TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she's taken herself off on a little adventure and got stuck somewhere obscure? I'd have thought she'd have been crying out though.

It's just so odd that they've specifically said they're not treating it as an abduction yet... she's 3... she's not exactly runaway has she? What other options are there?!

I just keep wondering where her scent trail was lost. Maybe that location is something that makes them think she wasn't abducted? But it also doesn't seem like she could have wandered off and not been found yet.

I just keep wondering where her scent trail was lost. Maybe that location is something that makes them think she wasn't abducted? But it also doesn't seem like she could have wandered off and not been found yet.

I don't have any faith at all in search dogs anymore. We're doing something differently, that has made them unable to function as a reliable tool to locate specific individuals. Maybe it's the vast number of scented grooming products we use, that change all the time, or because we bathe our children daily instead of weekly or less often that used to be the standard. Search dogs do seem to be useful in cases where they are given the instruction to find a human in a wooded area. But as far as tracking an individual child who was KNOWN to start out from a specific original location, I've never seen it be successful in a missing child case that was carried in the media.

Add to that, this girl has probably walked all over that complex in the last week before she went missing, as has her family, who would carry her scent on their shoes wherever they went.

Last edited:
I really can't understand why mom didn't follow along on the path behind her.

I don't think she saw her leave. Maybe mom was at the playground, and when she noticed Lina was gone, she realized the last time she actually saw her was when she was in the area of where the path begins. Not that she saw her take the path.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if all the apartments had been searched? I found this article that states that in Texas, there are no specific laws regarding when occupied rental units can be entered by the management, and the link gives general guidelines as to what is typical. It seems in this case, there is a clear legal ability for the management, accompanied by LE, to enter and search each unit even over the objection of the resident. Does anyone know if all the units in this huge complex have been searched?

LANDLORDS AND RIGHT OF ENTRY IN TEXAS

edited to add:

I found it. On Tuesday afternoon, Chief McManus stated they "planned to search every apartment".

Police focus search for missing 3-year-old San Antonio girl at apartments near USAA campus

Last edited:
According to the refugee advocacy service, they had "many children".
Snipped by me.

Do you mean many children as in - children in the playground or they have a lot of children? If it's the latter would you be able to provide a link for this statement, please?

I don't think she saw her leave. According to the refugee advocacy service, they had "many children". Maybe mom was at the playground with several children, and when she noticed Lina was gone, she realized the last time she actually saw her was when she was in the area of where the path begins. Not that she saw her take the path.

I think the advocacy service meant that there are many children in their refugee community. The first time I read it I also thought that they meant there were many children in Lina's family, but when the policeman (chief?) was asked how many other children were in her family he said 1 two-year old. I think it was a question at the first press conference.

I don't think she saw her leave. According to the refugee advocacy service, they had "many children". Maybe mom was at the playground with several children, and when she noticed Lina was gone, she realized the last time she actually saw her was when she was in the area of where the path begins. Not that she saw her take the path.

In an interview Lina's father said that Lina's mother saw Lina walking along the path. I don't know if there's still something being lost in translation here or not though. If she did see her walking the path, I don't know why she would assume Lina was heading home and go there rather than follow her. I'm not trying to beat mom up, and in cases like this hindsight is 20/20. I'm just saying that with young children, the only predictable thing about them is how unpredictable they are. Just MOO

In an interview Lina's father said that Lina's mother saw Lina walking along the path. I don't know if there's still something being lost in translation here or not though. If she did see her walking the path, I don't know why she would assume Lina was heading home and go there rather than follow her. I'm not trying to beat mom up, and in cases like this hindsight is 20/20. I'm just saying that with young children, the only predictable thing about them is how unpredictable they are. Just MOO
It's hard to know what might be fuzzy due to language barriers or if some of the details actually aren't super clear regardless.

The police did go door to door looking for her. IMO, she was taken by car from one of the parking areas. Surely there are cameras in the parking lots?

Snipped from article - "SAPD is joined by the FBI in the search for Lina, and McManus said yesterday that authorities were going door to door at the apartment complex."

Missing San Antonio 3-year-old's family believes she was abducted

Unfortunately. police are so limited in the ability to thoroughly search for a concealed child. Even if the resident invites them in to search I doubt that they would be allowed to dig through piles of laundry or look in every cupboard and container. I think they need to go back through the entire complex with a different cadaver dog or two. She may have initially been alive but killed and hidden or moved after the first several hours. MOO

I think the advocacy service meant that there are many children in their refugee community. The first time I read it I also thought that they meant there were many children in Lina's family, but when the policeman (chief?) was asked how many other children were in her family he said 1 two-year old. I think it was a question at the first press conference.

Yes. You're right. The information I was going on was a quote in a video, of Margaret Constantino with Center for Refugee Services. She was on camera saying it, and now that quote has been edited out - possibly because it's very confusing.

I did find the quote in text form, where she says "like any big family with many, many children", but it appears she's referring to how the Center for Refugee Services feels about the children, and the many they serve, but she's not specifically saying this one family has many many children. Sorry if i was confused. The quote here:

Who is Lina Sardar Khil and when did she go missing?

Unfortunately. police are so limited in the ability to thoroughly search for a concealed child. Even if the resident invites them in to search I doubt that they would be allowed to dig through piles of laundry or look in every cupboard and container. I think they need to go back through the entire complex with a different cadaver dog or two. She may have initially been alive but killed and hidden or moved after the first several hours. MOO
I'm thinking along these lines, too. I know they were going door to door and said they planned to search every apartment - I wasn't sure how much they could really do beyond knocking and asking questions, unless allowed to go inside.

Snipped by me.

Do you mean many children as in - children in the playground or they have a lot of children? If it's the latter would you be able to provide a link for this statement, please?

Thank you. I went back to find the quote, and the refugee services were apparently not referring to this family. I've since edited my posts to remove that incorrect statement.

It's hard to know what might be fuzzy due to language barriers or if some of the details actually aren't super clear regardless.

I agree, and it is very important for investigators to be able to communicate directly with Mom, in this case with the aid of an impartial interpreter, not a family member. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho