Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am a broken record but it seems to me we will eventually hear that at most, someone may be charged with improper disposal of a body/abuse of a corpse. If they have not determined manner of death by now, it seems unlikely something new will come to light, unless there was a witness. Imo there may never be any charges if no one knows (or admits) how she ended up in the dumpster and if cause of death is up in the air.

Same here -- All I can think now is that LE has somebody in their sights -- someone close by, but their DNA is not on file (IF they have any DNA with which to compare it) -- and are just waiting for him/her to make a mistake, or to tell something that no one but the killer knows, or to leave a trace of DNA somewhere where it is legal to pick it up. SMH. Aggravating, this one...

A 17-yo female was just taken from an apartment complex in south Fort Worth. http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article165141772.html
It doesn't appear to have any connection, especially since this one this morning was motivated by robbery. But, it still is scary to realize how in just a minute, someone can be gone when the wrong person crosses their path at the right time.

I was going to make a thread for the 17 yo but the link has been updated to say the teen they thought had been kidnapped was located and actually believed to be an accomplice in the robbery. :scared:

I still have no clue what happened to Kaytlynn (my opinion changes daily). I hope we get an update eventually.

Bumpity Bump Kaytlynn! We haven't forgotten you sweet girl!

Checking in for updates. I can't believe this case is so quiet. :thinking:

At this point I'm very discouraged. Hopefully this is not one of those cases where they just cannot get enough hard physical evidence to arrest anyone. DNA is such valuable evidence but because Kaytlynn was put into a dumpster helpful DNA would probably be impossible to detect. Police may very well have a strong suspect but can't do anything about it because of lack of evidence.

bbm
That's what I'm thinking -- that's what prolly a lot of us are thinking. SMH.

I wonder if LE thinks it is someone close -- a friend of the family, someone known & respected in the community, etc., and they want to be damm sure they have a solid case before they make an arrest.

Or, they have absolutely no clue... :(

I would be quite surprised if this turns out to be a homicide . . . LE has never used the words abduction, murder, homicide . . . the ME did not determine homicide at autopsy. It looks like this comes down to toxicology, and that means drug overdose, unless you believe someone poisoned this 14 yr. old for some reason.

I don't think we've ever heard what the ME determined. I don't think we've heard much of anything since she was found. But I certainly could be wrong..I'll go back and reread thru the post. No disrespect to you.
I would be quite surprised if this turns out to be a homicide . . . LE has never used the words abduction, murder, homicide . . . the ME did not determine homicide at autopsy. It looks like this comes down to toxicology, and that means drug overdose, unless you believe someone poisoned this 14 yr. old for some reason.

The ME's public search page listed the cause and manner of death as "pending" after autopsy.

The ME's public search page listed the cause and manner of death as "pending" after autopsy.

"pending" does not indicate what has been ruled IN or OUT. We do not know at this point what has or has not been determined as the COD or MOD.

By way of comparison, the Tarrant County ME has the following entries for autopsies that were performed yesterday, August 8:

Suicide/shotgun wound of head (intraoral)

Accident/blunt force injuries du to overrun by motor vehicle

Natural/hypertensive cardiovascular disease and diabetes mellitus

Accident/blunt force trauma of head due to ground level fall

etc.

The point is I believe KC's manner of death would have been listed as homicide if the examination of the body had indicated that.

By way of comparison, the Tarrant County ME has the following entries for autopsies that were performed yesterday, August 8:

Suicide/shotgun wound of head (intraoral)

Accident/blunt force injuries du to overrun by motor vehicle

Natural/hypertensive cardiovascular disease and diabetes mellitus

Accident/blunt force trauma of head due to ground level fall

etc.

The point is I believe KC's manner of death would have been listed as homicide if the examination of the body had indicated that.

Wasn't her case totally removed from the ME site? I haven't looked in a while. I don't personally believe it's drug related but if it turns out to be that then someone put her in that dumpster. IMO

After a few days the Bedford police chief requested the ME to remove KC's entry from the website, so the family could be informed of the cause/manner of death before it became public.

After a few days the Bedford police chief requested the ME to remove KC's entry from the website, so the family could be informed of the cause/manner of death before it became public.

Exactly so why this specific case removed and not others listed as pending? IMO it's going to end up being a homicide.

Why was an Amber Alert never issued?

Why have the words abduction, homicide, murder never been used? It's been called a death investigation.

Why have no "persons of interest" been named?

Why is Oak Farms Dairy not offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest/conviction?

It's been over 7 weeks ...

Why was an Amber Alert never issued?

Why have the words abduction, homicide, murder never been used? It's been called a death investigation.

Why have no "persons of interest" been named?

Why is Oak Farms Dairy not offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest/conviction?

It's been over 7 weeks ...

It did not meet Amber Alert criteria.
There was a reward offered by Crimestoppers.
They don't always name a POI.
They don't always state homicide or murder.

I not trying to argue but I think they do know COD and I think they do have an eye on someone but they just aren't ready to say it. Again this is my opinion.

Wouldnt they notify parents first anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321