TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The media is also saying they speak Arabic. This was on the 10 pm news and stated by reporter Henry Ramos. The problem is: We have families from India, Bangladesh, Iran and Pakistan here along with Arabs. It really is incumbent to get these facts correct because we have thousands of families here and it makes us appear ignorant. Imagine people from those ethnic groups tuning in at 10 pm to find out more about Lina. Or even people who work at the NSA or with defense intelligence. It is cringe-worthy. Yes, I live in San Antonio.

We also have many Afghan-language interpreters here. They have been here since 9/11.

Makes me wonder if they're speaking Jugari, which is a relatively rare form of Arabic that's spoken in Afghanistan--at any rate, they seem to have a guy who can interpret now, at least to an extent.

This is really heartbreaking. Please do not blame her mother in any way. Lina deserved to be safe in what was her own "backyard" near other families. I hope even if she was kidnapped they find her safe today, like the little girl recently in Australia. Hoping for that miracle.

DEC 22, 2021
Lina Sardar Khil: Police are searching for a 3-year-old girl after she disappeared from a playground in San Antonio - CNN
Authorities are searching all areas of the apartment complex, including nearby dumpsters and cars due to the "suspicious nature" of the child's disappearance, McManus explained.

Texas police search for girl, 3, last seen at playground | AP News
The child was last seen between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. Monday at the playground within a gated apartment complex. ...

The family moved to the U.S. in 2019 from Afghanistan after fleeing from “threats that were posed to us,” Lina’s father, RSK, told San Antonio TV station KENS.

DEC 22, 2021
Lina Sardar Khil: Police are searching for a 3-year-old girl after she disappeared from a playground in San Antonio - CNN
Authorities are searching all areas of the apartment complex, including nearby dumpsters and cars due to the "suspicious nature" of the child's disappearance, McManus explained.

Texas police search for girl, 3, last seen at playground | AP News
The child was last seen between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. Monday at the playground within a gated apartment complex. ...

The family moved to the U.S. in 2019 from Afghanistan after fleeing from “threats that were posed to us,” Lina’s father, RSK, told San Antonio TV station KENS.

BBM

I know some thought my post stating that this could be retaliation for things that happened in Afghanistan were a bit out there, but it's still something to consider IMHO. We have no idea who this family is or why they came to the U.S. 2 years ago as refugees.

So this makes a little more sense than she was playing with other children on the playground and someone appeared and took her from their midst. I know it COULD happen that way, but kind of hard to picture. Apparently there's a little pathway off the park, and Lina was last seen near the entrance to the path.

Once she's out of view of the others, it seems anything could easily have happened, from her wandering off, to someone grabbing her.

Additionally, this sounds like her mother didn't leave the playground and return to find Lina gone; her mother left the playground when Lina was suddenly gone, and mom went to try to find her.

Father of missing 3-year-old girl at center of AMBER Alert speaks to KENS 5 | kens5.com

So this makes a little more sense than she was playing with other children on the playground and someone appeared and took her from their midst. I know it COULD happen that way, but kind of hard to picture. Apparently there's a little pathway off the park, and Lina was last seen near the entrance to the path.

Once she's out of view of the others, it seems anything could easily have happened, from her wandering off, to someone grabbing her.

Additionally, this sounds like her mother didn't leave the playground and return to find Lina gone; her mother left the playground when Lina was suddenly gone, and mom went to try to find her.

Father of missing 3-year-old girl at center of AMBER Alert speaks to KENS 5 | kens5.com

Does anyone know if the playground is fenced/gated? Just curious...

Authorities arrested maintenance worker Ryan Brunn, 20, Wednesday afternoon.

He is charged with killing 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera, who was last seen alive Friday near a playground at the apartment complex in Canton. Investigators found her body in a trash compactor there three days later.
Suspect in girl's slaying worked at apartment complex | CNN

I hope and pray Lina's case doesn't turn out like this but I remember following Jorelys's case. I hope they are checking out staff of the complex and any other people who have access to areas of the complex residents might not :(

I did a google satellite over the complex and can't find a playground, but that's likely because it's very small and the complex has a lot of tree cover. There is what appears to be a small dog park that's fenced, but there's no play equipment in there and it's SMALL. There are two pools and a tennis court, but anyway, the little playground must be obscured by trees.

I did a google satellite over the complex and can't find a playground, but that's likely because it's very small and the complex has a lot of tree cover. There is what appears to be a small dog park that's fenced, but there's no play equipment in there and it's SMALL. There are two pools and a tennis court, but anyway, the little playground must be obscured by trees.

The video I saw of the play area it isn't a jungle gym type play area, its like a little tiny astro turf area with two goal posts, I looked at the google sattelite map and it's the green area not far from the swimming pool at the bottom of the apartments.

Interview with father, and play area:

Ok. Now I'm COMPLETELY confused. The "playground" in this film is a small dog park. It's not a child's playground. The area depicted in lalamon's link just above, is a completely other area. That area is a small soccer sport court.

Why are they not clear where this child went missing from? Odd.

Ahh so there's another area next to the bit I saw that has a few small pieces of play equipment. badly damaged fence though.
That's a dog park. The play equipment is a tunnel, for dogs.

If you don't have a dog, I can't imagine going there with small children because it's very likely to have poop, or at least the residue of where poop was picked up. That's why there are those two dog cut out decorations, to make it clear what it is.

That's a dog park. The play equipment is a tunnel, for dogs.

If you don't have a dog, I can't imagine going there with small children because it's very likely to have poop, or at least the residue of where poop was picked up. That's why there are those two dog cut out decorations, to make it clear what it is.
We don't have dog parks in the UK... it looked like a tunnel and a couple of bouncy ride on toys to me!

at 1:38 in the video of interview with father they state she was playing in this area. When that statement was made the video shows a covered picnic type area on cement pad with grills etc meant for hosting gatherings.

I assume it is located somewhat near to the poorly fenced dog run area featuring bench and the tunnel toy. Or it is just where the interview with father began and therefore that dog run is featured in the footage. Based on the state of the fence around that dog area I am betting it was used as something other than a dog run by most at the complex. Kids probably did play in there, there is an entire area of fence missing so I can't imagine people letting there dogs run free in there.

Just MOO. There is no playground proper or she wasn't on a playground proper if there is one at the complex. She was playing and running with other children in the large covered area mentioned at 1:38.

Authorities arrested maintenance worker Ryan Brunn, 20, Wednesday afternoon.

He is charged with killing 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera, who was last seen alive Friday near a playground at the apartment complex in Canton. Investigators found her body in a trash compactor there three days later.
Suspect in girl's slaying worked at apartment complex | CNN

I hope and pray Lina's case doesn't turn out like this but I remember following Jorelys's case. I hope they are checking out staff of the complex and any other people who have access to areas of the complex residents might not :(
I brought up Jorely's case last night too. Was hoping for good news this morning :(

It appears the toddler area has gates, but the fence is broken. It was probably fenced to keep toddlers from running off and getting hit by a vehicle, not to keep out predators.

It appears a tennis court was converted into a soccer area. This makes sense to accommodate changing demographics of the residents.

The apartment complex has gates, but they appear to be open most of the time. (Not unusual)

There are 2 pools, and they have gates.

The play and "tennis " (aka soccer) areas do not appear to be secure to me...MOO

This complex was built before 1973. Screenshot is from historical aerials. Historic Aerials: Viewer When I moved here in 1982, apartments only had fenced pool and tennis areas back then. (tennis areas were fenced to keep balls in etc)

Common areas were never fenced.

Many units had entry gates in the 80's, but the entry gates weren't secure and were only functional after 8 pm and were open during the day.

Attachments

• AMBER ALERT - TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 _ Page 9 (5).png
    AMBER ALERT - TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 _ Page 9 (5).png
    229.8 KB · Views: 80
  • AMBER ALERT - TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 _ Page 9 (4).png
    AMBER ALERT - TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 _ Page 9 (4).png
    255.8 KB · Views: 85
  • AMBER ALERT - TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 _ Page 9 (2).png
    AMBER ALERT - TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 _ Page 9 (2).png
    165.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Historic Aerials_ Viewer (5).png
    Historic Aerials_ Viewer (5).png
    745.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online