TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Lori called Flek? I still say the in-laws were a nightmare, but I think in-law, esp, mother-in-laws tend to be. I also don't think that it is a big deal if someone is evasive or private about their life with the in-laws-your private life and your blood family is really none of your in-law's business. As long as your spouse knows all and is cool with it, that is all that matters. In-laws can kick rocks.

Very early on, before the Seattle Times story, we thought that she had stolen the identity of a Lori Erica Kennedy. It is a common enough name that there were several around. I got tired of typing all of that every time I referred to her, so for convenience I proposed the acronym "FLEK", for Fake Lori Erica Kennedy. It turned out that she had used the identity of a deceased child to go to court and change her name, so it was more a manufactured identity than a stolen one. But the name stuck, so FLEK she is until her real name is found.

It is my only contribution to this case.

I still say the in-laws were a nightmare, but I think in-law, esp, mother-in-laws tend to be. I also don't think that it is a big deal if someone is evasive or private about their life with the in-laws-your private life and your blood family is really none of your in-law's business. As long as your spouse knows all and is cool with it, that is all that matters. In-laws can kick rocks.

What a bizarre post.

I'm calling our Jane Doe FLEK because someone got that started and it is easy to type. I don't like it because she is truly a Jane Doe.

In the tea time pic of her with her little daughter, you could see that her looks had really changed since the pics with that ladies business club. Whatever was wrong with her was really starting to take hold, IMO.

She and Blake were about to divorce and I believe she knew her secret identity was about to be revealed somehow. She sensed the end of the identity she'd gone to so much trouble to build. I think she realized that Blake was not coming back to her and decided to end it all.

I would bet anything the Ruff's know exactly who she was by now and will not let that information get out there. The only way we are ever going to know who she was is for someone here to uncover her trail and to also find a pic out there somewhere that is definitively her with her birth name before the new identity string came into being.

I really, really want to know who this woman was!

MOO

What a bizarre post.

I do not see that as a bizarre post at all. One of the first things genteel southern folks used to ask is, "Who is your family?" Granted, people stopped doing that a long time ago. Prominent southern families generally knew of each other. If not personally, at least the name.

It's also been a long time thing that some people do not like their in-laws. A lot of both men and women do not like their mother-in-laws. Some really are too nosey.

Bizarre? I don't think so, but the great thing about WS is that we are all entitled to our own opinions.
MOO

Well I certainly don't have any problem with people saying that they have an issue with any member of their family, but there is absolutely no way that I would agree that "mother-in-laws tend to be" "a nightmare" which is exactly what that post stated.

Well I certainly don't have any problem with people saying that they have an issue with any member of their family, but there is absolutely no way that I would agree that "mother-in-laws tend to be" "a nightmare" which is exactly what that post stated.

One day, that little girl is likely to read about her Grandma here -- where we agree to be victim-friendly. That's a broad brush for painting in-laws....

Blake & Lori Ruff's Daughter: sometimes people don't get along with their in-laws or other family members. It's hard to remember that maybe other people don't have that sort of friction in their own family. Here at WS, we know that your Mom tried her best to take care of you, then your Grandma stepped in when she was needed. We all want to know more about your Mom, and I'll bet you do too. Thanks, Laughing

One day, that little girl is likely to read about her Grandma here -- where we agree to be victim-friendly. That's a broad brush for painting in-laws....

Blake & Lori Ruff's Daughter: sometimes people don't get along with their in-laws or other family members. It's hard to remember that maybe other people don't have that sort of friction in their own family. Here at WS, we know that your Mom tried her best to take care of you, then your Grandma stepped in when she was needed. We all want to know more about your Mom, and I'll bet you do too. Thanks, Laughing

Well said!! My MIL is a dream. Truly a godsend to me, esp. considering my own mother was less than so.

Well said!! My MIL is a dream. Truly a godsend to me, esp. considering my own mother was less than so.

Agree. Scoot over! I love my MIL to the moon and back. If not for her, I wouldn't have my wonderful DH! :)

I don't mean to seem totally devoid of all compassion for the daughter of this Jane Doe, but we just cannot go about trying to solve anything if we can't comment for fear she will be reading here at some point.

If the daughter ever does read here, she will know that all of us just tried to uncover the mystery of who her mother was. I love children and would never intentionally hurt the feelings of a child. If she ever reads here, she will be old enough to understand what we are doing.

This is the south. Sometimes older southern people are nosey and that can be irritating. That said, I would certainly want to know the person my son was marrying. My late son married a drug addict, but she was the sweetest, most innocent looking person on earth. Come to find out, she was entirely different when she wasn't around me and my late husband. Even her Facebook was shocking.

I dunno. Maybe I was the horrible MIL and Ms. Ruff (Blake's Mom) was the best. At any rate, she is totally innocent in all of this. All of the Ruff's are.

The little daughter will grow up in a privileged home and a loving one. I am thankful for that. I do not personally know the Ruff's, but I do know of them.

MOO

Not to turn this into a forum about MILs but mine was great and died way too early. She was a little annoying, only because she thought of me as a friend. By that, I mean, she would stop by every morning on her way hm from work to visit us as I was getting the kids ready for school which slowed every thing up,lol. She always had my back when I did anything stupid, like wrecking the car several times. I wish she could annoy me now. I think as a grandparent, she tried to make up for not always being the best parent.

I ran across this missing person. The height is a bit short, but - it says she has a crooked nose, and may have disappeared in order to keep her child safe. Not sure if she has been discussed before. There was a possible sighting after her disappearance and may have been in Nevada around 1983.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cappel_susan.html

I found listings for both "Laurie A Kennedy" and "Laurie S Kennedy" with this person's birthdate on Ashwood Dr in Sugar Land, TX as of 1989.

I swear I read there was a body found with an IGA smock on in NC I can't fi,d antything

She is still listed as unidentified on NamUS. They added another "ruled out" - Denise Sheehy - sometime in the past few months. I think the case is still open.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9863

Denise Sheehy's name was added as a rule out VERY shortly after I submitted her name as a possible match. I have a lot of questions about how she could be excluded so quickly and I believe Denise Sheehy should be reconsidered. I've called Denise's case manager with NAMUS to see if they can take a 2nd look. The physical resemblance of not only her childhood image but her later age progressed images to "Lori Ruff" are striking.

I have also made contact with one of Denise's family members and coincidentally, her family is currently pursuing a possible DNA match in (of all places) Texas.

Part of a mental breakdown is seeing things and "patterns" where there are none. She could have been irrationally convinced that someone familiar was stalking her.

Another side note my boyfriend brought up.... (he is in the same age range as FLEK & grew up in Portland, Oregon in the late 1980s.) He said FLEK was "too ugly" to be a stripper. So that brought up another idea- had she been using the occupation of exotic dancing to either launder money or facilitate an illegal occupation (such as interstate drug trafficking or worse?) It's very common for exotic dancers to use the "cash income" aspect of working in strip bars to either launder money OR facilitate a lifestyle that is very exclusive or demanding.

Why would FLEK have faked a document stating she spent time in Asia? Was she either trafficking drugs from there (a surprisingly common thing in the late 1980s) OR involved in something strange/shady? Was it a more modern cult than any of the FLDS ones? Did she suddenly feel a need to break away from all of her associates? Given how frightened some people are of Scientologists in this day and age...I wouldn't be surprised if an ex-cult member of some obscure cult spent all of her savings to essentially be "as good as dead" to all of her ex-friends and associates.

I have known, or known of, some quite plain women who were strippers. Not in a high-class strip joint, and not in places like L.A, but it's amazing what magic can be wrought with makeup, wigs and costumes. I had a friend who was always giving houseroom to various down-on-their-luck strippers and the like, and he swore up and down that one young woman actually had Down's! I never met her so I don't know if that was true, but I'm assuming she wasn't conventionally attractive. (And ID pictures tend to be so unflattering anyway! I cringe at the thought of having my driver's license pic on computer screens from coast to coast! :eek:)

The religious cult angle is one that I find most convincing. As you mentioned, some of the higher-ups in many of those cults can be, ah, intimidating; perhaps LEK thought that covering her tracks entirely was the only way to stay safe. She may even have been married to someone high up in a cult - I think that the Becky Sue identity was a few years younger than the real LEK was (I see LEK as being born around 1963 to 1965).

And the Cuban food - I've wondered about that - in Texas, and most of the western US for that matter, Mexican food is ubiquitous and Cuban food much harder to come by. There are some Cuban restaurants in LA, which makes me wonder if that is where she is from.

Denise Sheehy's name was added as a rule out VERY shortly after I submitted her name as a possible match. I have a lot of questions about how she could be excluded so quickly and I believe Denise Sheehy should be reconsidered. I've called Denise's case manager with NAMUS to see if they can take a 2nd look. The physical resemblance of not only her childhood image but her later age progressed images to "Lori Ruff" are striking.

I have also made contact with one of Denise's family members and coincidentally, her family is currently pursuing a possible DNA match in (of all places) Texas.

Denise S. is brown-eyed, 5'4, weighed 103 pounds and wore a size 5.5 there is nothing here that matches the physical descriptor of FLEK. I'm glad NAMUS was able to rule her out quickly.

Denise S. is brown-eyed, 5'4, weighed 103 pounds and wore a size 5.5 there is nothing here that matches the physical descriptor of FLEK. I'm glad NAMUS was able to rule her out quickly.

You seem to be comparing Denise's measurements from when she was last seen at the age of 16 (in 1970) to FLEK's measurements from 1988 and later. It has been reported that people who knew FLEK / Lori Ruff actually thought that she was "much older" than she claimed to be. For as tall and heavy as she was, "Lori Ruff" was only 5'4" tall and wore only a size 5.5 shoe at SOME point in her life. Correct?

You seem to be comparing Denise's measurements from when she was last seen at the age of 16 (in 1970) to FLEK's measurements from 1988 and later. It has been reported that people who knew FLEK / Lori Ruff actually thought that she was "much older" than she claimed to be. For as tall and heavy as she was, "Lori Ruff" was only 5'4" tall and wore only a size 5.5 shoe at SOME point in her life. Correct?

Women’s feet stop growing at around 14-16, so unless FLEK’s foot was close to a size 5.5 (I can’t find a reference to any shoe size), it would make her a less-likely candidate. Women also tend to stop growing by age 16. That would be quite the growth spurt. Taller women also tend to have average to above-average shoe sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CattarinaPoe