TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a link to a missing child who I think bears a striking resemblance to FLEK. http://doenetwork.bravepages.com/1120dfnb.html
Here is a comparison of the two of them. FLEK remsembales not only the child but her aged progression. I did a little research and found a sibling
for Michelle whos picture looks a lot like FLEK.

MIchelle Wedge FLEK.jpg

Wow mjak that does look extremely similar. The smile and the eyes. The nose is slightly off, but there was nose work done and some of the nose looks the same. Wow that jaw too. I think you're on to something. Hair color and location when missing would be two red flags, but perhaps she was moved somewhere.

Wow mjak that does look extremely similar. The smile and the eyes. The nose is slightly off, but there was nose work done and some of the nose looks the same. Wow that jaw too. I think you're on to something. Hair color and location when missing would be two red flags, but perhaps she was moved somewhere.

I agree with everything you have said. The likelihood of this being a match is not great because of the circumstances. Yet, FLEK clearly did not end up as an unidentified person on this forum because her life circumstances are commonplace. I do see a strong resemblance. Michelle's height according to the AMA height charts as the age of her disappearance was 4 inches over the average. Thus, she was on a path to be tall. Hair color commonly darkens with age so I am not concerned about that. Location is interesting because there has been speculation that FLEK may have been Canadian.

I agree with everything you have said. The likelihood of this being a match is not great because of the circumstances. Yet, FLEK clearly did not end up as an unidentified person on this forum because her life circumstances are commonplace. I do see a strong resemblance. Michelle's height according to the AMA height charts as the age of her disappearance was 4 inches over the average. Thus, she was on a path to be tall. Hair color commonly darkens with age so I am not concerned about that. Location is interesting because there has been speculation that FLEK may have been Canadian.

Yeah I did think over the hair color darkening. The circumstances of FLEK certainly weren't normal. Who knows what she might have gone through if she was abducted. Perhaps she began changing her life as soon as she figured out what really happened. Especially if she had gotten kidnapped and grew up believing someone else had been her parents for so long. Location is the biggest difference here. Her first id was spotted in Idaho wasn't it? That would lead one to believe she was from the west coast. Except Michelle disappeared completely on the far East coast. Near maine. Though she went missing at a young age so she easily could have been transported cross country.

Yeah I did think over the hair color darkening. The circumstances of FLEK certainly weren't normal. Who knows what she might have gone through if she was abducted. Perhaps she began changing her life as soon as she figured out what really happened. Especially if she had gotten kidnapped and grew up believing someone else had been her parents for so long. Location is the biggest difference here. Her first id was spotted in Idaho wasn't it? That would lead one to believe she was from the west coast. Except Michelle disappeared completely on the far East coast. Near maine. Though she went missing at a young age so she easily could have been transported cross country.

If I remember correctly, isn't there a Maine connection to the Laciner name?

Anyone ever wonder if this story is much simpler than we think? Example: She was an only child, had a terrible childhood (which she mentioned and said she burned all the photos of her family because of). Once away from her parents, she sought a new identity to start a new life. No one has identified her because her parents are dead and she didn’t have any siblings. Perhaps her parents were immigrants from another country or only children themselves, which is why no one from her extended family has come forward either.

Anyone ever wonder if this story is much simpler than we think? Example: She was an only child, had a terrible childhood (which she mentioned and said she burned all the photos of her family because of). Once away from her parents, she sought a new identity to start a new life. No one has identified her because her parents are dead and she didn’t have any siblings. Perhaps her parents were immigrants from another country or only children themselves, which is why no one from her extended family has come forward either.

I think the only question is why steal BST ID then , then have it legally changed ? she could have just skipped BST and change her real name (unknown) to Lori Kennedy?

I think the only question is why steal BST ID then , then have it legally changed ? she could have just skipped BST and change her real name (unknown) to Lori Kennedy?

IDK, can legal name changes be looked up? Perhaps she was afraid if she used her real name for the name change it would be traceable if someone tried to look her up.

Perhaps but if she was worried about that, wouldn't she have even more reason to worry about her ID being traced to a dead toddler? And if there was no one in her life, she wouldn't have to worry about it. I suppose she could have been an irrational fantasist who got trapped in a lie for 20 years but it seems more likely that she had a reason to take on a new ID: either because her old ID was a threat to her safety or because she didn't know who she really was (eg an abducted child).

She went to great efforts to change her identity using methods that were fairly common for the time. I think it's safe to assume she did so intentionally for any of the myriad reasons someone would go to such extreme measures to do so.

For me, the confounding issue is that she seems to have been struggling with some sort of mental illness. It's hard to speculate whether or not there's a simple explanation for it all, because I wonder if she was acting logically or overreacting. If there WAS a simple explanation, there could still end up being a very convoluted and involved way of coming to it, because what might not seem like a big deal to us could have driven FLEK to suicide, depending on her state of mind.

I find that a person who's suffering from a serious mental illness, let's say schizophrenia (which would explain her supposed paranoid state) or a major depression, wouldn't have been able to follow through such a thorough scheme. Even if this way of changing one's name/SSN was something that anyone could learn from a book, she still would need to be very canny and discerning and lucid to manage it and cover herself for so many years (we STILL don't know who she is!).

So yes, I agree that she must have had serious emotional problems since a young age, but it couldn't have been a mental compromising disorder, at least not from the start.

It's likely though that at some point she grew seriously depressed which lead her to suicide.

I find that a person who's suffering from a serious mental illness, let's say schizophrenia (which would explain her supposed paranoid state) or a major depression, wouldn't have been able to follow through such a thorough scheme. Even if this way of changing one's name/SSN was something that anyone could learn from a book, she still would need to be very canny and discerning and lucid to manage it and cover herself for so many years (we STILL don't know who she is!).

So yes, I agree that she must have had serious emotional problems since a young age, but it couldn't have been a mental compromising disorder, at least not from the start.

It's likely though that at some point she grew seriously depressed which lead her to suicide.

You can have major depression and still be highly functional. I’ve been battling severe clinical depression for over thirty years, have gone to college, obtained two degrees and have held a high-stress job with the government for many years. Maybe I’m not the norm, but I think she still could’ve done everything she did still with major depression.

In regards to my first post, I was just throwing out a theory, I tend to think she was indeed hiding from someone.

Also there are many of these illnesses which may not manifest until the late teens or twenties. It also seems like her true descent into a disorganized state occurred or at least significantly worsened with her separation from her husband.

So I am not at all surprised she was capable of making this identity switch early in life.

Hi new here, but have some theories, one is

Why did Jane Doe out of all the states and cities picked Bakersfield California to get a fake birth certificate? Could it be she was really born there also and pick out another child name born that same day, who she knew had died. In trying to connect her to a tragedy like the Jerry Harvey murder suicide case, could he have had a long lost daughter out of wed lock that just she did`nt want any one to know her family`s history

Harvey was born in Bakersfield, California, in 1949. His upbringing was not a happy one. His father, a judge in Bakersfield, Kern County, had sent the most people to death row than any previous judge in his county. His eldest sister Mary disappeared before he was a teenager, and his next-eldest sister Ann died in a very theatrical suicide.
http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/harvey-jerry.htm

With his famous murder and suicide perhaps with all the family history of suicides is what she was running away from in the end committing suicide herself , the time lines fit.

trying to find his obituary to see if he had a surviving daughter.

For me personally, there are so many random things about Becky Sue Turner that make her the perfect candidate for this kind of identity theft that it would be too much of a coincidence for it to have had any personal significance to FLEK.

At the same time, I literally have no idea how many other good choices there are out there nor how an identity broker, for example, goes about finding them. It's definitely not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717