TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that some of the people brought up here do not seem to match, as Deborah A. Hohenshilt mentioned above. On the other hand, there were some cases of children missing in the late 70's or early 80's that seem more reasonable. Has anybody here at WS reported/submitted them to LE or NamUs? It seems like we just keep going in circles.

In response to Carolyn H above:

Playing devil's advocate here....why would her identity be a secret then? She wouldn't have a secret background if this was a case of no record of birth. I feel that she didn't want anyone to know who she really was for one reason or another.

I guess I was thinking that if she had to steal someone else's SS# to create an identify for herself, that would be reason enough to keep her true background secret.

If someone can give me a brief tutorial on submitting to NamUs, I'd be happy to do it. I've never done it before, but I'd like to stop theorizing and start actually doing something:)

Is there a list complied on this thread of just the missing children from the 1970s/80s as well as adults that seem like they could be likely matches?

If someone can give me a brief tutorial on submitting to NamUs, I'd be happy to do it. I've never done it before, but I'd like to stop theorizing and start actually doing something:)

Is there a list complied on this thread of just the missing children from the 1970s/80s as well as adults that seem like they could be likely matches?

A list was made awhile back with a few adults on it...I think we have never made a list with kids because of not knowing the height of the kids. If we just go off of brown hair and eyes there are probably dozens upon dozens of kids out there that we could submit.

Would Jackie Kay Boyer be worth a look?
http://charleyproject.org/cases/b/boyer_jackie.html
boyer_jackie.jpg

Missing since: May 21, 1980
DOB: May 7, 1968
Age 12

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Here's the "tips before submitting" thread. :blowkiss:

NEW Tips before submitting - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I heard back from Assistant Special Agent in Charge (Joseph Velling) of this case and all he said about current information was that "she moved to Texas in 1988 with the assumed identity and may have come from somewhere on the West Coast". I emailed him because he is in charge of this case on NamUs.

I heard back from Assistant Special Agent in Charge (Joseph Velling) of this case and all he said about current information was that "she moved to Texas in 1988 with the assumed identity and may have come from somewhere on the West Coast". I emailed him because he is in charge of this case on NamUs.

Thank You! A new nugget to work with!

JMO etc.

I can't believe that is ALL they have to work with. I am assuming they have interviewed the husband, friends, coworkers and gone through her possessions. You would think there would be something else---even if it was subtle (like the word usage we described earlier). What about what she used to get into college? If there were transcripts where did she get them? There has to be a trail of some sort. Did she ever tell husband about her family growing up? There might be truth mixed in with the lies. I can't believe that she is some disappearing genius such that LE and the SSA can't rustle up some more clues.

:banghead:

bump

well, I hope I didn't sound like I was bashing LE or SSA or whoever in my last post. I guess I just find the lack of clues puzzling because in my RL I am pretty much an open book. Even some people I know that I would consider intensely private have revealed little snippets of their past....but she apparently was very good and erasing hers.
At this point, SSA has been investigating her for just over a year. I see this going really cold.

I'm still curious about Mary Louise Day. She was 5'8" at 12 years old. She went missing from California in 1980. When I try to access her Namus profile I get this message: The case you are trying to view is restricted to authorized persons ONLY.
Please log in to view the case.

What exactly does that mean? Why would a case be restricted?

I'm still curious about Mary Louise Day. She was 5'8" at 12 years old. She went missing from California in 1980. When I try to access her Namus profile I get this message: The case you are trying to view is restricted to authorized persons ONLY.
Please log in to view the case.

What exactly does that mean? Why would a case be restricted?

We have a thread on Mary that I just check out but there is only 1 post on it! Do you know anything about her case...did she go missing with a parent?

Deca - you didn't come off that way at all! I think it seems that LE is holding information back. Now - whether it's at the request of her family, to respect her privacy, or because they feel that too much info will hamper their investigation - that I'm not sure of. I can't imagine how withholding info would help solve this one, but they may have their reasons.

Mary Louise Day - if she left CA in 1980 there would be an eight year difference between her disappearance and the time she showed up in TX with the assumed identity. BUT... that alone doesn't rule her out for several reasons.

The first reason is that I could have sworn someone verified she applied for the SSN in TX around that time. LE says she arrived with the identity, which I assume she then made official in the state. She could have been living under that name for several years prior in another state - maybe the Scottsdale connection holds true and she was in AZ, maybe not.

Secondly, I'd like to know how LE is sure she arrived in 1988. Applying for the SSN at that time doesn't mean she wasn't living in the state for many years prior, right? What do they know that validates that year as her arrival?

Here is a side by side of MLD and Longview Jane:

day_mary.jpg

I don't know about the noses...both are distinct, but it almost looks like Longview's nose hooks at a much different angle then MLD - but then again, the pic image of MLD isn't great quality. There is very little out there about Mary, including a concrete date she went missing (except the ambiguous "spring"). Kind of odd for a missing kid, isn't it??

Another of MLD and Longview. In this comparison, the noses seem to be a bit more similar, as do the chins. I should note that I'm unsure how old MLD was in either pic, although she appears to be older in the one where she's wearing a necklace. Was she 12 in that picture? I don't know. 12 is a weird age for girls in terms of appearance. Some appear much older than others, some still have a very youthful look.

MLDay1.jpg

Quick update, and sorry for the multiple posts: I found a personal blog on missing persons (that I won't link here) that posts that April 1st was the anniversary of MLD's disappearance. I haven't been able to find that anywhere else.

Mamashawn- so weird about it being restricted. I can't find her name in the quick search at all.

I read over her husband's Facebook. I noticed he knows lots of people from north Mississippi and West TN. I noticed that several of them were graduates of an unfamiliar to me boarding type school in TN. I wondered if he or she or both had maybe attended there? I couldn't find any evidence of that, but no contradictions, either.

I don't believe this is Longview's husband. I found a JBR, who goes by his middle name, in the Longview High yearbook during a year that would have been consistent with him attending based on age. I don't have full access to it, and even if I didn't seeing his picture wouldn't help me at all, but I'm confident it's him because the name isn't a common one.

I feel so much sadness for this unnamed woman. I wish we could find out who she was...and those who loved her as a child could perhaps find some peace.

Quick update, and sorry for the multiple posts: I found a personal blog on missing persons (that I won't link here) that posts that April 1st was the anniversary of MLD's disappearance. I haven't been able to find that anywhere else.

Mamashawn- so weird about it being restricted. I can't find her name in the quick search at all.

Her Missing in California profile has a link to her namus profile. Or what should be her profile.

That page says she disappeared Jan. 1st. That has to be wrong because "she left for school and never returned." April 1st would make more sense.

The first reason is that I could have sworn someone verified she applied for the SSN in TX around that time. LE says she arrived with the identity, which I assume she then made official in the state. She could have been living under that name for several years prior in another state - maybe the Scottsdale connection holds true and she was in AZ, maybe not.

Secondly, I'd like to know how LE is sure she arrived in 1988. Applying for the SSN at that time doesn't mean she wasn't living in the state for many years prior, right? What do they know that validates that year as her arrival?

I don't know about the noses...both are distinct, but it almost looks like Longview's nose hooks at a much different angle then MLD - but then again, the pic image of MLD isn't great quality. There is very little out there about Mary, including a concrete date she went missing (except the ambiguous "spring"). Kind of odd for a missing kid, isn't it??

She applied for a SSN/card in 1988, while residing in tx. That information was found via ancestry.com.

And I think her hook nose was the result of a break. There is a tip of bone that projects into the cartilage near the bridge of your nose. If that breaks and is "dislocated" and is not set properly it will remain pointed in the wrong direction. At least that's how my doctor explained it to me. Well, he probably did a better job but I was 12 when I broke my nose for the first time. My nose is quite distinctive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!