GUILTY TX - Laredo - Grizelda Hernandez (Mom) & Dominic (1 Year Old) Murdered by Border Patrol Agent Boyfriend - Death Penalty Sought - 2018 April 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Heartbreaking seeing the last images of poor Grizelda and Dominic going to their doom. You just want to reach out to stop them.

Not one speck of remorse from this creep for anything he's done. Dude's a psycho and he had a badge and was in charge of people in the field! Terminate with extreme prejudice in my opinion.

A lengthy list of text messages between Grizelda and RABA (Ronald Anthony Burgos Aviles) is being read in court this afternoon. He sounds like a total deadbeat dad. Doesn't want to acknowledge his son's existence. Doesn't want to pay a penny in child support. RABA sits at the defense table with his tough guy face, appearing like he doesn't have a care in the world.

I'm behind for the day, but I'm loving this detective. He's putting the last nails in Burgos' coffin.
Loving this detective too. He had a little slow start but soon developed confidence and momentum. He really shined for the prosecution. Glad to know someone else is watching the trial. Court resumes tomorrow 9 a.m. RABA time.
OH, I'm enjoying the witnesses and entire cast of legal eagles.

I've noticed he has tidied up his look. Buttoned shirt, necktie tightened.
I can't look at him for too long. He looks like he wants to suck his own thumb, and is just waiting for the cameras to shut off so he can have a good go. Such a wierd position for his hands to be. like he is measuring his nose for hours.

He seemed to disappear off the radar way back, ( it was before Watts, ) that I thought he was already done and dusted , but somewhere along the line I have missed his defence. His explanation, so to speak. Has he spun the line that Grizelda killed her own son in front of him so he had to take familial revenge?. I recall Watts tried that one on. Or .. she killed both herself and his son, and he took her phone to maintain her dignity?.. That he saw a bushy haired stranger running along the Rio Grande, too fast for him to catch?

So far, the defence has taken the position that everyone is wrong.... Coroners, Professors of medicine, Border Patrol officers, State police, other police, supervisors, detectives, her family, the weather, the conjunction of the planets, the alignment of Jupiter, everything was working AGAINST Ronald that day. But i have not picked up on what they claim happened to their unfortunate client. Have they said it somewhere?

A worthy man, happily married, father of two, wakes up one morning, shaves,showers, combs his hair, spruces up his uniform, goes off to work and lo... behold, he finds a body of a woman, brutally savaged, he calls in help, the help comes flying in and finds another body, a baby, also brutally murdered, how terrible . And then, it turns out it is his former girlfriend and the son she had by him!.....He didn't know!

That is one unlucky man, right there.

Thankyou for these clip, I am in front timewise, but it all happens during the night for me. When, or IF he testifies, I intend to sacrifice sleep, I long to see him being cross examined. The smarmy creep.

Was there ever a more useless and ridiculous question than that asked by poor Mr Pena to the detective?

' You spoke to other people who know Ronald, detective, and did any of them speak of his violence??"

(Det)' I spoke with two, and nooooo'.....

Like as if Ronald is going round punching people, the Ronalds of this world pick their victims carefully, no large men, and as if that is the only indicator of violence. I don't doubt for a minute that Ronald has been slapping people around with impunity for a long time.

Ronald was able to stab a small woman 27 times, and a baby , his baby twice, plus injecting him with some poisonous substance, Ronald found ,, like all men who kill women and children, that the degree of violence necessary, or desired , or available is ready and waiting, just the trigger is all, which only they know, is all that's needed, and sometimes, not even that, merely a bad mood.

The dynamic on the defence table is absorbing to me, 3 women on that table and only one is allowed, or cares , to deal with Ronald, the other two totally ignore him, not even a glance. but Goldilocks is focused on Ronald's every breath and snort. Ronald into little notes, and minute tiny little sneers,she, ever attentive, pens a little sentence back to him.. a lip curl, when the detective was reading out the messages between Ronald and Grizelda he was quivering with rage in his suit, his arms were shaking , ,he hated that segment. His fury was exhausting him.

The positioning of his hand is weird. I can’t tell if he’s self soothing or trying to hide his face. I’m also very distracted by the female attorney’s hair who sits next to him.

My takeaway today was the time of Griselda’s last Snapchat that day- 9:44 am. Her attack and murder happened shortly after. I’m wondering why no one heard anything, I have to look again at the map. But I’m sure the baby was crying, he must have been so scared watching what was happening.

The positioning of his hand is weird. I can’t tell if he’s self soothing or trying to hide his face. I’m also very distracted by the female attorney’s hair who sits next to him.

My takeaway today was the time of Griselda’s last Snapchat that day- 9:44 am. Her attack and murder happened shortly after. I’m wondering why no one heard anything, I have to look again at the map. But I’m sure the baby was crying, he must have been so scared watching what was happening.
I'm with you on that timeline, in that the baby watched his mother going down. He would have had to kill her first, no way could he have gotten away with the injection stuff again. He took the knife with him. ( the cost of the treatment for Dominic's leg . tests, consultations, pharmacy, etc must have been a worry to her, also, no Univeral health cover, the horror, the horror ) .

And she thought he wanted to see the baby. Otherwise she would have gone alone, but that would do Ronald no good, they both had to go.

I reckon those Border Patrolmen, and the Laredo Police folks were shocked to the core that it was one of their own. Even though, and probably because of that Border Patrol serial killer, who killed women,( of course, ) from Laredo about 4 years ago. Not another one....

Waiting for today's trial coverage. I think they are about an hour late, haven't found a link yet.

Saw this thread and just started watching on and off yesterday so I missed a lot. For anyone who’s watched this, can you tell me about the spider bite/injection? Did doctors assume it was a spider bite but it was actually an injection mark? Or is this just suspicion and only speculation? Either way I’m trying to find out what the deal is.

Aggravating to see him just sit there as if he’s bored. This case is extremely, extremely sad. Baby D would turn 7 this month iirc. :(

Eta: tuned in and they were talking about instructions. So are closing arguments coming up? I was interested in seeing whether or not he’d testify though I’m thinking he wouldn’t.

Today is a lot of hurry up and wait. The state rested its case. Then, big discussion in court: Defense questioned the credentials of the pathologist that testified earlier this week. Defense asked judge to strike her entire testimony because they believe she is not certified in Pathology. Pathologist is driving to court from out of town so she can return to the stand to clear up the misunderstanding. She's due to appear at 2:30 p.m. RABA time. This is a first for me after watching hundreds of trials. Did anyone catch court today?

Saw this thread and just started watching on and off yesterday so I missed a lot. For anyone who’s watched this, can you tell me about the spider bite/injection? Did doctors assume it was a spider bite but it was actually an injection mark? Or is this just suspicion and only speculation? Either way I’m trying to find out what the deal is.

Aggravating to see him just sit there as if he’s bored. This case is extremely, extremely sad. Baby D would turn 7 this month iirc. :(

Eta: tuned in and they were talking about instructions. So are closing arguments coming up? I was interested in seeing whether or not he’d testify though I’m thinking he wouldn’t.
Pathologist was the only person who testified the she believed the wound to be an injection, not insect bite. During the days after her testimony, the defense team researched her and determined she isn't certified in her field. So now the pathologist is returning to the stand to explain herself. She's returning the stand as I type.

Last edited:
Pathologist was the only person who testified the she believed the wound to be an injection, not insect bite. During the days after her testimony, the defense team researched her and determined she isn't certified in her field. So now the pathologist is returning to the stand to explain herself. She's returning the stand as I type.

Thank you!! Of course, I have to leave and will miss this. Trying to watch the next few minutes.

How could this happen? That would be a huge error on the prosecutions part..no? Expert must be an expert..

Thank you!! Of course, I have to leave and will miss this. Trying to watch the next few minutes.

How could this happen? That would be a huge error on the prosecutions part..no? Expert must be an expert..
The expert was an expert. This was a matter of defense grandstanding after putting on a shabby showing throughout the trial. ( To be fair, the defense had absolutely no defense...nothing to show to convince the jury RABA is innocent.)

Defense wanted Judge to strike the injection testimony from the trial. It was a last ditch effort by defense to convince jury that the pathologist was wrong about the injection wound. Actually defense's efforts to get testimony struck backfired. Judge ruled to have the pathologist/medical examiner called back to the stand to help clear up the misumderstanding. The pathologist is a certified medical examiner who apparently functions in the role of pathologist. She passed all the pathologist exams but is not certified. She also looked good on the stand second time explaining her long list of qualifications. In the end, I thought the defense looked loopy. It is up to the jury to believe whether the wound was an insect bite or toxic injection. The wound is all moot anyway because RABA ultimately stabbed the poor baby to death, just as he did the mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back