TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if searching that area means that they have a suspect who is connected to that area. They're being fairly tight-lipped (as expected).

It's an informal search with Lina's dad and volunteers.
It's more of a community thing.

I don't believe there is an actual tip involved.

They're just busy searching and fanning out.

Last edited:
How far from apartments is Leon Valley?
About 5 miles.

It's a volunteer search.

Just commenting because they seem to be going all over the place looking for Lina.

Her dad is with this group.
They parked at Raymond Rimkus Park.
Google Maps

Attachments

• 9400 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX to Raymond Rimkus Park - Google Maps (1).png
    9400 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX to Raymond Rimkus Park - Google Maps (1).png
    1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
There are people with search and rescue groups who have details and discuss it privately.

For instance, the person who did the tracking dogs said where they lost the scent. It's not in the media. I don't know why it's not in the media, but it isn't. LE enforcement gives more general location. I won't say anything because I could get a TOS violation.

None of this is top secret or extremely revealing or anything like that..It does help fill in the gaps more than anything.

K9 unit picks up scent near apartments but later loses it
Search widens for missing 3-year-old

(article is archived now, so it may be paywall)

This is a great article by the San Antonio Express to reference as it's dated 12/23/21 -- only 3 days after Lina vanished, and speaks directly to where LE first focused their search efforts. Thanks for posting the link @Fan Friday as I don't recall seeing info about Oakdale Street before.

Before quoting the article, I have to say that I don't understand why OP thinks to elude to information shared in private groups by the searchers themselves-- especially if it can't be cited by MSM and posted here. If OP is a member of the private search conversations, perhaps it better to become a verified insider than taunt the readers with alleged insider scoop. That said, the linked article makes it clear that Lina's scent was lost near the Villas Del Cabo apartments.

Dec 23, 2021

Police were searching Wednesday morning in the Oakdale Street area, roughly 3 miles from the apartment complex where Lina was last seen Monday evening, though officials would not say what led them to that area.

“Whether this is a place of interest or it’s a close proximity, I don’t have any details about why officers picked this location to search,” San Antonio Police Department spokesman Cory Schuler said. “We are still at that complex actively searching there, but our footprint does expand as the investigation continues.”

Police initially focused their efforts at the Villas Del Cabo apartments, at 9400 Fredricksburg Road, where Lina had disappeared from the playground inside the gated complex. Throughout the day and into the night on Tuesday, police cordoned off the 300-unit complex in the Medical Center where her family lives.

[..]

San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said a K9 unit initially picked up Lina’s scent near the apartment complex but later lost it.

The next day, police expanded their search to the area near Oak-dale Street and Loop 410 frontage road, where K9 units and officers on ATVs appeared to be searching drainage ditches.

They also enlisted support from the FBI’s San Antonio Field Office, and began reviewing hours of video footage from residents’ personal surveillance systems and phones.

Last edited:
How far from apartments is Leon Valley?
Leon Valley appears to be about 5 miles south from Villa Del Cabo Apts. The only thing I derive from the volunteer search is the proximity to the interstates with I-10, I-410, and TX-16 -- surrounding the perimeter.

ETA: recalling 12/23/21 reports where the search was Oakdale St -- about 3 miles west of the Apt. Also within the perimeter noted above.

Google Maps

Last edited:
Leon Valley appears to be about 5 miles south from Villa Del Cabo Apts. The only thing I derive from the volunteer search is the proximity to the interstates with I-10, I-410, and TX-16 -- surrounding the perimeter.

ETA: recalling 12/23/21 reports where the search was Oakdale St -- about 3 miles west of the Apt. Also within the perimeter noted above.

Google Maps

I really don't think Leon Valley has any significance. Law enforcement was not present at yesterday's search. Volunteer groups have been going up and down Huebner Creek for a few weeks. No connection to 410.

I commented on Leon Valley because Lina's dad has been with the search group for weeks and he's now pretty much walked much of Huebner Creek himself. Although it isn't all that far to walk, it sure seems far when you've been searching for your daughter for weeks trying to keep hope alive.

https://twitter.com/TroyKless/status/1482748132601516044/photo/2

The searches have been done with a Community Group called Eagle's Flight About | Eagles Flight Advocacy and Outreach

The Oakdale search was from a tip and it involved LE.

Attachments

• FJPHj88XwAIiUE9.jpg
    FJPHj88XwAIiUE9.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I really don't think Leon Valley has any significance. Law enforcement was not present at yesterday's search. Volunteer groups have been going up and down Huebner Creek for a few weeks. No connection to 410.

I commented on Leon Valley because Lina's dad has been with the search group for weeks and he's now pretty much walked a lot of Huebner Creek himself.
https://twitter.com/TroyKless/status/1482748132601516044/photo/2

The searches have been done with a Community Group called Eagle's Flight About | Eagles Flight Advocacy and Outreach

The Oakdale search was from a tip and it involved LE.
In dad's first interview he says he thinks the gates should have been closed sooner and the cameras on the road should have been checked quicker. It makes me wonder if he saw something on the video of Lina on the playground that triggered this comment. It seemed he immediately believed she was taken by vehicle off the property. The comment begins at the 8 minute mark. MO

In dad's first interview he says he thinks the gates should have been closed sooner and the cameras on the road should have been checked quicker. It makes me wonder if he saw something on the video of Lina on the playground that triggered this comment. It seemed he immediately believed she was taken by vehicle off the property. The comment begins at the 8 minute mark. MO
Unfortunately, the 18-minute gap between the time when the children were caught on camera as they moved out of sight until they returned, might have given the perpetrator a substantial head start.

And if her scent was lost near the apartment complex, per this article, it makes me think someone picked her up and took her.

"I hear the chief saying we are not looking at her as a criminal investigation yet," she said. "I appreciate that. However, the fact she hasn't been found would lead me to believe that it needs to be looked at as a criminal investigation. Almost the proof of not finding her is proof that something has gone wrong."

As for the picture, Allen said that was the outfit Lina was wearing along with the jewelry. The bracelets are blue plastic and gold tone. She was wearing an article around her neck known as the 'taweez' that has verses from the Quran.
New clue in search for missing three-year-old Lina Sardar Khil | kens5.com

The day after her disappearance, KENS 5’s Henry Ramos spoke with Lina’s father, who said through a translator that he and his wife were questioned by authorities for several hours. He also said at the time he believes their daughter was abducted.

An interfaith vigil held a few days after Lina’s disappearance was attended by community members and relatives, as well as McManus and some local politicians.

"I hear the chief saying we are not looking at her as a criminal investigation yet," she said. "I appreciate that. However, the fact she hasn't been found would lead me to believe that it needs to be looked at as a criminal investigation. Almost the proof of not finding her is proof that something has gone wrong."

As for the picture, Allen said that was the outfit Lina was wearing along with the jewelry. The bracelets are blue plastic and gold tone. She was wearing an article around her neck known as the 'taweez' that has verses from the Quran.

I agree that this needs to be looked at as a criminal investigation.

Agreed. a small child is missing and her parents have reported that they do not know where she is. MOO clearly "something" criminal has happened. I don't' understand the chief not terming it a criminal investigation? If she had wandered off, with all the publicity around the amber alert, I would think she should have been found at this point. The fact that she hasn't points to some sort of foul play being the cause of her disappearance. My bet is abduction. Random crime of opportunity. Someone unknown to the family.

Jan 18, 2021

Lina, who will turn four next month, disappeared from a playground on December 20. An AMBER Alert was issued but has since been called off. The FBI and SAPD are still calling it a missing person's case. The last update from SAPD came ten days ago. Before the police chief has said they do not have evidence to suspect foul play and are not treating this as an abduction. But Laster said the status of this case needs to change.

No need to state the obvious here so I'm not troubled by the classification re. not a criminal investigation yet. We often see this happen when children are the subject where I think it essentially translates to bureaucracy funding with the federal partners. Nobody wants to think dollars when a child is at stake so some things are best left unsaid.

As far as media and public perception, I think there's the psychological effect of wanting to hold on to hope that the child will return safe and unharmed but we know the reality when a child goes missing 48 hours -- let alone nearly a month. MOO :(

https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/231619.pdf

"The father sent that to me because so many people were asking about jewelry," Allen told ABC News in a phone interview on Tuesday.

Allen is the president of Eagles Flight Advocacy and Outreach, a local nonprofit that supports families experiencing crisis and trauma. It is one of the local organizations that has been assisting in volunteer efforts to search for Lina

"Due to this being an active and ongoing investigation, we cannot confirm what evidence we have in this case," a spokesperson for the San Antonio Police Department told ABC News on Tuesday evening when asked if police have reviewed the photo and whether they believe the articles of jewelry or the photo could provide a potential clue in the case. "At this time, we have no updates to report. Our follow up unit continues to work tirelessly on Lina’s case."

Lina's family is part of an Afghan refugee community in San Antonio. They arrived in the United States in 2019.
New photo of missing 3-year-old could provide fresh clue

I understand not calling this a criminal investigation. Investigations are part of discovery for jury trials which is what this will ultimately result in. Calling an investigation criminal before evidence is produced gives power to a team representing an accused defendant, can lead to a slew of problems. Can’t risk it.

JAN 18, 2022
Exclusive interview with missing girl's father as he shares her precious belongings | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)
Khil took us to the small bedroom that the family shares. In a tote his wife has Lina’s belongings tucked away. Tomorrow night Khil shares with us why he believes his daughter was abducted.

Missing Lina Khil seen wearing red dress, photo taken day of disappearance | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)

72668b21-30b5-4c68-acbb-b26bbcfc59f4-medium16x9_Capture.PNG

New photos of Lina Khil were shared by her family on Tuesday, one photo (on the left) was taken on the tragic day the innocent girl went missing.

The image of the toddler shows Lina in a red dress she was wearing when she went missing. She was also wearing blue and gold tone plastic bracelets, a necklace, earrings, and a gold hair clip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members