Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It did not meet Amber Alert criteria.
There was a reward offered by Crimestoppers.
They don't always name a POI.
They don't always state homicide or murder.

I not trying to argue but I think they do know COD and I think they do have an eye on someone but they just aren't ready to say it. Again this is my opinion.

Why would LE wait?

Another thing is that the chief said more than once that there was no reason to suspect there was an ongoing threat to the community. why would he say this if he knew there was a madman afoot who would kill a 14 year old girl?

Another thing is that the chief said more than once that there was no reason to suspect there was an ongoing threat to the community. why would he say this if he knew there was a madman afoot who would kill a 14 year old girl?
......imho because they know who did this & are delving into forensic evidence to determine motive & if the murder was premeditated to build a rock-solid case

......imho because they know who did this & are delving into forensic evidence to determine motive & if the murder was premeditated to build a rock-solid case

Yes. Haven't followed Libby and Abby's case in Delphi in a long while but IIRC they also said the same as far as no threat yet no arrest and two girls were obviously murdered there.

Yes. Haven't followed Libby and Abby's case in Delphi in a long while but IIRC they also said the same as far as no threat yet no arrest and two girls were obviously murdered there.

They did inform the community to be careful in that case and the locals seem well aware that there IS a danger. Jmo

My best friend is an MD pathologist. he said the initial screening test would take two weeks and would show if there was nothing in the deceased's system. after that there are more expensive tests that must be done to determine exactly what it was and how much . . .
it seems like that's where we are now.
And it doesn't take a rock-solid case to make an arrest.

My best friend is an MD pathologist. he said the initial screening test would take two weeks and would show if there was nothing in the deceased's system. after that there are more expensive tests that must be done to determine exactly what it was and how much . . .
it seems like that's where we are now.
And it doesn't take a rock-solid case to make an arrest.

Wow maybe your friend could consult on lots of cases here on WS.

Curious what your friend makes of this case being removed from the ME site and why this one case and not others that are pending. Also curious if your friend can shed light on how long it would take to determine COD if the deceased may have been crushed or tossed around in a landfill. I'm not being a butt I'm genuinely curious because IMO she wasn't just placed where she was found in the landfill and her little body probably suffered some trauma just being in the landfill.

The police chief said there were no obvious signs of trauma after the body was found . . . of course there could have been massive internal injuries

They say this in so many cases.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

The police chief said there were no obvious signs of trauma after the body was found . . . of course there could have been massive internal injuries

Not true. He said there no obvious signs of trauma that could be reported. Sorry, I have followed enough cases here that I know how to read between the lines. They chose their words very carefully. Moo

-- You're so right --

Maybe I've missed it or forgotten, but when or what case was the last time we have seen an "alert--madman loose -- lock your doors" type announcement? (Excuse the exaggeration, please.) I understand that no Police Chief or Mayor, etc., wants city-wide panic, but seems like some case somewhere would bring out something like -- "if you see something, say something," etc., etc. Could it be that there is a concern that it might bring out vigilantes or similar -- which wouldn't surprise me these days. Dunno. It's late & I'm frustrated...

-- You're so right --

Maybe I've missed it or forgotten, but when or what case was the last time we have seen an "alert--madman loose -- lock your doors" type announcement? (Excuse the exaggeration, please.) I understand that no Police Chief or Mayor, etc., wants city-wide panic, but seems like some case somewhere would bring out something like -- "if you see something, say something," etc., etc. Could it be that there is a concern that it might bring out vigilantes or similar -- which wouldn't surprise me these days. Dunno. It's late & I'm frustrated...

I'm so frustrated as well but I don't think I've seen Leo say panic and dye and cut your hair since the old days of bundy. It just doesn't happen anymore. If I were a gambler I would bet the horse that Kaytlynn was murdered and they have a bead on the perp and just trying not to spook him until they can gather the evidence. This is of corse my own opinion.

Why would "spooking" the killer be a concern if they know who he is and where to find him?

Why would "spooking" the killer be a concern if they know who he is and where to find him?

I'm going to go out on the limb and guess you may not follow a lot true crime. Look around. There are many cases here on WS where LEO doesn't seem to be doing anything only to one day find out they arrested someone and all this info comes out that we weren't privy to. If there isn't enough evidence to charge someone or even make them stay in city or state limits then there's nothing they can do but watch from afar.

Sorry but can't recall any such cases from around here. In Texas we are aware of something called "extradition."

If they don't have enough evidence to arrest him and keep him on ice, then spooking him could make him run and hide somewhere. Or he might work harder getting rid of evidence if he thinks they are on to him.

Maybe not so much "spooking" but they don't want to let him/her know they are on the right trail... folks get sloppy when they think they've gotten away with something - they may say something incriminating that seals the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo