GUILTY TX - Laredo - Grizelda Hernandez (Mom) & Dominic (1 Year Old) Murdered by Border Patrol Agent Boyfriend - Death Penalty Sought - 2018 April 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The expert was an expert. This was a matter of defense grandstanding after putting on a shabby showing throughout the trial. ( To be fair, the defense had absolutely no defense...nothing to show to convince the jury RABA is innocent.)

Defense wanted Judge to strike the injection testimony from the trial. It was a last ditch effort by defense to convince jury that the pathologist was wrong about the injection wound. Actually defense's efforts to get testimony struck backfired. Judge ruled to have the pathologist/medical examiner called back to the stand to help clear up the misumderstanding. The pathologist is a certified medical examiner who apparently functions in the role of pathologist. She passed all the pathologist exams but is not certified. She also looked good on the stand second time explaining her long list of qualifications. In the end, I thought the defense looked loopy. It is up to the jury to believe whether the wound was an insect bite or toxic injection. The wound is all moot anyway because RABA ultimately stabbed the poor baby to death, just as he did the mother.
Ah, ok, thanks for explaining. I only got to listen for a few minutes when she was back on the stand. I did hear her listing off a bunch of stuff.

And when she was asked whether she stands by her earlier idea about a puncture/injection wound and she said yes. She sounded sure and confident.

Can’t imagine this jury will take long at all.

Thank heavens I caught up with you'all ( as they say over there ) before I invested time in watching the court stream first. I will watch it later on now, now that I know he is not testifying, not that he would ever have had the cojones to do that Far too much exposure for Ronald. But I had hoped.

The defence team was terrible, far too much confected outrage and too many futile attempts to muddy waters and place false tracks.... the unsuccessful strategy of trying to impeach expert witnesses appears to have continued today, the same script as tried on with each one who testified, except the police and the Border Patrol. They were not instructed by their client to go after them, apparently. But Ronald must have instructed Pena to sink the boot into his wife. What a .

I was prepared to give a nod to Mr Pena, the lead defence, but he well and truly blotted his copybook when he made a remark to the effect that BOTH mr and mrs Burgos-Aviles were unfaithful in their marriage, thereby in one unguarded moment of peeve kicking poor Mrs B-A under the bus, along with a murdering fool for a husband,and destroying his clients one and only claim to defence , that he didn't want his wife to find out, ..but she already knew he was a wandering idiot. Mr Pena played the part of a courtly hidalgo , cluttered up with inconvenient details about his client, who is not smart, and the witnessess testifying for the prosecution who were without exception , off the rails smart, and of a certain degree of competence not often seen.

There was a definite air of kindness and boundless compassion ( not often seen in any court ) about the prosecution witnesses. From the patrolman,, to the borderpatrol people, the Laredo police, the detectives, the medical examiner, the pathologist, her suffering sister, the broken hearted friend, and the echoes of the motherless son at home with the daughterless grandmother...

The sight of Ronald and his strangely coiffured duenna won't be missed, that was disturbing to watch, and inexplicable, since he had no intention of testifying, perhaps she was there to comfort and keep him somewhat sedated. In that, she did succeed, he only managed to sneer and lip curl a lot, but mostly hours of holding his own head up in his murderous hands.

The big mystery to me is why he pled not guilty. Such overwhelming evidence against him, which he must have known existed and was preserved and unravelled by the very organisation he knows intimately, their skills and technology that he knew about more than most, the prosecutor himself, that he was aware of, the location of cameras and sensors and the digital reconstruction capacity, he knew all this.

He would have had to give a sample of his DNA on employment to eliminate him from crime scenes, it didn't need Grizelda to tell anyone he was the father , once the baby's blood was spilled, his connection to Dominic would have been revealed within minutes,

The defense closing was pitiful. But then, they had nothing to offer.
The case has gone to the jury, We are in Verdict Watch!
Please tell me, surely, there would not be juries anywhere in the world that would see Ronald as an avenging angel, weeding out uppity women and their unwanted offspring who wander round Laredo seeking good honest upstanding men to bring undone and ruin. That Ronalds bank balance has more validity than Dominic. That she and the baby will be seen as lesser and Ronald as more.

i am not sure that I believe Ronalds feeble try and throwing out about wanting to keep his marriage and job and whatnot. I think he was just furious that she had him over a barrel, and had disobeyed his precise instructions and asked for assistance financially. He just did not want anyone on earth directing instructions to him, he did the directing of instructions , not some woman.

Court just went back on record.Jury just returned from dinner and sent note to judge saying they want to go home and start fresh again tomorrow. Judge is telling them he wants them to stay and deliberate. Judge also stated Penalty phase will begin tomorrow 1 p.m. Judge wants a verdict tonight and does not want to separate jurors. This was all caught on live stream and is worth viewing if you have a chance to go back and watch.

THE DEFENSE DIDNT CALL A SINGLE PERSON TO THE STAND!!!! Whaaaat!!!? Not even a character witness! I’m dying. ( I don’t count the recall of the doctor)
If the jury doesn’t come back tonight with a guilty verdict I’d be shocked. I truly believe he did inject young Dominic with something hoping that would take care of his child support issues. Maybe he tried a second time and she caught him this time and it led to him murdering them both. He’s a disgrace. I hope he has a horrible life in prison and is forced to think of his actions every damn day.

Also— there were a lot of comments about his hand position. I honestly think he did that to avoid smiling and keep his face mute.

Curious if anyone thinks there isn’t enough evidence for a guilty verdict?

That was the worst closing argument by a defense I've ever seen! Not one single fact brought forth except to argue the injection site might be a bug bite. Puuuuhleeese!
It wasn't just the closing!! That was the worst defense team I've ever seen. I'm seriously worried about his conviction potentially being overturned. The debaucle today over the ME's qualification and the way the judge handled it is top of my list. But overall they simply performed poorly, FGS this is a death penalty case - :oops:

Not one mitigating factor, not one character witness for the defence...

In all fairness, the defence did not have a leg to stand on, in any aspect of this crime. His own brother officers arrested him. Discovered his crime. He reported his own crime. He did everything, everything wrong. The perfect crime in that sense.

The judge says the entire case is not over, no one is released...

YES!!! Guilty! I've been thinking about this all day. Grizelda was about as cool as anyone could be in asking this crud for child support and some responsibility. She wasn't abusive. She never got angry or demanding. Never got over her head in her dealing with him. She was calm, cool and collected. Then she and Dominick were ambushed and killed for nothing.

By all accounts she was an incredibly strong and motivated person who got caught up with a monster. She was on a path to better things and then this murderer couldn't deal with her. Such a depressing case. Such beautiful lives wasted before they could get away from him. So very, very sad.

I hope his days are numbered.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back