Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing about this case that seems obvious to me is that Bedford PD is not looking for a stranger. They aren't pursuing this as an death that occurred anywhere away from the complex. They are not asking for public assistance in establishing Kaytlynn's movements or whereabouts either on the day she went missing or even prior. They aren't asking the public for assistance with anything - including whether or not anyone had seen Kaytlynn on this street or that street or such and such intersection, etc. Heck, nowhere in this, between the police and the media, have they even said which direction Kaytlynn was alleged to go after tying up the dog and asking for friends to watch the dog even while she was still missing.

When I get to where I can post the link I will - COD - homicidal violence.

I'm so frustrated as well but I don't think I've seen Leo say panic and dye and cut your hair since the old days of bundy. It just doesn't happen anymore. If I were a gambler I would bet the horse that Kaytlynn was murdered and they have a bead on the perp and just trying not to spook him until they can gather the evidence. This is of corse my own opinion.

Agreed -- and interesting -- I started to bring up Ted Bundy when I posted my frustration... and that wasn't until how many girls went missing?!

Why would "spooking" the killer be a concern if they know who he is and where to find him?

Maybe they are still getting enuff evidence together for a Probable Cause statement so that they can get an arrest warrant and a search warrant...

Sorry but can't recall any such cases from around here. In Texas we are aware of something called "extradition."

What the LEO's must have is "Probable Cause" for an arrest or a search.

"Probable cause" generally refers to the requirement in criminal law that police have adequate reason to arrest someone, conduct a search, or seize property relating to an alleged crime.

The probable cause requirement comes from the
Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, which states that:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be searched."

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/probable-cause.html

That's often why it takes so long -- valid reasons must be stated, etc., and presented to a judge, or magistrate in some cases. The judge must read and agree with the PC Statement - s/he then signs it and the arrest and/or search is legal and can be done by LE.

[FONT=&quot]Via Reporter Brandon Fox's Twitter:

"More details on death of Kaytlynn Cargill will come in the autopsy report, due to be completed next month."
[/FONT]

[video=twitter;895742586329210880]https://twitter.com/BrandonToddFOX4/status/895742586329210880[/video]

Seems like such an awfully long wait for her poor family. This sucks.

[video=twitter;895745676478427136]https://twitter.com/CBS11JasonAllen/status/895745676478427136[/video]

Is it possible that the ME posted the cause of death by accident? Were we not supposed to know? Or could there be some other reason for the apparent removal?

hmmm, not just homicide, but homicidal violence. Probably rules out OD. Maybe we can stop positing that theory here because it's not the case. (I know this will still open the gates for all kinds of new "ideas" to justify whatever theory one wants to push here, for whatever reason...)

back to sitting on my hands...

I'll be here for Katylyn and all those who loved her.

hmmm, not just homicide, but homicidal violence. Probably rules out OD. Maybe we can stop positing that theory here because it's not the case. (I know this will still open the gates for all kinds of new "ideas" to justify whatever theory one wants to push here, for whatever reason...)

back to sitting on my hands...

I'll be here for Katylyn and all those who loved her.

I completely agree. People need to stop with the OD rumors. She was murdered. Period. I am so relieved this is out so people can stop speculating she was some kind of drug user. I wouldn't be surprised if the person responsible started those rumors as a red herring.

Update from Bedford Police:
[video=twitter;895748585526108160]https://twitter.com/BedfordTXPD/status/895748585526108160[/video]

Update from Bedford Police:
[video=twitter;895748585526108160]https://twitter.com/BedfordTXPD/status/895748585526108160[/video]

Sure sounds like someone close to her did this imo. No danger to the public, but a homicide.

The Bedford Polilce Department would like to reassure the public, based on the information we have at this time, there is no threat to the public.
From the above posted letter from the Bedford P.D. News Release --

Hmmmm - Interesting... IMO, LE must have a fairly good POI for this one. Perhaps someone known to her whom they are watching -- trying to get a DNA sample (if a reason for one) without him/her knowing it?

.... :dunno: ... :waiting: ... :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member