Found Deceased TX - King Jay Davila, 8 months, taken by a woman from the car, San Antonio, 4 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully BBM. Imo, CD didn't "intentionally" harm baby King. I think CD was high on meth and behaving erratically while playing his video games and somehow got carried away and forcefully knocked the baby and carrier off the bed with enough force to cause a fatal injury.

Makes me sick thinking about the conditions this poor child (and his siblings) have endured. I'm glad this case has generated so much public interest and hope that translates into stricter punishments, increased proactivity from CPS and ultimately fewer instances of such aggregious neglect.

You are assuming that CD's version of events is the truth (pretty sure it's not) and that someone other than CD caused him to be high on meth (also, pretty sure it was voluntary if true). He killed his child. Period.

That sweet baby girl. Unbelievable really. How can we stop this, what can we do? It's heart breaking to read story after story knowing there's probably thousands more we never hear about.
I‘m afraid there are no easy answers. Personally, I believe good education is a key to child abuse, crime, and drug use prevention. And of course better health care, social services, and a strong and supportive community. But there are people more knowledgeable than I am in this field who have already developed strategies. Those just need to be enforced and put on the agenda.

I don’t think imprisoning parents after the fact will change much in general. The USA already has the highest incarceration rate of the world. To break the cycle, prevention is the key. Unfortunately, there are no quick solutions.

I‘m afraid there are no easy answers. Personally, I believe good education is a key to child abuse, crime, and drug use prevention. And of course better health care, social services, and a strong and supportive community. But there are people more knowledgeable than I am in this field who have already developed strategies. Those just need to be enforced and put on the agenda.

I don’t think imprisoning parents after the fact will change much in general. The USA already has the highest incarceration rate of the world. To break the cycle, prevention is the key. Unfortunately, there are no quick solutions.
I’d add that it seems CPS was aware that there was some neglect or abuse going on in Grandma’s home for them to remove 5 kids. It is just tragic that there wasn’t a case for King too.

That sweet baby girl. Unbelievable really. How can we stop this, what can we do? It's heart breaking to read story after story knowing there's probably thousands more we never hear about.

In my 20 years of teaching Special Education, at least 50% of the students I had, were disabled because of violence done to them. Mostly Shaken Baby Syndrome. I know that sounds like a shocking statistic.

I am also including children who had behavioral problems as well, due to gestational abuse, meaning the Mother used drugs during pregnancy that affected the fetal development.

50%. I stand by that statistic. I haven't really seen any studies on this issue. It is interesting, because when Special Education statistics are reported, it is based on disability. Maybe we should also include reason for eligibility.

In my 20 years of teaching Special Education, at least 50% of the students I had, were disabled because of violence done to them. Mostly Shaken Baby Syndrome. I know that sounds like a shocking statistic.

I am also including children who had behavioral problems as well, due to gestational abuse, meaning the Mother used drugs during pregnancy that affected the fetal development.

50%. I stand by that statistic. I haven't really seen any studies on this issue. It is interesting, because when Special Education statistics are reported, it is based on disability. Maybe we should also include reason for eligibility.
Thank you for your reply. It's just incomprehensible to me, but I have a very close family member that is a high ranking child services officer for her state and she never had children. She says she can't because of what she has seen the past 20 years. God bless you for your service.

Thank you for your reply. It's just incomprehensible to me, but I have a very close family member that is a high ranking child services officer for her state and she never had children. She says she can't because of what she has seen the past 20 years. God bless you for your service.

Thank you. It was a calling. From the time I was little, I always wanted to work with blind children. Perhaps it was reading about Helen Keller.

I could never work with CPS. I was offered a contract, for developing a training curriculum, even that I didn't want.

I have found that substance abuse is often a factor with child abuse and neglect. If parents are habitual users, there are problems.

Thank you. It was a calling. From the time I was little, I always wanted to work with blind children. Perhaps it was reading about Helen Keller.

I could never work with CPS. I was offered a contract, for developing a training curriculum, even that I didn't want.

I have found that substance abuse is often a factor with child abuse and neglect. If parents are habitual users, there are problems.

I worked with SED teens in a group home for several years. The stories tear your heart out of what these kids go through. I had a 15 year old girl tell me she knew she wouldn't make it to 20 because of her addiction to meth. :( I definitely think kids raised around substance abuse/child abuse and neglect are very likely to follow the same paths as their parents. I have a feeling this might be the case with this family. IMO the grandparents are just as involved in everything as CD. MOO

My daughter is a social worker (Bless her soul) and has said many times substance abuse is the number one factor, however she has been shocked to find that the other huge factor is just neglect....these parents just don't care. UGH... I feel if you don't want the child, give it up for adoption, there are a lot of couples who would LOVE to have a child to raise in a loving home.

Very cool, I enjoyed reading about her as well. Kids want to learn and thrive with love, nurturing, patience and kindness. The very simple and basic forms of humanity really and I just don't see how it can get so wrong.

My daughter is a social worker (Bless her soul) and has said many times substance abuse is the number one factor, however she has been shocked to find that the other huge factor is just neglect....these parents just don't care. UGH... I feel if you don't want the child, give it up for adoption, there are a lot of couples who would LOVE to have a child to raise in a loving home.

One of the most frustrating things I learned, when I worked in an elementary school, in the office, was the amount of neglect seen in some homes. And what was very frustrating, was when someone, a teacher, a principal, another parent, would offer to help get a child to and from school, or offer to set them up in the 'clothes for school' program, or free eyeglasses, etc, OFTEN the neglectful parent would react negatively and reject any help for the child. On one hand, they'd make excuses for why they can't get their child to and from school consistently, or why their child had dirty clothes on or too small clothes or no coat. But if offered brand new free clothing, or an offer to be picked up by a car pool, they would balk angrily and say they didnt need help. It was very frustrating sometimes. Same reason they will not give the child up to adoption. JMO

One of the most frustrating things I learned, when I worked in an elementary school, in the office, was the amount of neglect seen in some homes. And what was very frustrating, was when someone, a teacher, a principle, another parent, would offer to help get a child to and from school, or offer to set them up in the 'clothes for school' program, or free eyeglasses, etc, OFTEN the neglectful parent would react negatively and reject any help for the child. On one hand, they'd make excuses for why they can't get their child to and from school consistently, or why their child had dirty clothes on or too small clothes or no coat. But if offered brand new free clothing, or an offer to be picked up by a car pool, they would balk angrily and say they didnt need help. It was very frustrating sometimes. Same reason they will not give the child up to adoption. JMO
ITA, they don't want the child or the "burden <in their eyes>" of them, but they don't want anyone else to have them either. Not uncommon in drug addiction and/or mental health situations especially. I'm sure you've seen a lot in your job and I appreciate you and all the others who work on the front lines. God Bless.

Adoption gets hard with kids living in situations with neglect. Even those pulled at a young age can have a lot of issues and can have a hard time finding homes to take them in. They end up in group homes or foster care system which then drops them at 18.

Adoption gets hard with kids living in situations with neglect. Even those pulled at a young age can have a lot of issues and can have a hard time finding homes to take them in. They end up in group homes or foster care system which then drops them at 18.
So true CMO3, and then the cycle keeps on being repeated most often. :(

Affidavit: Father Leads Police to Body of Baby King Jay Davila . WTH the mom knew what he did I really was trying to give her the benefit of doubt
Wait, what? JG, baby King's mother knew he had been injured? SMDH. IMO this whole case stinks. I'd bet dollars to donuts that mom knew exactly what happened, which explains her concern for King herself that she was being blasted on SM and her use of past tense. Multiple mothers of multiple babies, the lies, the coverup and so many family members knowing the poor baby lay buried in a backpack . Accident my fanny.

I don't care what dad says happened I know this child lived in a hell hole just like we see every day in the threads here. That his own mother didn't care enough about him and instead lied through her teeth defending his murderer makes me sick to my stomach. As far as I'm conerned they all should rot in jail until the end of time. MOO.

Wait, what? JG, baby King's mother knew he had been injured? SMDH. IMO this whole case stinks. I'd bet dollars to donuts that mom knew exactly what happened, which explains her concern for King herself that she was being blasted on SM and her use of past tense. Multiple mothers of multiple babies, the lies, the coverup and so many family members knowing the poor baby lay buried in a backpack . Accident my fanny.

I don't care what dad says happened I know this child lived in a hell hole just like we see every day in the threads here. That his own mother didn't care enough about him and instead lied through her teeth defending his murderer makes me sick to my stomach. As far as I'm conerned they all should rot in jail until the end of time. MOO.

Have they said that she knew yet? I know they were investigating her, but article you linked was talking about the grandma- CDs mom.

There was a correction to that article. Original it said King Jay’s mom was told. It was corrected to CD’s mom was told.
There is a newer article floating around saying the “ accident” happened at the home CD shares with JG. If that’s the case JG definitely knew. Either was I’m pretty certain she knew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum