Found Deceased TX - Leanne Bearden, 33, Garden Ridge, 17 Jan 2014 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, couldn't she have come to that spot, as most others, via various routes? A dog would have to be tracking her route and we do not know if she entered the area the same way a dog may have, or if dogs and searchers even went deep in the property. It probably looked like a spot she would not have been near, if really on a walk, and thus, maybe not really investigated up close. I think they were still in the mode of she had a injury, but on a walk, might not expect she would be walking through brush and high growth, etc.

If the dogs were tracking her they would have found her if she walked on her own. How could they not? They would have at least lead them to the property so that LE could get permission to search.

It bothers me. I have seen dogs track people after much more time for way longer distances.. This is a mile from the house. 1 mile.

But we don't know she walked straight there...she may have walked around for hours.

She was found in a person's yard. The property was just over 2 acres ( not huge, but not tiny) with several stands of bamboo, a pool and three small buildings out back. If she had been there since the day she went missing, how could the decomposition not be detected? I once had a neighbor (also a friend) who no one had seen for three days and we thought he was away. The scent THROUGH HIS WALLS, across a yard and THROUGH MY WALLS was strong and distinct. His body was found in a back bedroom. I find it extremely difficult to believe an adult human being could not be detected by scent, not just by dogs but by neighbors, for this long. The scent is not the same as a deer or dog or cat. It is distinct. If she did do this herself, when did it happen and why was there no strong scent?

There was very cold weather right after she went missing. (Like highs hovering around freezing. Perhaps, that slowed the process.) People don't go out much when it's that cold in Texas, and there was precipitation. My theory, is that they are just now going back there, because it just getting warm again. I know I just went in my yard today, and it was the first time in over a month.

Huge hugs and lots of love your way! :loveyou:

Sometimes just seeing those little posts on facebook about deleting the negative people in your life, or life is too short to be negative, etc, they cut like a knife. So when I have to deal with folks, throw the smile on, and keep going. People don't want to be around those of us that have depression. They don't want to 'deal' with it. Well wake up world, we don't want to deal with it either, and it's NOT a choice we make. It's our life. There but by the grace of God go I!

Thanks! Great post. :loveyou:

But how many would truly think to look UP in the trees?

We will now! I have learned so much here on WS. I hope I never have to use it in my own life, but I'm way ahead of the knowledge curve if I do.

Has it been reported that she hanged herself? I agree that the wording indicates probable suicide, but where are we getting that she was found hanging?

But we don't know she walked straight there...she may have walked around for hours.

Maybe but that seems odd since she walked to the house around the corner to die??

If she walked for hours, Why would she go back there? She would have just gone to the closet place she ended up at.. KWIM?

BBM.

I sort of agree that someone who commits suicide doesn't WANT to live. But I'll add they often don't want to live at that moment. Because sometimes suicide is a very impulsive, unplanned act (though, as noted, it can be the exact opposite). And sometimes the person does indeed have a 'terrible' life and they're in a 'bad' place and... -- well, there are so many components that it's just not easy to summarize the act or generalize it. JMO.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

To most, they find living unbearable and some feel that they are a burden to their family. Even though it will shock the family and cause them pain and suffering, the suicidal person feels that will pass, eventually, and their family will go on. They just want and need their own pain to go away, and if medication or counseling has not helped them, then there is only one way out. The desire to end their suffering is so much greater than the knowledge that it will hurt so many people. It is very hard for most of us to understand suicidal people. In most cases, there is little or no warning, no signs that are so obvious they can't be overlooked. I have a suicidal family member. I watch for signs, but you cannot prevent it if they are determined. They will find a way. And some of them make several attempts which are caught in time, yet eventually they get it right. All I can do is pray and keep watching.

Hard truth to hear for most of us, I am sure, but it is what it is. It's pointless to say, "Oh, she was such a happy person, loved everybody, enjoyed life and lived it to the fullest... she would NEVER do such a thing!" We do not know the demons in other peoples' heads, and we are not meant to know, because if we did, we would hogtie our family member and never let them out of our sight. We cannot do that... we just have to be on guard. Sometimes the ones we think we know best... we do not know at all.

She was found in a person's yard. The property was just over 2 acres ( not huge, but not tiny) with several stands of bamboo, a pool and three small buildings out back. If she had been there since the day she went missing, how could the decomposition not be detected? I once had a neighbor (also a friend) who no one had seen for three days and we thought he was away. The scent THROUGH HIS WALLS, across a yard and THROUGH MY WALLS was strong and distinct. His body was found in a back bedroom. I find it extremely difficult to believe an adult human being could not be detected by scent, not just by dogs but by neighbors, for this long. The scent is not the same as a deer or dog or cat. It is distinct. If she did do this herself, when did it happen and why was there no strong scent?

Rate of decomposition depends of lots of external variables. If the air remained cold, the smell wouldn't be as evident unless you were close. This winter a deer was found dead on our property. I couldn't tell you how it died because by the time I saw it, it was only the bones, and my Great Pyrenees was dragging it onto the back patio. We later found the fur, and it located under a grove of old oak trees that I can see by looking out my bedroom window! Probably about 150ft away from the house. We never smelled anything! Even the carcass has no odor, though it was apparent that buzzards or something had found it.

I have no way of knowing how odors would be if something was up high above my head. Does odor flow to the ground? Or does the breeze make it travel outwards? I don't know.

There was very cold weather right after she went missing. (Like highs hovering around freezing. Perhaps, that slowed the process.) People don't go out much when it's that cold in Texas, and there was precipitation. My theory, is that they are just now going back there, because it just getting warm again. I know I just went in my yard today, and it was the first time in over a month.

Do you know how far from the house she was found? Was it very far? tia

This is exactly what I was going to post. I live about 3 miles from GR (I made the videos for the non locals) and it is so true about the weather. Us Texans are not built for cold weather so anything below 50 is REALLY cold for us and it's been in the 30's and below at night. We have had an unusually cold winter and just yesterday and today it has really started to get nice outside again. I don't know enough about human decomp to know whether the cold weather kept the stench away.

Ok I can't type anymore about this. It's just too...I don't know but I feel disrespectful for discussing this. Even though I know we all care for her and her family. But I personally feel very close to this case because it's in my backyard. I feel somewhat guilty for not searching more or helping more. I can't imagine what the family and searchers who searched that particular area are feeling....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe she put rocks or some think heavy in the backpack. idk

It doesn't take that much weight to hang, the momentum of them jumping or falling is what does it. They die from breaking their neck, usually, not just choking.

I think we also need to remember as we go through the "what ifs" is that it's very unlikely Leanne could have been saved from harming herself if she was determined to do so. Even if the dogs or humans had tracked her to that yard, it most likely would have been too late to save her life.

This ending is unspeakably sad. I know we all want answers and an explanation that "makes sense", but this will never really make sense. I'm still reeling from Nick Steward's suicide several months ago and I didn't know him or his family. I still think of him all the time and wonder how his beautiful wife and adorable baby are coping with their loss. It will never make sense to me. Leanne's death won't either. But we can never really know what is going on inside someone else's mind. We just don't know how much pain another person might be feeling.

she was found by the outbuilding, right? so perhaps he went out to get something out the building and something led him there (re: smell, etc) sorry to be graphic :-(

~snip~
I do not recall seeing that anywhere. Do you have a link? It appeared to me that the ME vehicle backed as far as possible and the remains carried out to the vehicle. Also, neighbor's drive was used by ME vehicle to back in.

I think we also need to remember as we go through the "what ifs" is that it's very unlikely Leanne could have been saved from harming herself if she was determined to do so. Even if the dogs or humans had tracked her to that yard, it most likely would have been too late to save her life.

This ending is unspeakably sad. I know we all want answers and an explanation that "makes sense", but this will never really make sense. I'm still reeling from Nick Steward's suicide several months ago and I didn't know him or his family. I still think of him all the time and wonder how his beautiful wife and adorable baby are coping with their loss. It will never make sense to me. Leanne's death won't either. But we can never really know what is going on inside someone else's mind. We just don't know how much pain another person might be feeling.

I do realize that. I do.. But to think of her there all that time. Right there.

We will now! I have learned so much here on WS. I hope I never have to use it in my own life, but I'm way ahead of the knowledge curve if I do.

true, But I think with the arial search, they would have seen her. jmo

I think there are many things that are bothering along with Suspected manner of death.

And that is about the search, the dogs, her proximity to the house and search area.

I have questions about how things were handled from the beginning frankly.

This is exactly what I was going to post. I live about 3 miles from GR (I made the videos for the non locals) and it is so true about the weather. Us Texans are not built for cold weather so anything below 50 is REALLY cold for us and it's been in the 30's and below at night. We have had an unusually cold winter and just yesterday and today it has really started to get nice outside again. I don't know enough about human decomp to know whether the cold weather kept the stench away.

Ok I can't type anymore about this. It's just too...I don't know but I feel disrespectful for discussing this. Even though I know we all care for her and her family. But I personally feel very close to this case because it's in my backyard. I feel somewhat guilty for not searching more or helping more. I can't imagine what the family and searchers who searched that particular area are feeling....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. I have to back away, because talking about it feels so wrong for me. I feel no matter what happened, it's soul crushing for the family. I wanted this to be different, I guess I always do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lily89
Back