I'm praying LE gives us some solid answers soon. Way to much mystery to this case. All of this is Just My Own Opinion.

I do not know beyond a doubt that FBI is still involved in the investigation. However it was initially reported in MSM that they were. As someone pointed out, the possibility of a kidnapping is one reason. Also, Texas has a huge problem with sex trafficking so that could be another reason for FBI involvement at the beginning of the investigation. We still do not know what law enforcement knows so we don't know if any federal laws were broken. Does anyone know if the perp could be charged with kidnapping as well as murder? IMO, whether or not the FBI is still involved depends on what LE has learned during their investigation & we don't have a clue as to what that might be. I do think they know a great deal but are having trouble finding enough physical evidence to develop an airtight case. JMO of course.

I know this wasn't for me, but I've always, undoubtedly, known she was murdered. Not by "friends", nor a stranger. Of course this is my opinion; I think this was close to home, and DNA evidence is hard to substantiate in certain situations, and can cause it to take more time for the DA to build its case to proceed to trial. I know you know all of this, though. For example: Suffocation. I can't help but think this was someone with a motive. Not that it would be valid, but someone who had a reason, something to gain, or a connection with her to do such a terrible thing.

that would answer alot of the questions

I know this wasn't for me, but I've always, undoubtedly, known she was murdered. Not by "friends", nor a stranger. Of course this is my opinion; I think this was close to home, and DNA evidence is hard to substantiate in certain situations, and can cause it to take more time for the DA to build its case to proceed to trial. I know you know all of this, though. For example: Suffocation. I can't help but think this was someone with a motive. Not that it would be valid, but someone who had a reason, something to gain, or a connection with her to do such a terrible thing.
I totally agree.

Does anyone have confirmed information as to who secured (tied up) Kaytlynn's dog. Found post that stated that she did, also some suggestion she left it with kids and they secured the dog. I understand mom found dog, is that fact? Thanks.

You don't have to have a motive to murder someone, in this case just be a sick worthless coward. Who in the hell kills a 14yr old ? What possible motive would you have except, if you raped her and then wanted to shut her up forever...it's a sick !?$&ing world we all live in these days unlike our grandparents who left the house doors unlocked and kids were safe to play outside back in the day...,

I spoke with city of Euless police officer at a QT station, he said he couldn't comment but different city officers had shared information. So somebody appears to be talking, just not to the public....it appears

I do not know beyond a doubt that FBI is still involved in the investigation. However it was initially reported in MSM that they were. As someone pointed out, the possibility of a kidnapping is one reason. Also, Texas has a huge problem with sex trafficking so that could be another reason for FBI involvement at the beginning of the investigation. We still do not know what law enforcement knows so we don't know if any federal laws were broken. Does anyone know if the perp could be charged with kidnapping as well as murder? IMO, whether or not the FBI is still involved depends on what LE has learned during their investigation & we don't have a clue as to what that might be. I do think they know a great deal but are having trouble finding enough physical evidence to develop an airtight case. JMO of course.

Below is the definition of aggravated kidnapping in Texas -- there is more info at the site, but I just quoted the def. of aggravated (some states call it "1st Degree") kidnapping.

In Texas, the defendant can be convicted of the higher crime of aggravated kidnapping if he or she has committed a kidnapping and had the intent to do one of the following:

• Hold the victim for a ransom or reward;
  • Use the victim as a shield or hostage;
  • Aid in the commission of a felony or an escape after committing the felony;
  • Inflict bodily injury on the victim or sexually violate or abuse the victim;
  • Terrorize the victim or another person;
  • Interfere with the performance of any governmental or political function;
  • Uses or exhibits a deadly weapon during the crime.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/texas-kidnapping-laws.html

Well, they certainly inflicted bodily injury to the point of death. So I guess the perp can also be charged with kidnapping, so perhaps the FBI is still involved. I certainly hope so!

But if she was with this person willingly would it still be kidnapping? I'm wondering if Kaytlynn told the person she left the dog with exactly where she was going and LE has purposely kept that information out of the public.

I don't know. I just hope LE can build a case so tight that a dust mite couldn't wiggle out of it.

But if she was with this person willingly would it still be kidnapping? I'm wondering if Kaytlynn told the person she left the dog with exactly where she was going and LE has purposely kept that information out of the public.

There has to be be information that's been kept out of the media because what we do know just doesn't really add up to any logical scenario.

I would think so. Statutory rape is still rape even though the minor was a willing participant, so if the kidnapper was of age knowing Kaytlynn was a minor I think that wound fall into the same sort of situation.

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

I agree. I do think that if it were a group of kids in the complex, we would have heard about more search warrants, more interviews at the station, and more rumors around the town about who the kids were etc.

Yeah, I'm still leaning that this may not have involved kids around her age or slightly older. I just don't see them able to keep their mouths shut for any appreciable length of time. This one is a tough nut to crack. Wish I could add more that hasn't already been said.

It would be kidnapping if she were kept against her will -- if she wanted to leave after she got to where ever -- said she needed to get her dog, or go home, etc., and he/she would not permit her to leave -- that's what I've always seen with adults. Kidnapping is charged on a robbery in a convenience store, a bank robbery, etc., for example -- people are held against their wills and not allowed to leave.

I do not think she was sexually assaulted.

That's a good possibility -- I agree -- it could have been something else entirely. Whoever did it may have flown into a rage and killed her in anger. Who knoze?

Bragging on time on a website and watching tv trials means nothing to reality...this isn't about you, it's about a 14yr old that deserves justice... I am sorry for disagreeing about yalls opinions, you are entitled to them...

Bragging on time on a website and watching tv trials means nothing to reality...this isn't about you, it's about a 14yr old that deserves justice... I am sorry for disagreeing about yalls opinions, you are entitled to them...
What are you even talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member