TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is some type of connection to BST. Perhaps LEK was from the Fife area and when trying to find a new identity she remembered hearing about BST and the fire and decided to use her info for her new identity. Also, I’ve seen the comparison photos of LEK and BST’s father and I definitely think there is a resemblance, maybe she was a relative of BST.

I think there is some type of connection to BST. Perhaps LEK was from the Fife area and when trying to find a new identity she remembered hearing about BST and the fire and decided to use her info for her new identity. Also, I’ve seen the comparison photos of LEK and BST’s father and I definitely think there is a resemblance, maybe she was a relative of BST.

This is a very unlikely scenario, though; what are the chances that FLEK finds herself in a situation where she needs to pull off this scheme, comes up with a dead child who she could conceivably be the same age of and that she has a personal connection to, and it turns out that the child in question both has its vital records spread across multiple states AND that there are typos in them making them even more difficult to trace? Becky Sue Turner was an identity broker's dream; she's EXACTLY who would be chosen for something like this. A personal connection to FLEK would be both incredible luck and an unnecessary risk. Considering she was determined to keep her past in the dark, having a link to Becky Sue Turner might have even been enough to make FLEK pass up such a fantastic identity.

This is a very unlikely scenario, though; what are the chances that FLEK finds herself in a situation where she needs to pull off this scheme, comes up with a dead child who she could conceivably be the same age of and that she has a personal connection to, and it turns out that the child in question both has its vital records spread across multiple states AND that there are typos in them making them even more difficult to trace? Becky Sue Turner was an identity broker's dream; she's EXACTLY who would be chosen for something like this. A personal connection to FLEK would be both incredible luck and an unnecessary risk. Considering she was determined to keep her past in the dark, having a link to Becky Sue Turner might have even been enough to make FLEK pass up such a fantastic identity.

Your theory could be correct, but it still doesn't explain why she would have gone through an identity broker instead of doing a simple legal change of name. The key question is why did she feel the need to change her identity illegally.

If she suffered from emotional/mental problems, the breakup and maybe oncoming menopause combined to cause a type of mental break leading to her suicide. I'm 45 and can tell you that pre-menopause has made my anxiety problems worse, so if she was in her 40s or even mid-40s (the mother-in-law thought she lied about her age) the hormonal changes along with the dissolution of the marriage could have combined to push her over the edge.

Another theory

Even her husband Blake said of her behavior “I’m assuming something really tragic must have happened,” he says in retrospect. “Something awful, is what it appears to me.”

There was this famous tragedy of Jerry Harvey and his wife in April of 1988. that lived near North Hollywood. Jane doe got the fake birth certificate in May of 88 from Bakersfield California . Perhaps Jerry or his wife Deri had a daughter that just did`nt want anyone to know of this tragedy in her life.I`m trying to find their obituaries to see if either had a surviving daughter.
http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/harvey-jerry.htm

Another theory

Even her husband Blake said of her behavior “I’m assuming something really tragic must have happened,” he says in retrospect. “Something awful, is what it appears to me.”

There was this famous tragedy of Jerry Harvey and his wife in April of 1988. that lived near North Hollywood. Jane doe got the fake birth certificate in May of 88 from Bakersfield California . Perhaps Jerry or his wife Deri had a daughter that just did`nt want anyone to know of this tragedy in her life.I`m trying to find their obituaries to see if either had a surviving daughter.
http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/harvey-jerry.htm

About that scenario, I can see someone not wanting to be related to all that tragedy and wanting to change their name, BUT... why would she act so paranoid? Why would she act like she was hiding from someone? Her parents would be dead already and I suppose that with a new identity she wouldn't have to worry too much about someone coming after her. But that's IMO.

Harvey's second wife, Deri Rudulph married him in February, 1986. They remained together until April 9, 1988, when Harvey killed Rudulph with a pistol before turning the gun on himself. She lived at the Thurstson avenue address for 16 years near North Holly wood. So I`m not saying that JD was their daughter together, but perhaps a daughter from one of them that just did `nt want any one to know of her tragedy, just a hunch.

http://articles.latimes.com/1988-04-11/news/mn-639_1_pay-tv

It may also be a mistake to try to unify everything we know about FLEK under a single theory. It is likely the reasons for the identity change and the descent into illness years later may only be tangentially related, outside of perhaps a history of mental illness in her family or a history of tragedy in her life.

The other things that can cause people to appear older than their stated age can range from sun exposure to substance abuse to smoking, just another thought.

A nasty divorce with wealthy inlaws helping the ex fight you for custody can make even people with nothing to hide very stressed out.

She was not a missing person, other wise her family would have put in the DNA banks of missing people their DNA to match when she was found. There were so many connections to Los Angeles and the area in the notes it could where she really came from. I think perhaps her remaining relatives knew of her decision to hide her identity even at her death. She did have mail contacts.

That is not a given. See the Sharon marshal story. Sometimes missing persons just are not formally registered as missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think she's listed anywhere as a missing person either. My two theories are 1) There is someone in particular she was hiding from out of fear. 2) She is the daughter/relative of someone notorious that she didn't want to be connected with.

God i would love to see this case solved! Maybe something like Grateful Doe and how his case was spread everywhere would help this case and someone might recognise her from her youngest photo. but then at the same time, maybe shes been changing her identity so long no one would recognise her. there just HAS to be someone who would see her photo and remember her from before she was becky sue

God i would love to see this case solved! Maybe something like Grateful Doe and how his case was spread everywhere would help this case and someone might recognise her from her youngest photo. but then at the same time, maybe shes been changing her identity so long no one would recognise her. there just HAS to be someone who would see her photo and remember her from before she was becky sue

Right if she went to school growing up to her teenage years, you`d would think some would recognize her. Perhaps she was a only child that was home schooled with little or no friends. She had to be smart to just jumped into a collage education.

Hello,

I'm new to the whole FLEK case and I have a question...

I have seen some mention stripping in regard to FLEK's past. Why is this? I feel like I am missing something.

Thank you.

Hello,

I'm new to the whole FLEK case and I have a question...

I have seen some mention stripping in regard to FLEK's past. Why is this? I feel like I am missing something.

Thank you.

One of her ex-boyfriends that could be tracked down mentioned she was working at a strip club in Texas when he knew her. (He apparently didn't clarify whether she was waitressing or stripping or both.)

One of her ex-boyfriends that could be tracked down mentioned she was working at a strip club in Texas when he knew her. (He apparently didn't clarify whether she was waitressing or stripping or both.)
In Dallas. Tons of strip joints in Texas and all fairly close to where she lived. If bf had named club, it would have been extremely helpful.

I lived very close to FLEK during her time there, and probably 10 would have been in easy transport. Tons on NW Highway and Greenville Ave

In Dallas. Tons of strip joints in Texas and all fairly close to where she lived. If bf had named club, it would have been extremely helpful.

I lived very close to FLEK during her time there, and probably 10 would have been in easy transport. Tons on NW Highway and Greenville Ave

Was she under the name LEK when she was with ex-boyfriend?

Ok. So without giving too much personal information, we now live in Dallas. At work today I was mapping her addresses. Most of these are in VERY close proximity to either Love field or the main airport. The Fort Worth address is next to AMERICAN AIRLINES HEADQUARTERS! Maybe it's a coincidence. Dallas is a HUGE city. Having that many addresses near airports seems like a non- coincidental thing to me. It's very possible she worked in some capacity for an airline and that is how she was able to travel from state to state. Also... I did not know this till we moved here, but evidently, Texas makes you give a FULL set of finger prints to get a drivers license here, so they had her prints from that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member