GUILTY TX - Laredo - Grizelda Hernandez (Mom) & Dominic (1 Year Old) Murdered by Border Patrol Agent Boyfriend - Death Penalty Sought - 2018 April 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thought I would post this trial I'm watching now. Ronald Anthony Burgos Aviles had an affair with Grizelda - Dominic was their baby. He didn't want anything to do with Dominic, she was trying to get child support, so he killed both of them.

Stories

I listened to opening statements today. Thank God this monster was so stupid!!

For sure! I'm not sure why I'm so into this case, but I'm finding it fascinating, more so than many of the other trials I've watched.
Agree, maybe because the opening is so riveting. He tried to kill Dominic by injecting him with something, two weeks prior to actually murdering him? just finishing day 1. This guy is subhuman.

I’ve been watching……this guy is a monster. Baby killer…serial cheater. Imagine killing a baby and his momma….trying to erase them. Sick sick sick. How i hope he suffers whatever life he has left.

after that he’ll be a fishing worm : )

eta: then he will become fish poop.

For sure! I'm not sure why I'm so into this case, but I'm finding it fascinating, more so than many of the other trials I've watched.
I'm hooked. Just watched both prosecution and defense opening. I found the prosecutor's statement though, impactful and easy to follow. I hung on to prosecutor's every word. He sounds very prepared and made it clear there is plentiful evidence.
The defense opening lasted only a few minutes focusing on the unreliability of cell phone data the state will present. moo

I'm hooked. Just watched both prosecution and defense opening. I found the prosecutor's statement though, impactful and easy to follow. I hung on to prosecutor's every word. He sounds very prepared and made it clear there is plentiful evidence.
The defense opening lasted only a few minutes focusing on the unreliability of cell phone data the state will present. moo

The witnesses will pull you in even more. This case has really grabbed my heart.

The only problem is the sound quality is terrible at times.

Watching first witness, Grizelda's sister Angie, a nurse. She is testifying about the toxic injection Ronald Burgos Aviles (baby father, suspected killer) administered to Dominic, his own son. The baby is in a lot of pain. The 18 month old had been walking for several months. He became unable to walk anymore.

I get the feeling Grizelda's (baby mother) family is close-knit, caring and supportive of one another. The sister is so likable. I get a bad vibe from baby's father, the suspected killer. To me he projects a tough-guy attitude in court. His shirt top button undone, tie worn loose. He doesn't care about making a good appearance. moo

Last edited:
Day 2- BP Agent Lara - with uncontrollable emotion, at the moment he's told Burgos may be the killer. I've cued it up at the time I want you all to see. "We're supposed to be the good guys" ...

I’ve been watching……this guy is a monster. Baby killer…serial cheater. Imagine killing a baby and his momma….trying to erase them. Sick sick sick. How i hope he suffers whatever life he has left.

after that he’ll be a fishing worm : )

eta: then he will become fish poop.
I like the way you think, "Really?"! [". . . after that he'll be a fishing worm : ) "] That is positively poetic -- and so fitting! Then . . . the outcome is absolutely perfect! That could be his epitaph!

DAY 1 – 6/26/23
  • The jury hears opening statements
  • Ronald Anthony Burgos-Aviles allegedly lured Grizelda Hernandez and her one-year-old son, Dominic, to Father McNaboe Park in northwest Laredo.
  • Grizelda Hernandez was stabbed 27 times. Her injuries were to her head, face, chest, back, arms, and hands.
  • “The evidence will show this baby (Dominic) was being hunted. Not by a creature or animal, but by his own father,” D.A. Isidro Alaniz said during his opening statement.
  • Dominic Hernandez was stabbed twice, once to the chest and once to his neck.
  • A toxicology test was not requested during the autopsy of Dominic Hernandez to determine the injury to his left thigh.
  • Burgos-Aviles met his son for the first time in March 2018. The meeting was cut short because Dominic had an injury to his left thigh which doctor’s describe as a spider bite.
  • Grizelda Hernandez met “Anthony Burgos” online in 2015.
  • Burgos-Aviles was married with two children, ages 10 and 3, at the time of the murder. His wife is also a Border Patrol agent.

DAY 2 – 6/27/23
  • Jurors see surveillance video of Burgos-Aviles arriving home at 10:27 a.m. and leaving his home ten minutes later on the day of the murder.
  • Grizelda Hernandez’s best friend testifies that she encouraged Grizelda to get a restraining order after Burgos-Aviles sent her a threatening message.
  • Grizelda Hernandez knew little about Burgos-Aviles and began searching the internet for information and his address to serve child support paperwork. She discovered that he was married with two children during the search.
  • Cell phone data was extracted from the phones belonging to Grizelda Hernandez, Dominic Hernandez, and the defendant.
  • Border Patrol Agent describes finding Dominic’s body in a bushy area near the Rio Grande River.
  • The defense attempts to show that the Border Patrol Agents’ testimony changed after learning their supervisor was the main suspect in the murders.
  • An unsolicited, tearful response from a witness causes a strong emotional response from the victim’s family when he stated, “we’re supposed to be the good guys.”
  • WATCH: Mistress & Child Murder Trial: Day 2

DAY 3 – 6/28/23
  • Law enforcement officials with the Laredo Police Department testify to hearing the radio transmission that Burgos-Aviles was the possible suspect in the double homicide.
  • Jurors see Dominic’s clothing, shoes, and stroller during testimony.
  • A Laredo Police Officer testifies to seeing a woman pushing a stroller through the park at 9:56 a.m.
  • According to investigators, it would have taken Grizelda 10-15 minutes to walk to where her body was located.
  • Burgos-Aviles demanded that detectives take him to the home of who was blaming him for the crime to identify him.
  • Detectives say they observed red markings on Burgos-Aviles’ arms.
  • WATCH: Mistress & Child Murder Trial: Day 3

DAY 4 – 6/29/23
  • Cell phone data shows that Ronald Anthony Burgos-Aviles was in Father McNaboe Park at or about the time of the homicides.
  • The phones belonging to Grizelda Hernandez and Burgos-Aviles traveled to another area of Laredo after the murders and then both phones returned to the crime scene.
  • Dominic’s blood was found on the tailgate of Burgos-Aviles’ patrol unit.
  • Investigators found a letter from the Texas Attorney General’s Office, dated March 13, 2018, informing him where to submit his child support payments.
  • WATCH: Mistress & Child Murder Trial: Day 4

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back