GUILTY TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, murdered, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand what the 16 year old's family doesn't understand about him needing to stay in jail. Even if he had an ankle monitor on he could still kill someone. An ankle monitor could tell them where the kid was, not what he was doing. I need to go back & read the article again, get his attorney's name & try to do a bit of research.

Frank Adler is the lawyer's name. There is one in Keller Tx that practices Family Law, another in Arlington Tx that practices General Law. I'm guessing, perhaps the one that practices Family Law because of the Juvenile connection. Just my best guess only! JMO

ITA. Ankle monitor doesn't prevent crime being committed, only makes it easier to convict. And it sure doesn't sound like his family could control his behavior before he became an alleged killer. He wasn't even living with his mother at the time of the murder.

It's possible he knew from word of mouth about the dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOURCE1 directed LE to Suspect on 20th (not 23rd). Suspect was interviewed same day in Fort Worth.

Had SOURCE1 been forthcoming on 20th, the best outcome would have been for LE to find KC before she was sent to landfill (still improvement IMO).

SOURCE1 could not have prevented what happenned by disclosing it to mother (given estimated time of death). KC went to Suspect. SOURCE1 played basketball half an hour. Went back to apartment. Messaged her to check her wellbeing and when he did not receive a response, he went back to park to find mother with dog. Mother also called daughter with no response as per the phone records.

It was already too late.

It is also unreasonable to expect him (or anyone in a similar situation) to divulge all the info to mother so soon.

But we would have expected any decent human-being to disclose EVERYTHING to LE at least the next day once his friend was missing overnight.

rsbm

IMO the only thing Source 1 divulged in the interview on June 20th, was that he witnessed a supposed drug message on KG's phone. This was between KG, and the suspect. Source 1 believed that KG was supposed to meet with the suspect in the pool area.

IMO it should not have been unreasonable to expect Source 1 to divulge all the information, if he was so concerned about KG's well being.

Source 1 stated that he was concerned for KG's safety, as the suspect, "has been aggressive and disrespectful to females."

If Source 1 was so overly concerned about KG, why didn't he go to the suspect's apartment? Why didn't he alert anyone as to where she might be?

If KG was murdered sometime between 1800 and 1930, and her mom was not getting an answer on her phone at 1905, was it really 'too late' to be knocking on the suspect's apartment door? We will most likely never really know.

Normal and not normal is relative. Some people keep a closer look at their children than others. In this particular case, I think mother suspected KC was hanging out with the wrong people.

Jenny, what does keeping a closer look at one's children have to do with this? Most responsible parents do that. We have dogs also. 30-mins is an unrealistic timeframe to go after someone when they went out to walk the dog.

So when she goes to grocery store and meets some friend on the road for a quick chat, mother goes out looking for her on the streets?

Mother suspecting KC was hanging out with wrong people, but one of those wrong people is in and out of their home smoking marijuana?

Something is not sounding right about this to me.

IMO the only thing Source 1 divulged in the interview on June 20th, was that he witnessed a supposed drug message on KG's phone. This was between KG, and the suspect. Source 1 believed that KG was supposed to meet with the suspect in the pool area.

IMO it should not have been unreasonable to expect Source 1 to divulge all the information, if he was so concerned about KG's well being.

Given that it is an illegal activity they are involved with, and SOURCE1 does not know KG is dead, yes it is unreasonable to expect him to tell everything to mom so soon when they met at the dog park.

But no excuse for next day.

During the detention hearing, Roache's attorney Frank Adler told the judge that at some point he expects to dispute all of the allegations police outlined against Roache in an affidavit.

Let's see how Frank can spin this.

Playing the blame game and putting the onus on Source 1 is IMO turning a blind eye to others who could have prevented this tragedy.

How far up the ladder do we want to go with the blame?

For example,

What if Kt had friends who knew the suspect she was making dabs for was violent?

What if the suspects girlfriend knew he was violent and prone to abusive patterns?

What if the neighbor next door, across the way, knew what type of person the suspect was?

Are they all to blame for not informing Kaytlynn and/or her mother that she shouldn't be around the perp

Finding a scapegoat rarely makes the situation any better..

My :twocents:

It's possible he knew from word of mouth about the dog

If there was time, perhaps. But he was interviewed next day. There is no time for "word of mouth" and even that gossip was conflicting first few days.
And also he trying to create his alibi with his gf that day.

You do not tell LE next day you saw the dog there and put all your lies in jeopardy.

He knew about the dog. How?

On August 16th 2017 Detective Shelly, Inv Versocki and I went to REDACTED Bedford Texas to interview REDACTED. It should be noted that REDACTED's mother REDACTED was present at the interview. REDACTED provided a time line of events for that day and her conversation with REDACTED on June 19th 2017. REDACTED was in Alabama on that date, but was texting, calling and face timing with REDACTED. She spoke of circumstances of Kaytlynn coming to the apartment to buy marijuana which Kaytlynn was going to later make "DAB" and give it back to REDACTED .

Detective Shelly questioned REDACTED about the hand written note (E-104) found in REDACTED house. He showed the note to her and she stated that it was REDACTED's handwriting. REDACTED stated that REDACTED was attempting to create an alibi with her and told her to write down times and things they would have been doing on that day. She stated that she was suspicious of REDACTED's gap in staying in contact with her around that time that Kaytlynn was supposed to come by the apartment. REDACTED stated that the conversations about his alibi were over Facetime because REDACTED was worried that his telephone conversations were being intercepted.

There you go. It is not ONLY SOURCE1 using the drugs story. Suspect's gf knew of KC's involvement as well.

It is also noteworthy that gf did not mention Suspect trying to create an alibi almost 2 months after the murder and taht was only when LE questioned her about Suspect's handwritten note. Trash.

There you go. It is not ONLY SOURCE1 using the drugs story. Suspect's gf knew of KC's involvement as well.

It is also noteworthy that gf did not mention Suspect trying to create an alibi almost 2 months after the murder and taht was only when LE questioned her about Suspect's handwritten note. Trash.

I'm sorry if this sounds completely ignorant, but is SOURCE1 a male for sure? At one point it was said that it was his brother, and another time it was said that the suspect had lived with SOURCE1 in the past. I guess it doesn't necessarily matter, I was just confused if that was confirmed, though I think it has been.
I also was wondering if anyone else thought that SOURCE1 and the suspect could be in on this together? Maybe SOURCE1 essientially lured her to go to the apartment alone? When she didn't come out of the apartment within a few minutes, why would SOURCE1 not knock on the apartment door? I guess I'm just thinking out loud, here. I'm not trying to insinuate the source had direct involvement, as I said, I'm just thinking out loud and still very confused.

its completely plausible for kids in apt complex to gossip. but at this point no one knows how he knew.

If there was time, perhaps. But he was interviewed next day. There is no time for "word of mouth" and even that gossip was conflicting first few days.

You do not tell LE next day you saw the dog there and put all your lies in jeopardy.

ITA. Ankle monitor doesn't prevent crime being committed, only makes it easier to convict. And it sure doesn't sound like his family could control his behavior before he became an alleged killer. He wasn't even living with his mother at the time of the murder.

Are ankle monitors equipped with an alarm that alerts LE if the monitor is cut off? Maybe family is hoping if they can get him released from jail, he could then make a run for it. We have to remember that the DFW Metroplex has a population of around 7 Million people. It would not be easy to find one 16 year old in such a densely populated area. Just thinking out loud.....................

I'm sorry if this sounds completely ignorant, but is SOURCE1 a male for sure? At one point it was said that it was his brother, and another time it was said that the suspect had lived with SOURCE1 in the past. I guess it doesn't necessarily matter, I was just confused if that was confirmed, though I think it has been.
I also was wondering if anyone else thought that SOURCE1 and the suspect could be in on this together? Maybe SOURCE1 essientially lured her to go to the apartment alone? When she didn't come out of the apartment within a few minutes, why would SOURCE1 not knock on the apartment door? I guess I'm just thinking out loud, here. I'm not trying to insinuate the source had direct involvement, as I said, I'm just thinking out loud and still very confused.

I typed out affidavit parts here wrt SOURCE1. Maybe that can help you understand better: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-June-2017-3-*ARREST*&p=13609065#post13609065
Male for sure -- 5 references as "he" in affidavit. Suspect's bro is different. Yes Suspect lived with SOURCE1 in the past.
I think it is clear with the hammer that SOURCE1 was not on this to murder her and this was Suspect's doing.

Thank God (and the great detective work) that Katylynn's killer is now off the streets :( ....

Now, may she finally, rest in peace

There is no evidence saying he was working on the alibi the next day... he was talking to her on FaceTime the day that K went missing. The police found the handwritten note when they searched the uncle's house in Fort Worth on August 3. The "alibi planning" could've happened sometime later on in the summer after her death was known… I can imagine it going something like this: Suspect - "baby, you know source 1 hates me and he's going to try to pin that murder on me. You gotta help me out."

Despite the fact that a horrendous crime was committed, all of the players in this tragedy are children. Their brains are not mature and they do not make adult choices. Many of their actions are a result of instant reaction and/or fear of consequences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is no evidence saying he was working on the alibi the next day... he was talking to her on FaceTime the day that K went missing. The police found the handwritten note when they searched the uncle's house in Fort Worth on August 3. The "alibi planning" could've happened sometime later on in the summer after her death was known… I can imagine it going something like this: Suspect - "baby, you know source 1 hates me and he's going to try to pin that murder on me. You gotta help me out."

Actually, there is TexasNurse. You might have overlooked this part:

"REDACTED attemtepted to establish a fictitious alibi with his girlfriend REDACTED while she was in Alabama at the time of hte murder of Kaytlynn Cargill"

Despite the fact that a horrendous crime was committed, all of the players in this tragedy are children.

Maybe infants? They are not children in its biological sense -- they are teenagers!

Despite the fact that a horrendous crime was committed, all of the players in this tragedy are children. Their brains are not mature and they do not make adult choices. Many of their actions are a result of instant reaction and/or fear of consequences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wow, definitely don't want you on a jury.. all murderers under 18 are not responsible.. got it.
I guess the age for driver's licenses should be raised.. a 'child' shouldn't be wielding two tons of death down the road.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denny
Back