TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Women’s feet stop growing at around 14-16, so unless FLEK’s foot was close to a size 5.5 (I can’t find a reference to any shoe size), it would make her a less-likely candidate. Women also tend to stop growing by age 16. That would be quite the growth spurt. Taller women also tend to have average to above-average shoe sizes.

Yes, and that's why I was comfortable in doubting that Denise S. is FLEK.

Women’s feet stop growing at around 14-16, so unless FLEK’s foot was close to a size 5.5 (I can’t find a reference to any shoe size), it would make her a less-likely candidate. Women also tend to stop growing by age 16. That would be quite the growth spurt. Taller women also tend to have average to above-average shoe sizes.

LEK's feet are visible beneath the table, in one pic of her with the women's business owner's association. Her feet are noticeably large. I would say she wore at least a US size 10. And the marriage counselor/psychologist who counseled her after her separation noted that LEK had "the longest hands [he] had ever seen." Feet and hand size are generally proportionate.

The full-length pics of LEK, especially where she is standing with other people (see the ones of her with the business association) show a notably tall woman - she's towering over the other women in the pictures, and in one, she's bending her knees so that she can fit in the frame with the others. 5'10" seems to be her accurate height - maybe even 5'11".

That's the sort of thing, incidentally, that can't be erased or remade with plastic surgery. I wonder if there's a way to search specifically for missing women who are unusually tall (or have the potential to be, because their parents are tall) and born around the mid-1960's and go from there...?

Yeah, I don't know where the shoe size reference came from - I simply responded to it. I am a married man with a grown daughter and I can say from personal experience that both their shoes sizes have changed over the years and they do not have a growth related disorder as "Lori Ruff" is suspected of having.

I believe that I shared this upthread somewhere. I am 5'9" and wear a 9 1/2 or 10 shoe. The pictures of the Texas Business Women's group show our multi-IDed LEKR as about my size.

There are very few women around who are taller than me, and while friends can & do borrow my clothes, I've only had one borrow shoes!

She did likely reach this height by age 16 or earlier. Her shoe size may have increased during pregnancy.

:seeya:

Yeah, I don't know where the shoe size reference came from - I simply responded to it. I am a married man with a grown daughter and I can say from personal experience that both their shoes sizes have changed over the years and they do not have a growth related disorder as "Lori Ruff" is suspected of having.

I got the shoe size reference from D. Sheehy's page http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sheehy_denise.html
Other than height and shoe size, She also would have had a change in eye colour and hair type as well. Too many "changes" that would have occurred. I still trust NAMUS' assessment that Sheehy is not FLEK.

I am new to this site, so sorry if this topic has already been discussed.

I am puzzled why the Buckeye Pilot certificate was in the lock box. Why was she hiding this document? Could the witnesses signature be clue to her past? Has anyone contacted the parachute pilot to see if he still has records or photos from 9/7/96? She did the buckeye parachute training at http://www.flyppc.com/index.htm. Three instructors with the same last name work there (http://parachutepilot.com/States/texas_instructors.htm ). One of them, R.E. was her instructor.

The witnesses signature appears to be Christina Shaver. Could she be a friend or relative of FLEK?

Welcome Katinka! I don't think all of the items in the box were necessarily hidden. It seems like some of them were just stored there as keepsakes. Also keep in mind, we only know about some of the items in the box. There were a lot more items in there, which were not disclosed in the Seattle Times article.

On the other hand, good sleuthing on the pilot instructors, it has been discussed before. I don't think anybody here has contacted the pilot, however, it is very likely that the SSA investigators have.

I got the shoe size reference from D. Sheehy's page http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sheehy_denise.html
Other than height and shoe size, She also would have had a change in eye colour and hair type as well. Too many "changes" that would have occurred. I still trust NAMUS' assessment that Sheehy is not FLEK.

I agree with you Sherwood Park, there is no was D. Sheehy is a match to FLEK. Here are some photos that show FLEK's height and the size of her feet.

4_003.jpg

8_079.jpg

These photos can be found here: http://www.ntxe-news.com/cgi-bin/artman/exec/view.cgi?archive=39&num=62028&printer=1

94411ba3a0b18e7144c8faa1d139242d.jpg

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure this is Denise !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
d7e47b9a61a4af0c0eac739a65404f2b.jpg

I remember seeing this article last year and ran across the pic again but can't link the article anymore. Wow. What a doppelgänger

94411ba3a0b18e7144c8faa1d139242d.jpg

Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure this is Denise !!!!

Is there a way to verify the age of this lady? Can you share a link? Denise Sheehy would be 60 now and if the lady in that image is around that age, that would definitely be worth looking into. I do see some resemblance to Denise's sister and I am more than happy to be wrong about her being a match to Lori Ruff. Especially if we can at least solve one of the two cases for good.

Heck I just googled the name and pulled up images!

Heck I just googled the name and pulled up images!

Thanks. I found it and I cut and pasted her image next to one of Denise's sister. If I get the chance, I will share the link and the image with her to see what she thinks. Right now, they are waiting for some results from a possible DNA match in Texas. Depending on how that goes, I'll try to help her with this information too. Thanks again.

Is there a way to verify the age of this lady? Can you share a link? Denise Sheehy would be 60 now and if the lady in that image is around that age, that would definitely be worth looking into. I do see some resemblance to Denise's sister and I am more than happy to be wrong about her being a match to Lori Ruff. Especially if we can at least solve one of the two cases for good.

Denise S. from the airline company has her step family info on line and info on her other Sheehy family. If this lady truly was/is the missing Denise S. wouldn't she have already been found decades ago since she has kept her name all this time?
http://www.petitfuneralhome.com/pag...alue=12&obituaries_action=17&obituaryid=46518
If these Sheehy's are relatives or distant relatives of the missing Denise S., then that could possibly explain some of the resemblances between the two Denise's.

Denise S. from the airline company has her step family info on line and info on her other Sheehy family. If this lady truly was/is the missing Denise S. wouldn't she have already been found decades ago since she has kept her name all this time?
http://www.petitfuneralhome.com/pag...alue=12&obituaries_action=17&obituaryid=46518
If these Sheehy's are relatives or distant relatives of the missing Denise S., then that could possibly explain some of the resemblances between the two Denise's.

There are not that many Cuban restaurants in LA or on the West Coast. Or Cubans in general. Cuban immigration for the most part, was in the Northeast. How did Cuban food come into this?

Random theory about the Cuban food thing- Cuban cuisine is a bit similar to Mexican...If the Ruffs are Texans who are intolerant of Mexicans, they might have preferred to have Lori say that she liked "Cuban" instead of "Mexican" food. Just a thought. Also honestly I love weird cuisine...it might have just been a super-quirky thing Lori enjoyed. Her family was wealthy enough for her to buy specialty food to cook at home if she could not find a "Cuban" restaurant in her area.

Why fake a document stating that she had spent time in Asia?... From living around illegal immigrants and American born citizens that dogged out on their educations...

To lie.

Many American companies, small businesses, and universities don't bother referencing stuff from other countries.

I know of a woman, for example, who has lived in the same city for 21 years (She's 28 now). The city is small with about 35,000 people. She is biracial. She was born in the United States. She speaks and writes fluent Spanish. She didn't complete the ninth grade. So she made a fake diploma stating that she completed her elementary and high school education in Mexico and gets better paying jobs than my four years of college ever brought about.

Not saying that's FLEK's case, but wanted to throw that out there.

Why fake a document stating that she had spent time in Asia?... From living around illegal immigrants and American born citizens that dogged out on their educations...

To lie.

Many American companies, small businesses, and universities don't bother referencing stuff from other countries.

I know of a woman, for example, who has lived in the same city for 21 years (She's 28 now). The city is small with about 35,000 people. She is biracial. She was born in the United States. She speaks and writes fluent Spanish. She didn't complete the ninth grade. So she made a fake diploma stating that she completed her elementary and high school education in Mexico and gets better paying jobs than my four years of college ever brought about.

Not saying that's FLEK's case, but wanted to throw that out there.

Yes, it makes sense and I mentioned something similar to this in a previous post. FLEK is connected to immigrant women who have both changed their legal names more than once, as well, they maintained aliases (nicknames).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member