GUILTY TX - Kilgore, 'Lavender Doe' WhtFem 483UFTX, 17-25, in woods, burned, Oct'06 - Dana Dodd

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just wanted to put this out there. I would take the killers recollection of Dana with a grain of salt.

I have noticed killers have lied about certain details. Like her stealing money from him sounds weird to me. How would she steal money right in front of him in a confined place like a car?

IMO he likely forced her into the car with him or coerced her in some way then raped her. I mean in cases where there is semen evidence I have seen rapist/killers lie about it being consensual and paint the situation like the victim 'wanted it' and 'wanted him'. Like they are stroking their own egos. Just putting that out there. I read an article about her best friend and or sister talking about that detail and it made me sad.

I just wanted to put this out there. I would take the killers recollection of Dana with a grain of salt.

I have noticed killers have lied about certain details. Like her stealing money from him sounds weird to me. How would she steal money right in front of him in a confined place like a car?

IMO he likely forced her into the car with him or coerced her in some way then raped her. I mean in cases where there is semen evidence I have seen rapist/killers lie about it being consensual and paint the situation like the victim 'wanted it' and 'wanted him'. Like they are stroking their own egos. Just putting that out there. I read an article about her best friend and or sister talking about that detail and it made me sad.

this could be true, but also she could have been struggling with addiction and needed money.

Longview man who killed ‘Lavender Doe,’ second woman, gets 50 years in prison

A man has pleaded guilty to the murders of two women in a Longview court.

Joseph Burnette, 43, is accused of the 2006 murder of the then-unidentified woman dubbed ‘Lavender Doe”, who was identified in 2018 as Dana Dodd of Jacksonville. He is also accused of the 2018 killing of Felisha Pearson of Longview.

On Dec. 15, 2020, he pleaded guilty to two murder charges and a sex offender charge. He received three 50-year sentences, which he will serve concurrently.

Longview man who killed ‘Lavender Doe,’ second woman, gets 50 years in prison

Thursday night on “Dateline” on NBC, the nation learned about a unique story, where three people who looked up ancestry data turned into amateur detectives to find an identity.

The background: A woman was found on an oil lease off Fritz Swanson Road north of Texas 31 on Oct. 29, 2006. She was deceased, and her body was facedown in a burning woodpile.

No one in Longview, or even across the nation, was looking for someone who matched her unique description. She was a Jane Doe and was buried in Longview on Dec. 23, 2006.

The late Jimmy Isaac, a reporter with the Longview News-Journal at the time, wrote in a past article that, “Unlike most cases, investigators worked backward to learn their victim’s identity after learning who ‘the bad guy’ was.”

That sentence was the focus of the “Dateline” episode.

“We had a confession, but we didn’t know the name of the victim. That’s not the way it’s supposed to go,” retired Gregg County sheriff’s Lt. Eddie Hope said during the episode.

The show, called “The Woman with No Name,” aired Thursday and is available to watch online.

Amateur internet investigators Kevin Lord, Lori Gaff and Missy Koski along with now-DNA Doe Project’s Margaret Press were featured during the show.

The story went on to explain how they helped track down Amanda Gadd, the half-sister of Dana Lynn Dodd.

The search was over. Dana Lynn Dodd was Lavender Doe.
Anderson: The community that never forgot Lavender Doe

Thursday night on “Dateline” on NBC, the nation learned about a unique story, where three people who looked up ancestry data turned into amateur detectives to find an identity.

The background: A woman was found on an oil lease off Fritz Swanson Road north of Texas 31 on Oct. 29, 2006. She was deceased, and her body was facedown in a burning woodpile.

No one in Longview, or even across the nation, was looking for someone who matched her unique description. She was a Jane Doe and was buried in Longview on Dec. 23, 2006.

The late Jimmy Isaac, a reporter with the Longview News-Journal at the time, wrote in a past article that, “Unlike most cases, investigators worked backward to learn their victim’s identity after learning who ‘the bad guy’ was.”

That sentence was the focus of the “Dateline” episode.

“We had a confession, but we didn’t know the name of the victim. That’s not the way it’s supposed to go,” retired Gregg County sheriff’s Lt. Eddie Hope said during the episode.

The show, called “The Woman with No Name,” aired Thursday and is available to watch online.

Amateur internet investigators Kevin Lord, Lori Gaff and Missy Koski along with now-DNA Doe Project’s Margaret Press were featured during the show.

The story went on to explain how they helped track down Amanda Gadd, the half-sister of Dana Lynn Dodd.

The search was over. Dana Lynn Dodd was Lavender Doe.
Anderson: The community that never forgot Lavender Doe
I just found out about this case by watching a rerun of this old episode of Dateline, and Keith Morrison mentioned Websleuths.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MerrieBee
Back