Found Safe TX - Lili Griffith, 14, & Lulu Bandera-Magret, 7, Round Rock, 30 Dec 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm way behind but IMO this is worth bumping and quoting-- From the above article:

In the past decade, Miles has been arrested and charged in numerous domestic violence cases in Calcasieu Parish, which is in southwest Louisiana. He was also originally charged with murder in 2014 but a grand jury failed to indict him in the case.
  • December 2009 – Domestic abuse battery: Case status unknown
  • July 2011 – Domestic abuse battery: Sentenced to 90 days in jail and one year supervised probation
  • September 2013 – *advertiser censored* involving juveniles: Charges were dropped in May 2015
  • October 2011 – Attempted second-degree murder: Charges were dropped in November of 2012
  • June 2014 – Domestic abuse battery: Sentenced on May 2015 to one year in prison, four years suspension and five years supervised probation
  • July 2014 – Murder suspect: Considered a person of interest in the murder of Pamela Parker in Sulphur, La.
  • August 2014 – Simple battery: Charges rejected on Sept. 22, 2014 after he was convicted on other charges
  • August 2015 – Considered a person of interest in third-degree rape of a woman in Sulphur, La.
  • November 2015 – Domestic abuse battery: Pleaded no contest to amended charge of simple battery on Sept. 7, 2016. Sentenced to six months in jail.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Tony Mancuso says the grand jury failed to indict Miles in the 2014 murder case because they didn’t have enough evidence in the case. However, Mancuso says he still believes Miles is their prime suspect. While Round Rock police have not released how Bates’ died, Mancuso says his modus operandi is similar, “In this particular case in Round Rock it’s also a beating — which is the same manner of death [of Pamela Parker] — which was never disclosed before this time.”

http://kxan.com/2018/01/02/what-we-know-about-terry-miles-man-accused-of-abducting-round-rock-girls/
And there is MORE in the article. Lili and Lulu are in EXTREME DANGER. Praying he decides to let them go somewhere safe. :praying:

Do we know who was the last person to see the girls?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
That is what I have asked!!! I don’t think anyone knows. I’m afraid if Mom left them behind to go to New York. Maybe she returned to no daughters??

And anyone who has traveled with a willing 14 year old knows, it’s still no picnic. Sadly.

I'm way behind but IMO this is worth bumping and quoting-- From the above article:

In the past decade, Miles has been arrested and charged in numerous domestic violence cases in Calcasieu Parish, which is in southwest Louisiana. He was also originally charged with murder in 2014 but a grand jury failed to indict him in the case.
  • December 2009 – Domestic abuse battery: Case status unknown
  • July 2011 – Domestic abuse battery: Sentenced to 90 days in jail and one year supervised probation
  • September 2013 – *advertiser censored* involving juveniles: Charges were dropped in May 2015
  • October 2011 – Attempted second-degree murder: Charges were dropped in November of 2012
  • June 2014 – Domestic abuse battery: Sentenced on May 2015 to one year in prison, four years suspension and five years supervised probation
  • July 2014 – Murder suspect: Considered a person of interest in the murder of Pamela Parker in Sulphur, La.
  • August 2014 – Simple battery: Charges rejected on Sept. 22, 2014 after he was convicted on other charges
  • August 2015 – Considered a person of interest in third-degree rape of a woman in Sulphur, La.
  • November 2015 – Domestic abuse battery: Pleaded no contest to amended charge of simple battery on Sept. 7, 2016. Sentenced to six months in jail.
Calcasieu Parish Sheriff Tony Mancuso says the grand jury failed to indict Miles in the 2014 murder case because they didn’t have enough evidence in the case. However, Mancuso says he still believes Miles is their prime suspect. While Round Rock police have not released how Bates’ died, Mancuso says his modus operandi is similar, “In this particular case in Round Rock it’s also a beating — which is the same manner of death [of Pamela Parker] — which was never disclosed before this time.”

http://kxan.com/2018/01/02/what-we-know-about-terry-miles-man-accused-of-abducting-round-rock-girls/
And there is MORE in the article. Lili and Lulu are in EXTREME DANGER. Praying he decides to let them go somewhere safe. :praying:

Again, this baffles me. He was accused of killing Pamela Parker in 2014, then they arrested Parker's niece instead, but here in a current article they are still saying he is their prime suspect. I really wonder how that whole case went down, if the niece was ever prosecuted, and if they were in cahoots or what.

This guy should not have been loose to begin with.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That is what I have asked!!! I don’t think anyone knows. I’m afraid if Mom left them behind to go to New York. Maybe she returned to no daughters??

Looks like she came home on the 17th so I don't think they were already gone.

Confused.

WHY was he living with the victims?

She had a well paying job. She had been in nursing school, but looks like she flunked out. There's a crowd sourcing for money link that she started wanting money to hire an attorney to try to get her back into nursing school. She had a boyfriend who is not the same man they are looking for. If she needed money, why take a trip to NY? Doesn't add up.

Was this perp suppose to have moved out why she was in NY? She comes home, he's still there? How long had she known him? Was he related to her? I can see if you're helping family and letting them move in. With this man's history though, even if family, he ain't moving in with me.

Where's the father to the kids?

Not related really, but I was looking at each girl's name, WOW, imagine having to learn how to spell all that when you're in kindergarten!
I am not sure that she had a well paying job. I read that she is a patient care tech which is a great job for experience during nursing school but not one that pays well. I think most of the patient care techs where I work make between $10-$12hr. I'm sure pay rate varies but I'm sure it would be difficult to support 2 kids with that job especially if she is having to pay student loans from trying to go to nursing school.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If I'm following the line of information being presented correctly: TH was ordered no contact with his children/child. Mom had sole custody. Then the grandparents petitioned for guardianship of the child/ren. Since the above mentioned court order mentions a person named Chris I'm going to guess that he was the current boyfriend.

Now, going completely out on a limb, it sounds like maybe mom and the grandparents were accusing each other of sexual abuse of the child and they were both taking photos of the child's "injuries" and, presumably, at least one of them (the mom I'm gonna guess) posted them to the internet.

I think you're right. That sounds logical.

Thanks for bearing with me, and all that to build up to what I find really interesting: in March 2009 it was done and the grandparents got guardianship. Three months later there is a petition for additional orders in the 07/07/09 hearing:

THE COURT ORDERS THE MINOR IS NOT TO BE AROUND TERRY MILES AT ANY TIME.

After a permanent DVRO and TM is stripped of not only any form of conservatorship of his child, but also all visitation rights (agree with the attorney - not that he/she needs my validation - but major red flag here.....this mom was on meth and shacking up with someone and still got to see her child)...... Anyway,after the DVRO and loss of his conservator and visitation rights: WHY does the court need to specifically order mom not to have the child around him at any time years after the fact?

Sounds like she kept going back to him despite his abuse and her restraining orders so they felt they needed to protect the child.

This is just a thought regarding why no one looked into his past before there was a problem. A lot of times you have good intentions to do just that and before you have a chance you meet them and are charmed, seduced, or conned, however you want to put it, and you just forget about it. Its the love is blind. Not saying this was a love relationship. Just that after we are made to feel comfortable and are "hooked" so to speak we ignore our best intentions.
I have done it.

It's true but with one's children? I don't think there's an excuse. They're our most precious gifts and so vulnerable.

oh my god!! horrifying indeed, Im so scared for these poor children
:(

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

All we can do is pray they survive.

Tonya looks like such a beautiful, dynamic person. What a loss.

I can't help but recall the 2005 Groene abductions/murders. I've always hoped that case was the last of its kind, but clearly, that kind of evil still haunts. I want somebody to catch that s.o.b., bring those girls back to safety, and march that man straight to justice. NOW.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh gosh you're right v t. He's that type. Scary.

Their mother's cause of death is pending an autopsy, but police deemed her death "suspicious" and named Miles as a person of interest in the killing.

Investigators said the relationship between the adults was not romantic. Bates was a hospital worker. It was not clear how the two met or became roommates.

A police department spokesman told InsideEdition.com Tuesday there was no new information to release on the case.*

Possible sightings have occurred in southern Colorado and northern New Mexico.

http://www.insideedition.com/amber-alerts-issued-missing-daughters-slain-texas-woman-39453

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I'm so so worried for these girls! I wonder how long TM was in their lives before all of this happened.

I am truly horrified. These poor girls! Looking at their ages, my first thought was maybe she and TM went to high school together but their individual locations do not match. Here's is an interesting article about Tonya, names are the same and ages match plus explains her flair for cooking: http://www.mysanantonio.com/food/article/Cooking-living-with-passion-4660427.php
Tonya led a very full life. I wonder what made her change careers? She is educated and passionate about life. I will say it again, she is the complete opposite of this scum. I thought maybe they went to school or worked together young; a false sense of security that made her not google her former acquaintance? I do not know just a guess. I think the nursing school situation was very stressful and may have clouded her judgment when picking a roommate. Panic set in. She was a lovely mother. I am so sad by all of this. I wonder if one of her girls alerted to her that this guy was leering or doing something else that made them feel uncomfortable and she asked him to leave. I feel so bad for Tonya and her girls.

Wow. Great find. Such a loss of an interesting, talented person.

I am not suspicious that anyone else is involved. But I find it a bit odd that no one who is close to the girls or the mother is out there speaking, if only to get the girls' plight out there more.

The boyfriend?
The girls' father(s)?
Any grandparents, aunts, uncles?

From his Facebook profile, he seems like the kind of guy who might flip cars on occasion to make money. I assumed that's what he was doing with that car.

If he no longer has the Saturn he bought in September, it makes sense he might flip cars. I doubt he's in the Hyundai anymore. He can probably change vehicles like shoes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We ask what is wrong with the world today? This monster is a good example!

The court system has failed us, the citizens, in protecting us from such an evil monster. The one good thing the court did was to rule that TM could never be around his own child and gave a restraining order without an ending date.

On his many other charges, the judge should have realized this was an evil person when he was stripped of being around his own child! Judges open your eyes, look at the many charges a person has, and you be the strong judge to throw him in jail for the maximum sentence!

Judges must start cleaning our society up. IMO.

Family friend begs Round Rock abductor to bring girls back

A family friend of Bates, Lea Ann Dornhoefer, met KXAN where Bates used to live, where she would babysit the two girls because they were friends with her daughter. She believes they are in danger and has a message for Miles.
Dornhoefer’s daughter went to the same school, Joe Lee Johnson Elementary School in Round Rock, as Lulu Bandera-Margret.
Dornhoefer said Miles first met the older daughter Lili in Louisiana when she was living with her father. Dornhoefer was uncomfortable with the fact that Miles lived with Bates in this home with the children as well.

http://kxan.com/2018/01/02/family-f...tm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KXAN_News

I wish we knew more about the connection between Tonya and Miles - Miles met Lili through her dad but it makes no sense that Tonya would allow him to live with her and her kids, at least not from what I saw on her FB; she seemed to be a loving and involved mom.

Hopefully we'll learn more soon. In the meantime, thanks all for the new links! I agree that Miles should not have been walking around free in the first place.

TM posted a pic of a pretty nasty wound that had been stitched up in Sept. Just wondering if maybe he and TB met when he was in the ER?

I am not suspicious that anyone else is involved. But I find it a bit odd that no one who is close to the girls or the mother is out there speaking, if only to get the girls' plight out there more.

The boyfriend?
The girls' father(s)?
Any grandparents, aunts, uncles?

Strange. I wonder if LE is telling them to be quiet for fear of setting him off. He's insane. It must be difficult to know how to handle him.

We ask what is wrong with the world today? This monster is a good example!

The court system has failed us, the citizens, in protecting us from such an evil monster. The one good thing the court did was to rule that TM could never be around his own child and gave a restraining order without an ending date.

On his many other charges, the judge should have realized this was an evil person when he was stripped of being around his own child! Judges open your eyes, look at the many charges a person has, and you be the strong judge to throw him in jail for the maximum sentence!

Judges must start cleaning our society up. IMO.

The criminal court would have no reason to look up guardianship cases (probate court) or domestic violence cases (family court). His criminal background would only be known to the judge if the prosecution divulged it.

I agree that there's a problem with our system. No more "deals" like these for repeat offenders with histories of violence or sex crimes.

Family friend begs Round Rock abductor to bring girls back

http://kxan.com/2018/01/02/family-f...tm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KXAN_News

I wish we knew more about the connection between Tonya and Miles - Miles met Lili through her dad but it makes no sense that Tonya would allow him to live with her and her kids, at least not from what I saw on her FB; she seemed to be a loving and involved mom.

Hopefully we'll learn more soon. In the meantime, thanks all for the new links! I agree that Miles should not have been walking around free in the first place.

Dornhoefer said Miles first met the older daughter Lili in Louisiana when she was living with her father. Dornhoefer was uncomfortable with the fact that Miles lived with Bates in this home with the children as well."

This is so weird! So he knew the oldest daughter through her father from Louisiana! Why the heck would he move to Texas and move in with her mother?! Was this girl targeted from the beginning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon