GUILTY TX - Laredo - Grizelda Hernandez (Mom) & Dominic (1 Year Old) Murdered by Border Patrol Agent Boyfriend - Death Penalty Sought - 2018 April 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bet they are going to try to use his testosterone injections as a mitigating factor.
I truly thought I had mis heard that particular piece of evidence.. testosterone ?... oddly, it seemed to me that he was losing his hair a bit, and his face had heavied up, became ,.. well.. like a sort of pantomime Widow Twankey kind of face. I do wonder what is behind that medical intervention that he was undergoing ( enjoying? ) back then, and if it continued during his detainment while awaiting trial.

He must have been very young when this therapy started, 23?... 22?? usually not reccommended at that age, and the side effects are respiratory problems, and some cardiac irregularities... it does affect the prostrate, but it does not make a man a killer of women and babies. He was that regardless of whatever substance he injected into himself. That is what he is.

Ah, didn’t realize the verdict came back last night though not surprised. Strong case, imo.

I’m wondering if the sentencing will take long, considering the defense didn’t really … present a defense. (Not that there was one to give). Not sure how many things they can offer as mitigating circumstances.

Ah, didn’t realize the verdict came back last night though not surprised. Strong case, imo.

I’m wondering if the sentencing will take long, considering the defense didn’t really … present a defense. (Not that there was one to give). Not sure how many things they can offer as mitigating circumstances.
Since it is a death penalty case, the penalty phase is almost like a separate trial. It could last as long or longer than the guilt phase.

I truly thought I had mis heard that particular piece of evidence.. testosterone ?... oddly, it seemed to me that he was losing his hair a bit, and his face had heavied up, became ,.. well.. like a sort of pantomime Widow Twankey kind of face. I do wonder what is behind that medical intervention that he was undergoing ( enjoying? ) back then, and if it continued during his detainment while awaiting trial.

He must have been very young when this therapy started, 23?... 22?? usually not reccommended at that age, and the side effects are respiratory problems, and some cardiac irregularities... it does affect the prostrate, but it does not make a man a killer of women and babies. He was that regardless of whatever substance he injected into himself. That is what he is.
@Trooper . You have me googling testosterone injections.

It wasn't just the closing!! That was the worst defense team I've ever seen. I'm seriously worried about his conviction potentially being overturned.
I think your sleep is safe.

Texas law requires that claims of judicial irregularities by a trial court including claims of a biased judge, a stacked jury, or, in this case, incompetent defense attorneys must be demonstrated in an appeal to be at the level of "egregious" and "shocking to the conscience".

Evidently, this standard is extremely difficult to demonstrate - even in death penalty cases as more than a few abolitionist legal groups have found out.

In short, once convicted in Texas and absent new evidence that could prove actual innocence, one is, well, sunk.

Been watching on courttv, and still have no idea on what he could have injected child with to cause the baby's leg to get hard like was said by the mother. were there any drugs mentioned as a possibility?

Wow. He’s a son grandson etc … ok? The victims were loved and important to their families too.

That child WAS his family and he brutally killed him. So how important is family to this guy.

Oh… consumed with the culture of LE??? He did the opposite of enforcing laws. He broke them in a major way. Oh he’s gonna be a target and hunted? He hunted his victims. so.

This is so frustrating.

When your own lawyer admits how obvious it was that you did the crime

Still in opening statements— I’m glad the defense is using the lawyer you can actually understand today. Sounds like phase two is where the defense really spent their time prepping rather than focusing on trying to defend him with so much evidence. Still shocked at the lack of witnesses before resting.

Gawdddd I just want to throw something at him.

Wow. He’s a son grandson etc … ok? The victims were loved and important to their families too.

Oh… consumed with the culture of LE??? He did the opposite of enforcing laws. He broke them in a major way.

This is so frustrating.
I would view it as "standard".

In the end, murderers for personal gain like this defendant simply don't give the defense alot to work with. Their family connections can be very nominal or non existent.

Their negative, and even sociopathic personalities that cant be toned down make defense attorneys leery about putting them on the stand even in the penalty phase lest they do more harm than good.

Likewise, the defendant has been convicted of the deliberate murder of an infant with himself as the sole participant. This is probably going to keep say, his former teacher from showing up with:

Tales of a slow but over all pleasant student who was easily led astray by others. He did not kill anybody directly- the ring leader did.

In short, the standard fluff stuff is probably all the defense has.

Last edited:
@Trooper . You have me googling testosterone injections.
I bet $100 AU dollars that Ronald did not want that snippet of info out in the public sphere. His whole persona appears to be invested in projecting himself as a high libido, high maintenance man . One of the side effects is a sort of constant state of irritation, But that is hardly a defence for murdering anyone, much less a baby son. Most men are irritable by nature, in my experience, or perhaps it just comes with the territory of being me..

Settling back to watch another day of Ronald weighing his own head again, and of Mr Pena , his own head barrister refusing to engage or even look at him, a truly odd dynamic going on there.

I am hoping that the matter of his choice of weapon gets a run. Something so vicious and extremely repulsive about using a knife, so up close, so personal, he wanted her to know who was ending her life, no messing about with an anonymous shot from the bushes. He wanted the baby to know too, who was killing mummy and who was going to kill him. He must have tested that knife out, he couldn't leave it to chance that it would buckle or slip or be dull.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tased×20
Back