GUILTY TX - Laredo - Grizelda Hernandez (Mom) & Dominic (1 Year Old) Murdered by Border Patrol Agent Boyfriend - Death Penalty Sought - 2018 April 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Law & Crime cleaned up and boosted the audio on Burgos-Aviles' interview with police. It's still not perfect, but it's way better than during the live

Appreciate this video. I'm fascinated with this trial and am binge watching through the weekend. Great witnesses so far. The border agent who was at the scene is offering amazing testimony against this despicable killer who happened to be his supervisor.
moo

This is such a heartbreaking case. What is this guy’s defense? Is he saying someone else did it and he was set up? How ridiculous. I don’t know how defense attorneys defend people like this. And that female attorney that’s sitting next to him just seems so outrageous…I was waiting for her to wrap her arms around him to comfort him when crime scene photos were being shown.
anyone have any info on this guy’s wife? I assume she’s an ex wife at this point.

This is such a heartbreaking case. What is this guy’s defense? Is he saying someone else did it and he was set up? How ridiculous. I don’t know how defense attorneys defend people like this. And that female attorney that’s sitting next to him just seems so outrageous…I was waiting for her to wrap her arms around him to comfort him when crime scene photos were being shown.
anyone have any info on this guy’s wife? I assume she’s an ex wife at this point.
She is a bit unusual. When questioning her sister, I wanted to gag, sounded so phony IMO.

Law & Crime cleaned up and boosted the audio on Burgos-Aviles' interview with police. It's still not perfect, but it's way better than during the live

I still can’t make out what being said, frustrating because it’s key to the case.

If someone has better ears than I, what defense is he offering for finding the bodies and being at the scene?

This is definitely easier to understand. Thank you for finding and posting.

wowza…….I love the detective that loses it a bit at around 50:00..
he had been getting updated info via texts all through the questioning.

I missed a bunch of stuff the first time.they knew he was guilty.

I suddenly became fascinated by this trial. Why I find outrageous, relentless stupidity fascinating, I have no clue, but this bloke takes the cake. He would , out of 350 million people in the USA be the prime suspect, the only suspect. The only one with a compelling reason , motive , means, to murder both Grizelda AND Dominic. Sitting right there in Laredo.

re the wife, I find it odd, for no particular reason, that she also is a Border Patrol Agent. And no one gossiped to her?? ...

That patrolman, who was dispatched to the body, and discovered , along with the other chap, the small body with his little brown booties on, was a man of such profound dignity and resiliance.

To think that he only met his son 2 weeks before he murdered him, but at that meeting, in the park, he must have actually taken with him the instruments he used to inject his son with a lethal substance. Plainly, he didn't just accidentally find the injector lying somewhere on the ground, exactly where he co incidentally stood. Planned and executed without remorse or regret. To cripple the baby before he killed him...

I am still catching up, but is it known what ronald injected into his son , as yet? THE pediatrician says it was an 18 gauge needle, and co incidentally , an 18 g needle was found in Ronalds lunch box thingy.............

Venom?? what would Ronald have access to?? quick access, nothing that he has to wait for in the post, or try and get scripted for himself. Has to be something lying around that Ronald could access unobserved.

Succhinoyose?? ( bad spelling , it's what doctors murder their inconvenient wives with. Leaves no trace after doing it's lethal work ) Succinylcholine... that's it..

I'm not sure we'll ever know what was in that syringe. As the ME said, there are hundreds of possibilities. Absent some idea of what he used, they haven't ran any tests. Though she did excise a portion of the thigh and preserved it for future testing.

AB sits at that table, hand on his face - as casusal as if he were attending a conference somewhere. I keep looking for a sign of regret, but so far - zippo.

Like other posters, I continue to be fascinated with this trial. The senseless stupidity of the killer and his sheer lack of empathy is hard to wrap my head around. Added to that, I can't figure out how this failure of a defense team was chosen. They don't appear to be public defenders, and I think if the border patrol's union was involved with selection of the defense attorneys, they wouldn't bring in this group of low-performers. Grizelda and baby Dominic had a loving, caring family and it's clear to see how heartbroken they are. I don't know if this is a DP case. In general, I oppose the DP, but I think this murderer definitely deserves. it.

I believe judge says court resumes Wednesday (July 5) morning

I'm not sure we'll ever know what was in that syringe. As the ME said, there are hundreds of possibilities. Absent some idea of what he used, they haven't ran any tests. Though she did excise a portion of the thigh and preserved it for future testing.

AB sits at that table, hand on his face - as casusal as if he were attending a conference somewhere. I keep looking for a sign of regret, but so far - zippo.
The medical examiner was a champion.. such crisp evidence, beautifully delivered, a real backhander that the defence sought to impeach her, unsuccessfully, I truly believe that it will be known , what he did to that baby. People blab and Ronald , to me, looks like a man who's entire day and night was taken up projecting an image of himself that was fuelled by fantasy.

What a face he has, eminently slappable, i do not believe he could have he smarts to manufacture anything like that himself, so it stands to reason, someone else was inveigled to produce it for him. Or, he has an enabler. Or he has left a trace a mile wide where he obtained it from. All that medical supergal needs is a hint and then she can go to town on the sample.

And she is anticipating that, with relish, was what I gleaned from her testimony. Her and Anjelica, the sister, what a soldier she is, what a formidable pair they are. Anjelica didn't even need to meet him to know him thoroughly, inside and out, she was on the money re Ronald.

Dr. Fernandez told jurors that based on his findings, Baby Dominic’s death was not instant and believes the injuries both sustained to the neck came from someone who knew that a wound to that area would be fatal.

Before Dr. Fernandez took the stand, the jurors were shown the nearly two hours of the interrogation video between Burgos and Police on April 9, 2018.

The video shows Burgos saying, “I didn’t do (expletive) I know it’s (expletive) crazy, but I didn’t do (expletive). I did nothing wrong against this chick.”

During the interrogation, police tell Burgos Grizelda’s family had told officers she and her son Dominic were going to meet Dominic’s father; a Border Patrol agent at the park by the name of Anthony Burgos.

Police questioned Burgos on the chances of discovering the body plus being someone he apparently knew.

Minute after minute, the exchange between the officers and Burgos gets heated when they ask repeatedly for Burgos to come forward with his relationship between Grizelda and her son Dominic.

“Burgos one of them is possibly your son that was murdered -- that’s possibly your son -- burgos that’s possibly your son that’s dead,” said the officer.

Burgos then tells officers his relationship with Grizelda was “Cool” and when asked about Grizelda asking for child support, Burgos said they were quote going through the process.

In the video, one of the officers asks Burgos if he told his wife that he possibly has a son with Grizelda to which Burgos replied, “I was waiting to know, before it’s said.”

Burgos went on to say that his wife did not know.

The officer then shows Burgos crime scene pictures of baby Dominic and Grizelda asking Burgos once again, if he knows what happened to them.

“I’m not going to (expletive) sit here and take the (expletive) blame. For something I did not (expletive) do,” said Burgos.

“That’s Grizelda, can you tell that’s her?” The officer asked.

Burgos replied, “No I can’t tell that’s her.

Ronald must have believed that Grizelda should have been invested with wanting to keep his reputation and his marriage as much as he did. That she had an obligation to keep his secrets,,even though that meant starvation for her and his son. She had no way of keeping the secret once her pregancy began to be obvious. But he should be able to keep his secret, just because.

I don't know where to look it up, but I think in many states in the US, a single mother must pursue the putative father before claiming health benefits etc for the child, and the mother as well, I presume. Perhaps it is even more rigid in Texas, it being such an rabid anti social welfare state. Grizelda may have had no choice in putting her case before the Dept, re the support payments.

That letter from Child Support enraged him, obviously. They had his address! his whole name!..

I am assuming he will testify.. it being a death penalty trial, not much point in not at least attempting to have the last word. He is so repellent ,, though. The jury has watched him for 5 days now, unengaged, disinterested, contemptuous, unmoved by the most horrendous , chilling testimony from fellow law enforcement officers, 5 days of Ronalds bone deep unchanging relentless stupidity writ across a Texas court for all to see, for all time. That face with all human entity removed entirely .

He did not do one clever thing.

He seemed unable to comprehend simple laws of physics and even his own profession's motto, Locards 'every contact leaves a trace'.. something of his left on her , something of hers left on him, he either did not understand, or he did and ignored it, feeling capable of beating those odds.

Last edited:
To me he projects a tough-guy attitude in court. His shirt top button undone, tie worn loose.
I cant help but notice that he meets the common definition of handsome and being a "lady's man".

As a side note, behavior such as obsessive grooming or projecting a certain self image (tough guy etc. ) can be common with some types of perpetrators:

- Dr. Mengele of Aushwitz infamy was noted as being handsome. His fellow SS trainees described as being obsessed with his uniform appearance- even by their standards. His surviving victims also described him spending long periods in front of a mirror getting the "Dr. Death" presentation down and "casually" tossing his hat on at an angle for a rakish look.

- Scott Peterson, also noted as being stand out handsome, kept up his sophisticated 'n debonair "olde money" image even while "assisting" in the search for his wife.

- Chase Merrit, who murdered the Mcstay family was handsome for his age. He was also said to request news studio make up services to enhance a "rugged cowboy" image before giving interviews etc.

- The husband of a murdered Utah woman was noted for not only donning a "survivalist" look, but also for going to lengths to conceal his receding hairline before giving press conferences about his "missing" wife. Though the guy did not strike me as being exceptionally handsome, believing oneself to be can be "half the battle"- right?

Last edited:
I think if the border patrol's union was involved with selection of the defense attorneys, they wouldn't bring in this group of low-performers.
My guess is that the Border Patrol Union, like say, the teachers unions, routinely provides support that can make firing perpetually poor performing people very, very difficult.

The Border Patrol union could well provide assistance with defense from certain claims of misconduct while on duty. The misconduct could rise to the level of murder charges.

But.... I am thinking the "B team" performance by his attorneys is not from poor union choices. Rather, they have nothing to do with the defense. Instead, the B team crew is due to:

A. Lack of cash.
B. Circumstances of the case (murder of an infant etc) are too horrendous to attract "A team" attorneys offering pro bono or discounted rates in hope of show casing their skill and generating advertising publicity.

I cant help but notice that he meets the common definition of handsome and being a "lady's man".

As a side note, behavior such as obsessive grooming or projecting a certain self image (tough guy etc. ) can be common with some types of perpetrators:

- Dr. Mengele of Aushwitz infamy was noted as being handsome. His fellow SS trainees described as being obsessed with his uniform appearance- even by their standards. His surviving victims also described him spending long periods in front of a mirror getting the "Dr. Death" presentation down and "casually" tossing his hat on at an angle for a rakish look.

- Scott Peterson, also noted as being stand out handsome, kept up his sophisticated 'n debonair "olde money" image even while "assisting" in the search for his wife.

- Chase Merrit, who murdered the Mcstay family was handsome for his age. He was also said to request news studio make up services to enhance a "rugged cowboy" image before giving interviews etc.

- The husband of a murdered Utah woman was noted for not only donning a "survivalist" look, but also for going to lengths to conceal his receding hairline before giving press conferences about his "missing" wife. Though the guy did not strike me as being exceptionally handsome, believing oneself to be can be "half the battle"- right?
I've noticed he has tidied up his look. Buttoned shirt, necktie tightened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
capturedlive
Back