TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So without giving too much personal information, we now live in Dallas. At work today I was mapping her addresses. Most of these are in VERY close proximity to either Love field or the main airport. The Fort Worth address is next to AMERICAN AIRLINES HEADQUARTERS! Maybe it's a coincidence. Dallas is a HUGE city. Having that many addresses near airports seems like a non- coincidental thing to me. It's very possible she worked in some capacity for an airline and that is how she was able to travel from state to state. Also... I did not know this till we moved here, but evidently, Texas makes you give a FULL set of finger prints to get a drivers license here, so they had her prints from that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the fingerprint thing is new. But, I could be wrong, I don't remember that though.

Ok. So without giving too much personal information, we now live in Dallas. At work today I was mapping her addresses. Most of these are in VERY close proximity to either Love field or the main airport. The Fort Worth address is next to AMERICAN AIRLINES HEADQUARTERS! Maybe it's a coincidence. Dallas is a HUGE city. Having that many addresses near airports seems like a non- coincidental thing to me. It's very possible she worked in some capacity for an airline and that is how she was able to travel from state to state. Also... I did not know this till we moved here, but evidently, Texas makes you give a FULL set of finger prints to get a drivers license here, so they had her prints from that too.

I tend to agree. I think it is connected to some sort of psychotic paranois. Otherwise, she might have been re-assimilated to civilian life after some sort of CIA mission in a Tea drinking country and brought neurosis along with it. I tend to feel stronger about the mental illness theory because repurposed CIA folk are given stronger societal positions than FLEK.

Has anyone the idea of posting her picture on Craigslist been tried in any of her known cities? Or with airline unions?

I'm pretty sure the fingerprints for a license is new, too. I would have remembered being printed (probably would have thought it was really, really cool). I didn't get printed until I worked in healthcare in the late early 2000s.

I'm pretty sure the fingerprints for a license is new, too. I would have remembered being printed (probably would have thought it was really, really cool). I didn't get printed until I worked in healthcare in the late early 2000s.
Why for healthcare?

Oh Nevermind. Evidently it was a new program. They only took an index finger before.

Yeah, prints for TXDL are new, before that it was a thumb and even that was fairly new. Back when FLEK got hers, nothing like that. I believe earlier discussion about possibly her being a flight attendant was ruled out because she would've been in FAA records from that time.

There is still some debate as to why exactly the dps enacted the change because there wasn't a change in law. They just reinterpreted their authorization to collect a single print as the right to collect all prints.

I also think they may be comparing it to some extent in real time with other state fingerprint data but to what extent I'm not sure. Fingerprints are collected for state medical licenses, concealed handgun permits, etc.

In any case, sorry for the digression, but I believe Agent Velling said they hadn't found any matches for FLEK prints in any federal database.

Why would that rule her out from flight attendant? Government databases are NOT CONNECTED. As an FBI agent if I wanted info from IRS I had to contact the IRS to request it. Same with ICE or any other agency including the DMV! It was a huge pain. So if the investigation did not go looking there she still could have been employed by the airlines and I am really leaning more toward that theory since most of her addresses are practically on top of the airports here, which, are not fun places to live due to heavy traffic!!

I almost bet he was looking in federal CRIME databases which ARE connected. Not employment ones.... I wonder if required security was more lax in the 80s for airline employees anyway.

Example: if I got pulled over back then they call in my tag and DL, no way would they tell him I was an FBI agent. The DL would not be connected to the other databases that said I was an agent. I would have to show my badge. It's compartmentalized on purpose.

Her ID change throws a monkey wrench into it also, right? What ID was she using for employers? We don't really know do we? She may have had another SS number. I wonder if " other than flight attendants " have free or very discounted flights... Like food service workers... Or baggage handlers......

Plus it in my mind connects it to the flying lesson thing.. But my mind is all sorts of twisty.

Her ID change throws a monkey wrench into it also, right? What ID was she using for employers? We don't really know do we? She may have had another SS number. I wonder if " other than flight attendants " have free or very discounted flights... Like food service workers... Or baggage handlers......

My ex-husband used to work at the US Airways call center. He plus immediate family (which he had to prove with marriage cert, birth cert etc) flew for free anywhere in the US and they also gave him 5 buddy tickets per year.

Hi all, I haven't read absolutely everything on Lori yet, but I've been interested in this case for some time. I googled the csengineer2002 email, and a spoof site of Spokeo mentioned "Lori Garrett" in the results.

It's such a dubious source, but I do wonder how Lori's 'first name' was correct... I've not seen anything in these threads about the possible surname Garrett so thought it worth noting, apologies if I've done anything wrong, I'm very new!

Taking fingerprints in Texas is very new. It wouldn't apply to her.

There is still some debate as to why exactly the dps enacted the change because there wasn't a change in law. They just reinterpreted their authorization to collect a single print as the right to collect all prints.

I also think they may be comparing it to some extent in real time with other state fingerprint data but to what extent I'm not sure. Fingerprints are collected for state medical licenses, concealed handgun permits, etc.
Docbh--does this help to avoid identity theft? I am trying to think non-immigration.

Docbh--does this help to avoid identity theft? I am trying to think non-immigration.

Well, apparently the Legislature finally caught up to the DPS and got them to stop taking all ten fingerprints and reverting to a single index print (which the law allows) but that still didn't stop them from collecting them for a year.
http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...fingerprints-drivers-license-applicants.html/

The DPS claimed it was to avoid identity fraud, identity theft, and to deter terrorists from seeking Texas drivers licenses (hah, when in doubt - always invoke the terrorists...)
http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/l...prints-when-you-get-your-driver-s-license.ece

One interesting point in the second link, the DPS head says they have been collecting digital thumbprints since 1995, and regular thumbprints over the past 45 years...

docbio

I came across this story today of "identity abuse" about a young woman who was raised by strict religious parents... she was born at home, they never filed a birth certificate, she was homeschooled and never attended public school... she left home at 18 and officially doesn't exist. Her parents are so angry she left they're not cooperating with her efforts to get a delayed birth certificate or establish her identity.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Societ...an-American-or-even-exists.-What-would-you-do

This is happening now, in 2014/2015... I can imagine what it would've been like in the 1980's/early 1990's... I'm admittedly a fan of the Lebaron/Chenoweth scenario (or a similar scenario) for FLEK, and I think this provides a glimpse into the types of situation where someone could be born and officially not exist and not seem to have anyone looking for them (this woman's mother blogs and seems to talk about her daughter who left as if she has died or no longer exists...). If the young woman in this story wasn't fighting so hard to establish her identity the right and legal way, you can imagine what might happen if she just established a "new" identity for herself...

This is neither here nor there, but I say again that Velling and the family probably now know exactly who FLEK was. The family probably doesn't want anyone to know the story.

This is one heck of a legacy to leave her little daughter. I have followed this case from the beginning and genuinely wanted to see it solved for the daughter's sake. Now she has to grow up without her mother even though Blake will probably/possibly get married again and she might have a stepmother.

Right now I am angry at FLEK. She shouldn't have had a baby if she was living a lie. It was unfair to Blake as well as the baby.

FLEK wasn't stupid. She had a college degree and knew exactly what she was doing and that it was wrong. She could have confided in Blake when she decided to marry him unless she had done something terribly wrong or bad. Even if she were a domestic abuse survivor, I do not understand why she wouldn't have confided in Blake at some point.

I just feel that once FLEK decided to take her own life she should have left Blake a letter explaining that she had been living under an assumed/stolen identity. As is stated at the beginning of this post, I think Velling knows exactly who she was now and has no intention of letting anyone outside the family know. The family very likely doesn't want anyone to know either, IMO.

I keep checking back here periodically to see if there is anything new. We will probably never know who FLEK was.

MOO

We still don't know her circumstances. Maybe it wasn't a lie that would have been an issue. Everyone has things from the past they don't tell their spouse. This just happened to be a very big something ha ha. I don't think judging her is helpful to solving the case. Trying to understand and relate to her however will be more helpful to figure out her moves and motives.
I am sure everyone has a personal opinion about it one way or another and that's ok but it's not helpful in understanding her.

If she had a sordid family past or was related to someone infamous like a criminal, it could be that once she met Blake she was stuck more than ever with her false identity. Her husband's family sounds well-to-do and as if appearances and social standing may have been important to them. It could be that FLEKs background was such that she feared telling the truth would cause the family to try and prevent the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member