TX - Kendrick Lee, 8, murdered, 3 sibs abandoned, Houston, 20 Oct 2021 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Am I the only one that feels that the children should be examined by competent professionals and, if the impact on the children's development passed a certain threshold, additional abuse charges should be prosecuted against the mother?

So many irresponsible mothers just walk away from disasters they have caused. Not in this case, obviously. It's like the motorist whose careless driving creates a pileup behind as they drive off.
I cannot imagine she will not get additional charges!

I’m in a few stepmom groups on different social media platforms. There are def moms (and dads too) who keep their kids from the other parent. And there are a lot of dads who just give into the mom and don’t care whether or not they see their kids. But there are also dads (and moms) who fight tooth and nail for visitation and to get the mom (or dad) to comply with court orders.

I did search glorias name in the child support tab of the court case lookup, and it doesn’t seem like the living fathers have done much to ensure they are a part of their kids lives. I know court is expensive, but there are resources if one is really serious about being in their kids lives.

If I remember correctly 2 of the father's were deceased and the other 2 were in and out of the system throughout the children's lives.

Going on previous posts I think the way the Coulter responded while in custody. I am also guessing the questions and responses he gave at the arraignment. If it was drugs he could be there for detox. In the hospital I saw therapy patient's in the psych ward because they were coming down as well to assess what was drugs and what was mental illness. It could also just see if he is all there...

If I remember correctly 2 of the father's were deceased and the other 2 were in and out of the system throughout the children's lives.
I’m surprised she didn’t go after child support from all of them.

If deceased and didn’t have a will: In Texas - if single and have children, then all your property will pass to your descendants.
JMO

If deceased and didn’t have a will: In Texas - if single and have children, then all your property will pass to your descendants.
JMO

I haven't seen yet where we know enough about the household finances to know exactly what funds were coming from where. She was reported to be receiving disability for two of her six children. We don't know if she was receiving child support for any other (either from the fathers or through state benefits as they chased the dads for the support).

I suspect there was a lot of funds coming in from several government programs that should have benefitted her children but clearly did not. But we just don't know yet.

JMO

bbm

Long ago I worked at my state's Social Services.

Every time a person applies for assistance for a child, steps are taken to establish paternity (if needed) and establish any benefits for which that child qualifies. Child support is initiated, and Social Security is checked to see if there is any dependent benefit for this child. If a parent is military, the process of establishing the child as a military dependent is initiated.

When a child is born out of wedlock (legal terms) or otherwise has no legal father steps are taken to establish legal paternity for the child.

It can be difficult to identify the correct alleged father. If Mom knew as Ronnie Snyder, but his name is Burford Ronald Schneider, the worker may have trouble locating him.

If a parent is afraid of the other parent, sometimes a Good Cause document is filed -- there is good cause to avoid contact with the other parent.

Once paternity is established, child support is set up based on each parent's income. If a parent dies, the child then receives Social Security survivor's benefits.

Complicated, at best.

And, there can be another sort of problem.

In my state, there were at the time numerous people in correctional centers who had been sentenced to death. If a Mom named one of these men as the father of her baby, the Social Services worker has no choice but prepare the paternity papers & mail them off to the correctional center. The alleged father gets out of his cell, gets to meet with a counselor, and you guessed it usually signs & agrees to legalize paternity.

The State is stuck.

When I left that agency, there was apparently one man on Death Row who was the legal father of 72 children.

The agency can't bug the mother about it, and the child qualifies for assistance, generally, most often CHIPS medical coverage.

So -- the fathers of these boys may be the men named by Mom, and, well, maybe not IMHO.

jmPo ymmv lrr

Last edited:
I’ve previously posted a link to her affidavit of financial condition, but here is a picture of it as well. Sorry for the blurry quality

Attachments

• AFC209A5-9590-4BA1-90DD-C7F8933BC0C0.jpeg
    AFC209A5-9590-4BA1-90DD-C7F8933BC0C0.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 57
bbm

Long ago I worked at my state's Social Services.

Every time a person applies for assistance for a child, steps are taken to establish paternity (if needed) and establish any benefits for which that child qualifies. Child support is initiated, and Social Security is checked to see if there is any dependent benefit for this child. If a parent is military, the process of establishing the child as a military dependent is initiated.

When a child is born out of wedlock (legal terms) or otherwise has no legal father steps are taken to establish legal paternity for the child.

It can be difficult to identify the correct alleged father. If Mom knew as Ronnie Snyder, but his name is Burford Ronald Schneider, the worker may have trouble locating him.

If a parent is afraid of the other parent, sometimes a Good Cause document is filed -- there is good cause to avoid contact with the other parent.

Once paternity is established, child support is set up based on each parent's income. If a parent dies, the child then receives Social Security survivor's benefits.

Complicated, at best.

And, there can be another sort of problem.

In my state, there were at the time numerous people in correctional centers who had been sentenced to death. If a Mom named one of these men as the father of her baby, the Social Services worker has no choice but prepare the paternity papers & mail them off to the correctional center. The alleged father gets out of his cell, gets to meet with a counselor, and you guessed it usually signs & agrees to legalize paternity.

The State is stuck.

When I left that agency, there was apparently one man on Death Row who was the legal father of 72 children.

The agency can't bug the mother about it, and the child qualifies for assistance, generally, most often CHIPS medical coverage.

So -- the fathers of these boys may be the men named by Mom, and, well, maybe not IMHO.

jmPo ymmv lrr
Um… wow and yikes.

Kids like this, are literally disabled by the neglect and abuse. They pass critical developmental stages, without learning, and it is impossible to reach normal development past these time frames.

Genie (feral child) - Wikipedia

I have worked with children like this, usually the parents are drug addicts who severely neglect the children. I personally have not worked with children that have been in a situation like this, but unfortunately, quite similar.

It takes years to "unlearn" the dysfunction. School is focused on behavioral issues. Normal learning, like reading, writing, is almost impossible until behavioral issues are addressed. Most people don't understand how many problems kids raised in an environment like this have. Just sitting in a desk, for five minutes, can be an IEP goal.

I am sad to say that the future for these children is a long road uphill. Their maladaptive behavior usually ends up with them placed in youth mental health facilities. Normal foster care families usually can't manage their issues.

I remember seeing the Genie story on NOVA. Very disturbing case.

What was their end game by leaving the boys alone in March? They knew K was dead & how. There had to be some kind of drugged up mind set here. Mom doesn't sound very caring at all. Something happened to her. jmo

BC appears to be so out of it in videos, to me, that he could rationalize killing children easily. No remorse.

It more or less is evil what they did. jmo

This happened with 3 children out here in AZ a few years back. Locked in their house with mom & step dad who just starved them and beat them, tortured with blaring music. I still don't understand that one either.

Terribly sad. The only thing I could even give this woman is she got him away from the remaining children possibly. But doubt she thought of it by herself or the reason why they moved. Selfish and evil but they never thought of being caught?

Police: 3 sisters imprisoned in Tucson home, tortured with music | CNN

Last edited:
This is probably the most horrendous case of child abuse and neglect I’ve ever heard of and it reminds me very much of the Turpin children. Their parents got 25 years to life and I hope this pair get much, much more.

LE always say that once you’ve smelled a decomposing body you’ll remember it for the rest of your life. That those poor boys had to endure this just makes me want to heave. I hope none of the children went into that room where little Kendrick was found because ... I can't bring myself to say what they would have seen. As a neighbour had complained of the odour, I don’t understand why management didn’t investigate it. It’s the stuff of nightmares.

The supervisor of the homicide unit, Sgt. Wolfford, described the boys as "special needs children," noting that early information indicates that at least two of the boys have autism.

Alief ISD confirmed that in 2019 and 2020, the school district filed truancy papers against the mother. Two of her children apparently failed to show up to school. District officials said the kids were last enrolled in May of 2020. A September 2020 home visit went unanswered, according to the district.

Brothers describe 8-year-old boy's beating death in their family home in new court details

[snipped by me for focus]
LE always say that once you’ve smelled a decomposing body you’ll remember it for the rest of your life. That those poor boys had to endure this just makes me want to heave. I hope none of the children went into that room where little Kendrick was found because ... I can't bring myself to say what they would have seen. As a neighbour had complained of the odour, I don’t understand why management didn’t investigate it. It’s the stuff of nightmares.

Brothers describe 8-year-old boy's beating death in their family home in new court details

It has been reported that the remaining brothers were, at times, purposefully locked in the same bedroom that there brother lay decomposing in by Coulter and mom was aware and did nothing. :( It really doesn't get more horrific.
Houston abandoned children case: Horrific new details revealed | khou.com

Kendrick's "mother" has no defense. She 100% knew her children were being horribly abused and that Kendrick was dead in the apartment. She lived with her own son's decomposing body and then left her remaining children in that house with their dead brother. She has no defense whatsoever, she knew about it and didn't do anything.

REPEAT REMINDER:

ADMIN REMINDERS

- At this time, discussion of any other children who were not living in that apartment is NOT allowed.

- ALWAYS include a LINK to info you are posting as facts. It is NOT acceptable to post “I can’t find the link but I remember seeing ____”. That is called a RUMOR and a TOS violation, and there are consequences to violations.

- Please DO NOT post questions that only moderators can answer on the thread. Send those questions in a Report/Alert or a PM. Putting them on the thread is considered OFF TOPIC and a TOS violation.

Include LINKS, don’t talk about any other children who weren’t living there, and ask MODERATORS questions in Reports/Alerts. That’s it!

We are happy to help!

Faithfully,
CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

While you may post MSM articles that mention a daughter, at this time we have no verification from authorities yet that a teen daughter is a child of one of the suspects. For now she is off limits for discussion. We trust the authorities are investigating this thoroughly, and we at Websleuths do not need to drag her name into this discussion at this time. May the children all be safe and secure in a healing and loving environment for the rest of their days.

THANKS for keeping this in mind!

What annoys me, is that this woman, obviously had enough cognitive abilities to manage her own activities of daily living, probably had numerous access to multiple sources of income, and managed to hide the dysfunction from authorities for a significant period of time.

Now, she is probably going to have an assessment from some young gal, and completely manipulate the system again. The woman will manipulate providers into thinking that she is low functioning, illiterate, and was unable to manage the most rudimentary activities of daily living for herself, let alone numerous children in her care.

Oh. Poor woman! She needs treatment and therapy, not punishment.

That is how these psychopaths operate. They live lives of manipulation and deceit. Lying and obtaining sympathy is their typical modus operandi. I have no doubt that this woman has had numerous encounters with social workers, teachers, and others who have "tried to help" this "poor woman".

It takes years of experience to see these psychopaths and how manipulative they are. And that is when people call experienced workers "burned out" and "cynical". I won't go into the rest of the words applied to people who have spent a lifetime trying to help kids in these situations.

The best ones leave. Often because they have been beat down by the system. Not the job.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSP MORSE
Back