Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Once Kaytlynn's body had been found it was my understanding that Arlington Tx police would be involved because the landfill where she was dumped was located in Arlington. It was also my understanding that the Texas Rangers & FBI were also involved in the investigation. I'll be the first to say that Bedford PD does not have a lot of homicide experience under its belt, but the 3 other agencies have a wealth of experience with homicides. I do NOT think that Bedford PD is just winging it without receiving guidance from these other 3 agencies. I think they have a plan. We just do not know what it is. I also think they are keeping Kaytlynn's family well informed. Otherwise, they would be protesting more loudly than any other Bedford citizens. JMO

I'm still seeing the COD on the ME website. Did they remove and then put back up?

I'm still seeing the COD on the ME website. Did they remove and then put back up?

I have no idea. However, I looked just a couple of seconds ago & it plainly states, Manner of Death: Homicide, Cause of Death: Homicidal Violence. It also shows the place of death as Arlington Tx.

Bedford Teen Was Killed; No Word From Police About A Suspect

The medical examiner’s office explains the cause of death, homicidal violence, means there may not be a single, obvious cause of death, like a gunshot wound. The fact that her body was found in a landfill didn’t help investigators.

Also, the medical examiner ruled out that Cargill was shot or that the teenager overdosed.

The medical examiners office said it is finishing up Cargill’s autopsy report, which will have more information on her death. That is expected August 21.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/08/11/bedford-teen-was-killed-no-word-from-police-about-a-suspect/

They definitely removed it... and definitely put it back up. I wonder why?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I agree. I do think that if it were a group of kids in the complex, we would have heard about more search warrants, more interviews at the station, and more rumors around the town about who the kids were etc.

It feels more to me, and I could be wrong, that LE is actually protecting the kids she spoke to last. I feel like maybe they gave some important info about where she was headed, or what she said and LE wants to keep it really quiet.

:cow: :moo:
I agree with you post. I also feel as though LE may be protecting minor aged witnesses. I also think LE has had a POI in their sites since the beginning. We will know soon I think.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Just an observation at this point and another question for those out there. It was posted earlier that the Texas Rangers and the FBI were involved in this case. The Rangers I can understand, but the FBI being involved usually means a federal law has been broken. The only one I can possibly see here is kidnaping, which would/could men Kaytlynn was taken and had not went of her own free will. Has it been confirmed the FBI is involved and if so was there a reason given. If she was in fact taken, how does anyone know how she arrived at the landfill and what route her body took to arrive there. Our best guess is via trash pickup truck. Also if she was taken, she may have been taken out of the complex before her death. That would move the crime scene. I'm praying LE gives us some solid answers soon. Way to much mystery to this case. All of this is Just My Own Opinion.

Fbi get involved in most child killings jmo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by creepcrusher

I'm just not feeling like kids are responsible for this, but that's only my opinion.

ETA - I feel like if kids were responsible we would've heard something by now. Kids talk. I haven't read any rumors anywhere naming certain kids that may have bullied her. If that were the case I don't think it would be this quiet for this long.

I'm with you creep crusher, I think this one will be close to home, more than just location wise. Just a hunch

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Me, three -- From the beginning, I did not think kids were involved. If it had been several kids who were "in on it," I am sure one of them would have been coaxed or scared into telling all. And kids that age, IMO, aren't that organized...

I do think it's someone in the apt. area -- for her to leave her dog, she had to think whatever or whoever would not take very long. She may have been abducted by someone while she was on her way to run a quick errand -- but surely someone would have heard or seen something. I think she knew the person and had no fear of him/her. Again, I agree, it could be someone close to home. She seemed to me to be happy-go-lucky, trusting, & having no fear about going wherever by herself that day, and just a happy, pretty young teenager. Ninij, yes -- close -- just a hunch.

Does anyone know what the requirements are for an Amber Alert? I hear of many cases like this where the alerts are delayed or never issued due to criteria not being met. I honestly would prefer unnecessary alerts as opposed to these missed opportunities. I wonder if there is a cost issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[h=3]Three criteria must be met before the State Police will activate the plan:
[/h]
  1. A child, 17 years of age or younger, has been abducted;
  2. The child is in danger of serious bodily harm, injury or death; and
  3. There is enough descriptive information to believe that an AMBER Alert may help locate the child.
Since 2002 the Massachusetts Child AMBER Alert has been activated 15 times and successfully recovered and reunited 23 children with their families.
http://www.mass.gov/eopss/crime-prev-personal-sfty/amber-alert/amber-alert-criteria.html

What do you think happened?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I know this wasn't for me, but I've always, undoubtedly, known she was murdered. Not by "friends", nor a stranger. Of course this is my opinion; I think this was close to home, and DNA evidence is hard to substantiate in certain situations, and can cause it to take more time for the DA to build its case to proceed to trial. I know you know all of this, though. For example: Suffocation. I can't help but think this was someone with a motive. Not that it would be valid, but someone who had a reason, something to gain, or a connection with her to do such a terrible thing.

Me, three -- From the beginning, I did not think kids were involved. If it had been several kids who were "in on it," I am sure one of them would have been coaxed or scared into telling all. And kids that age, IMO, aren't that organized...

I do think it's someone in the apt. area -- for her to leave her dog, she had to think whatever or whoever would not take very long. She may have been abducted by someone while she was on her way to run a quick errand -- but surely someone would have heard or seen something. I think she knew the person and had no fear of him/her. Again, I agree, it could be someone close to home. She seemed to me to be happy-go-lucky, trusting, & having no fear about going wherever by herself that day, and just a happy, pretty young teenager. Ninij, yes -- close -- just a hunch.
Well, I missed all of these posts. Me, four.

Hi, this is my first post. I've read every page of comments since Kaytlynn's disappearance. I live in a town across the metroplex from Bedford. I'm posting now because I think I may have something to positively contribute.

>>>> respectfully snipped by borndem -- to save space <<<<<

Hmmmm, very interesting. I'm sure lots of us here are saying "Hmmmm" as well. We'll see what we'll see. Great post!

And one more thang,

:welcome: to Websleuths, DharmaJam !! :happydance:We're glad you're with us !! :cheer::cheer:

Honestly, I expected an arrest (or arrests) as early as the 27th of June in this case. I am highly confident that LE knew who was responsible very early in this case. I more intrigued with what it is LE is waiting on - because they are still waiting. I don't think it has anything to do with the autopsy results. It is possible that it is DNA, but I don't think that is it either. I have been wondering if it is communications related and/or where and when certain phones were located and their movement over a period of time - definitely before Kaytlynn went missing and may include after Kaytlynn was found. I am also wondering if search warrants will be served on the person (or persons) before an arrest is made or not or just incidental to the arrest (or arrests).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo