TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the page of photos fromthe June article, I can really only age her at most being up to 5 years older than she states she is. She looks fine in all of those photos to me, put on a bit of weight, that's all. The Last picture from abt 2009/10, to me, she looks to be anywhere from 37 to 46 years of age. States born in 1969, supposed to be abt 41/42 (not sure when the Texas D.Lic. was issued). I don't think her real age is too far off of what she stated.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/authorities-struggle-id-mystery-woman-article-1.1383957

37-46 years of age is quite a gap. In those photos of her at the business women's gathering, there is a picture of her where you can see her ankle area. She has the ankles of an older woman, they don't have the appearance of someone in their late thirties or early forties. Who knows, could be how her body is shaped. But anyways... in those pictures she physically looks like someone in her late 40s to early 50s.

I try to keep up with all of the threads but was doing some random searching today and found something "new to me". Apologies if it has been discussed. At the Dallas records website, I linked into their "ROAM" program for online records. You have to register, but it is free and easy. I searched lori kennedy and found one record. It is recorded 10/27/97. (Post bankruptcy, pre-graduation I believe). Assumed name. Grantee was kennedy lori, grantor was lori kennedy.

What the heck is this? It is found here if anyone wants to check it out:
https://roamdallaspropertyrecords.com/
Register then search lori kennedy. Was she changing her name to kennedy lori???

ETA: this could just be someone using the alias.. Or .. I'm just not sure, there are more records if you search "kennedy lori" including a few other names she uses. Not sure if this has anything to do with our Lori....
(Still poking around)

I try to keep up with all of the threads but was doing some random searching today and found something "new to me". Apologies if it has been discussed. At the Dallas records website, I linked into their "ROAM" program for online records. You have to register, but it is free and easy. I searched lori kennedy and found one record. It is recorded 10/27/97. (Post bankruptcy, pre-graduation I believe). Assumed name. Grantee was kennedy lori, grantor was lori kennedy.

What the heck is this? It is found here if anyone wants to check it out:
https://roamdallaspropertyrecords.com/
Register then search lori kennedy. Was she changing her name to kennedy lori???

ETA: this could just be someone using the alias.. Or .. I'm just not sure, there are more records if you search "kennedy lori" including a few other names she uses. Not sure if this has anything to do with our Lori....
(Still poking around)

Looks like "doing business as" to me.

EDITED THIS POST:
After some more research, the LFF mentioned below in the judgement seems to NOT be our Lori.

Looks like "doing business as" to me.

Yes, it looks like there are several assumed names.. I will list what I saw and found in initial searches so nobody needs to go look ( unless they want to purchase the whole record). (Asterisked to eliminate current business searches)

10/27/1997 kennedy lori grantee, lori kennedy grantor
8/9/1993 Kennedy Lori grantee, World unl*m*ted grantor
10/10/1991 Hom*spun H*ppiness grantor, kennedy lori grantee

Then back on 7/24/1990:
Judgement on a LFF, aka Lori kennedy, aka LN, aka LF
2499.00 from Dillard's Dept store, Fort Worth.

I really don't know if this has anything to do with our Lori, (there was another one around at the same time), but if it is her, can shed some light on her early 90s activities.

I have looked Into the LFF mentioned in the Dillard's case and can find only one thing so far... An address on Lippitt street in Dallas in 1992.

I realize researching "lori" is post name change and maybe pointless, but after getting the clue from the judgement, might just follow up a bit more.

I'm so glad I'm *normal*. After reading this thread, I realize how truly lucky I am.

Why does the above pic keep getting deleted from this thread???? This is the second time this reference has vanished. Getting paranoid......

Unless she was an 18 year old sophomore, her birth year would be more like 1970 to 1973? Would that be a fair assumption?

Bummer! I was hoping that was her, they looked so much alike!

We don't have FLEK's SS number however I believe the writer on the Seattle Times does, here is a list of SS Number Prefixes for the States.

http://www.mrfa.org/ssn.htm

? You mean the one she stole from the girl that died ( Becky sue) or her newly issued one? Either way it won't help much. If you find her original one, however, that would rock haha

? You mean the one she stole from the girl that died ( Becky sue) or her newly issued one? Either way it won't help much. If you find her original one, however, that would rock haha

For her big girl card. You're right it won't really help but tell more about where she worked/lived. I just thought it was interesting!

An '86 year for Analak, Alaska or 1986 is the year this Lori would have graduated from High School somewhere else in the U.S.?

So I went over to read the Physic Crime fighter website and I thought this was interesting "One reader said Ruff’s photo looked like someone he used to date. Another said she looked like a tennis pro from Alaska".

I know this is stupid but I am surprised Alaska has Tennis pro's it just does not seem like it would be a big Tennis state :)

So I went over to read the Physic Crime fighter website and I thought this was interesting "One reader said Ruff’s photo looked like someone he used to date. Another said she looked like a tennis pro from Alaska".

I know this is stupid but I am surprised Alaska has Tennis pro's it just does not seem like it would be a big Tennis state :)

It's funny that you would post this because when I first saw the one drivers license photo, not the young ones and not the most current one, the one where I think she may be wearing a polo shirt, I thought she looked like an athlete......like a tennis player.

By the way, I started trying to trace a Lori Jones from Alaska. With that name, it's a needle in a haystack. But I did see a couple with California and/or Arizona connections. Who knows, THAT name may have been an alias as well. It would be nice if the Alaska connection who provided this photo could give us some more information. Such as, what kind of student she was (grammar, etc.), whether they recognize any handwriting on the notes page, whether she was involved in any kind of extracurricular school activities, what she did in her spare time, what they know of her family, etc

She only knew she married a guy in the military from Texas. I don't think they were BFFs

I haven't made it all the way through all of the forums yet, so I apologize if this has been covered (I've gone through the sub forums on the note and some of the possible identities) - but are there any other documents, including the long suicide note and others found in the box or house, that have been made available?

I'm undecided if the note page is worth pursuing or if it's notes made and long-forgotten. Goodness knows I have things I've kept (granted, none relating to an identity change) that may have meant something once upon a time but no longer matter... but are still in my cedar chest.

Hi, My name is Lorie Jones. The picture that you all have been looking at and talking about is me way back when I was about 15 years old and living in Adak Alaska. I have no connection to Lori Ruff. I activated an account on this site just to let you all know that. Good luck with your search.

I saw that Claire and went Hmmm.. Now someone has posted that they are Lori Jones and that the pic is not her.. Wondering how she found this thread.. I am not 100% convinced the poster is who she says

Well, first of all, she spelled her own named correctly (unlike everyone else)! So I think that is somewhat of an indicator. Anyhow... it would be really strange to have one's picture posted on a web sleuthing website without prior knowledge or permission. I imagine that one wouldn't want to have their past or current picture on this website and having complete strangers searching for information about them, especially in this day and age of more sophisticated identity theft.

It was wonderful of Lorie to post and let everyone know that they can stop searching for personal information about her because she is not Lori Ruff and does not know Lori at all.

Wow, you guys are very suspicious! Guess that is the nature of this site. I really do not want to post another pic of myself. I can tell you that the info you have about me is only partly true. I did drop out of school and marry a military man. We moved to California (not Texas) The connection to Arizona is that is where I was divorced. I do have school connections in Maine and Ohio after my divorce. I found this thread because a connection from Adak asked me about this case. I googled Lori's name to see if the case had been solved and came across the comparison pic you guys created. Clicked on the link for the pic and found you all searching for me. Actually, kind of creepy. I know that I have probably given you all enough info here to find me but if you must look for me and you find me please be respectful and be vague with what you share. I really have nothing to hide, it is just weird having complete strangers look into your life. Hope this is enough info to convince you all.

Well, first of all, she spelled her own named correctly (unlike everyone else)! So I think that is somewhat of an indicator. Anyhow... it would be really strange to have one's picture posted on a web sleuthing website without prior knowledge or permission. I imagine that one wouldn't want to have their past or current picture on this website and having complete strangers searching for information about them, especially in this day and age of more sophisticated identity theft.

It was wonderful of Lorie to post and let everyone know that they can stop searching for personal information about her because she is not Lori Ruff and does not know Lori at all.

Agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members