Presumed Located TX- Laura Read, 34, Houston/Midtown, 16 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’m also thinking drugs. That could account for looking disturbingly different, IMO. She has to be with someone b/c she used somebody’s phone this morning to text her dad, although she could have bought a new one I guess. Drugs is one of the few things I can think of that a mother would leave her baby for. Or a man. Or both. :(
There are undoubtedly many threads of a woman choosing a man over her kids or allowing abuse of her kids. Why did she seem to think her son was better off alone in a car ~ abandoned in a parking lot? Illogical. Are her texts an admission of guilt of child abandonment? Are they now evidence? This is an odd one.

ABC13 Houston
BREAKING UPDATE: Missing mom, Laura “Lacie” Read, has been found alive, per Texas EquuSearch. Laura’s father says she’s texted him to say she’s okay, but it’s not clear where exactly Laura is or what happened last night,
ABC13-Courtney Fischer reports.
https://abc13.com/9774394/

Interesting, I've never seen a text message from an unidentified number (much less the MP's own phone). Deemed sufficient enough to call off a missing person's investigation? Very odd.

ABC13 Houston
BREAKING UPDATE: Missing mom, Laura “Lacie” Read, has been found alive, per Texas EquuSearch. Laura’s father says she’s texted him to say she’s okay, but it’s not clear where exactly Laura is or what happened last night,

Interesting, I've never seen a text message from an unidentified number (much less the MP's own phone). Deemed sufficient enough to call off a missing person's investigation? Very odd.

According to Tim Miller in his interview linked upthread, LR’s phone was found inside Marshall’s, a store in the shopping center where her car with her child was found. It is unclear what phone she used to contact her father this morning, which is why Tim mentioned tracing the number.

ABC13 Houston

JMO but I’m not so sure the investigation part is over. I think (paraphrasing ) Her dad is the one who requested Tim’s team stop the searching. I believe Tim indicated in his video she was supposed to call HPD by a certain time this afternoon and her father again. I guess we wait to see if that happens and what comes next.

Hmmm... I'm not sure I'd take a text and a 'disturbing' selfie as 'proof' my child was alive and well? I feel like "Found Safe" is a little premature in this case? Has she actually been located? This is weird imo

Hmmm... I'm not sure I'd take a text and a 'disturbing' selfie as 'proof' my child was alive and well? I feel like "Found Safe" is a little premature in this case? Has she actually been located? This is weird imo

Until we get confirmation from LE, I have changed the prefix to PRESUMED LOCATED, based on Tim Miller’s statements in his interview and in MSM reports. But it seems no one is sure yet.

Just speculating: Could she have left her son in the car and ran into the store ( maybe he was sleeping and thought she wouldn't be long etc) and someone called the police on the child in the car alone and she panicked and ran. Tim Miller also mentioned she didn't look like the pictures they have of her. She probably doesn't have makeup etc with her. <modsnip> All IMO and for the record, I am not saying it is ok to leave a child in the car for any reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 8pm shopping outing is hinky.
Why not go earlier without the little one before taking fiancé to work?
If it was at Brennan’s, hours are 5-9pm.
Dropping off at 7pm is a late shift, was she supposed to come back in the middle of the night to pick him up?
JMO

Just speculating: Could she have left her son in the car and ran into the store ( maybe he was sleeping and thought she wouldn't be long etc) and someone called the police on the child in the car alone and she panicked and ran. Tim Miller also mentioned she didn't look like the pictures they have of her. She probably doesn't have makeup etc with her. I have heard she wears a "flip" over her teeth since her teeth are not that white or straight so that could also change her appearance. All IMO and for the record, I am not saying it is ok to leave a child in the car for any reason.
This is exactly what I have been thinking happened, also left her phone in the Marshalls so she couldn’t be tracked!

I think they should take the new picture of what she now looks like and go around to motels etc. I think she could still be local and someone may notice this new picture more then the dressed up/wig/makeup etc IMO

The timeline is weird. 7:50 - sends selfie of herself & son to her dad. They’re texting back and forth which “ends abruptly”. 8:22 - vehicle/son is found. So presumably in the space of approx. half an hour she goes from happy/selfie-taking to missing? It just does not feel right.

What’s also worrying me is this line from that Crime Online article: “Randy Read said his daughter moved from Utah to Texas a few years ago to get away from previous problems.” What was she running away from (i.e. abusive ex)? I’m very worried about her. JMO.

Just speculating: Could she have left her son in the car and ran into the store ( maybe he was sleeping and thought she wouldn't be long etc) and someone called the police on the child in the car alone and she panicked and ran. Tim Miller also mentioned she didn't look like the pictures they have of her. She probably doesn't have makeup etc with her. <modsnip> All IMO and for the record, I am not saying it is ok to leave a child in the car for any reason.
This is what I’ve thought all along. Saw police. Knew she had warrants. Afraid of getting arrested. Knew child was safe with police. Ditched phone and took off. Then shows up a couple days later. Just my opinion.

According to Tim Miller in his interview linked upthread, LR’s phone was found inside Marshall’s, a store in the shopping center where her car with her child was found. It is unclear what phone she used to contact her father this morning, which is why Tim mentioned tracing the number.

Earlier it was noted there were no cameras in the area where her car was parked. Surely there are plenty of cameras within Marshall's. That video footage will be very telling.

Does LR have a job? Just wondering when she was heard from last by her supervisor?

MOO

Such a tight window between texting her dad and LE responding to an unattended child in a car.

Did she hightail it out of there on foot? Was she in distress or survival mode?

From there, without a phone, where could/would she go next?

Whatever happened, if these new texts are really from her, then that's all good. She's alive and the rest can be sorted out.

Alive is a rare outcome on these threads

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298